Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah, I'm late to the party. Saw it yesterday.

Loved the film, it was great to go to a cinema and watch a good enjoyable film for the first time in, like forever.

Just a few things I'll comment on.

That opening: recreating the first films opening, but in the modern day with enhanced everything was just bitching!! I had a swelling in my chest and my loins.

The Val Kilmer scene, that was full of emotions, sure in context of the film, but more so in real life. Knowing the story behind it, and the film makers being sure to put him into the film. It would have been quite emotional for everyone to be on set.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Just saw this tonight and I've gotta say my only regret is not seeing it sooner when it was in IMAX because this movie is a straight 10. An absolute masterpiece of a film. I say this even as a person who hates flying to the point that I pretty much won't ever.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you missed top gun in theaters its returning to select dolby/imax screens starting this weekend 100% worth a watch in theaters

i was thinking about going to see bullet train in imax this weekend but maybe i'll see top gun a third time instead

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I see it in my Cinemark XD theater for next week, guess this Fall season sucks and they figured might as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
RELEASE: Top Gun Maverick.2022.HC.IMAX.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AAC-EVO

ViDEO: 6 120 kb/s

RESOLUTiON: 1920x1080 (IMAX)

RUNTiME: 2 h 10 min

SUBTiTLES: Asian (Hardcoded)

AUDiO 2: 256 kb/s AAC 2 channels (CORE)

Fuck that, waiting for the Atmos version

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do not put this movie on as background noise. 2 hours later I accomplished nothing, I need the real rip out to test on my surround sound. This movie is so damn awesome and cheesy

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It'll be my first physical media purchase in a number of years.

But this movie is so damn good, just another way to support it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only thing that bugged me about this movie is the rogue nuclear state having access to not only 1 but multiple F-35s.

Never mind! They came from Biden leaving all that shit in Afghanistan. Makes total sense now.

Still 10/10 from me! The best movie I have seen in a while now.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Supposed to be an Iran/Syria equivalent supplied by Russia (without explicitly naming anyone) but the movie was made pre-2022 so now we laugh about it.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just watched again at home. Told the wife this made me miss my old surround sound system since we couldn't 'feel' the afterburners as much as we did in the theater.
Fucking movie, I've already watched it once, know how it ends. I STILL tense up both times it looks like Tom Cruise died. This is one outstanding picture!