Torchlight: Infinite

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW, the Torch 3 music is on youtube music. It is really nice. I'm not sure if 3 eventually became infinite or what.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well this is out now....annnnd its complete pay-to-win mobile based garbage.

This is a shame as they clearly have the art design and skill necessary to make a great action game, but instead its just full of 'season pass / buy sim bucks!' crap.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well this is out now....annnnd its complete pay-to-win mobile based garbage.

This is a shame as they clearly have the art design and skill necessary to make a great action game, but instead its just full of 'season pass / buy sim bucks!' crap.
Wish they had used this art crew on Torchlite III. That was an ugly mess.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I even like that they went Phantasy Star-like with a futuristic setting many hundreds of years after Torchlight 2. I would have eviscerated the story team, however, as its a combination of Sephiroth fanfic and annoying anime tropes.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Save yourself the 10 minutes I played this game. It is not worth downloading.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am giving this a go along with Undecember because I just want to play a fucking pet class. Not awful so far. I am only level 8 or so though.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I got up to mid 40s with the pet class last beta. It’s not a complete trash fire of a game. It’s just kinda a bummer there is so much loot box gacha stuff crammed in it.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
WTF. Brevik is Consulting Producer? Had no idea he played any part in it.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Up to 20 now. I despise whoever wrote the dialogue for Aria. Being called 'partner' every 3 seconds is grating.

Argarth

On the verandah
This is a REALLY good game from what I've seen so far. A couple of characters fast approaching 40, guess I'm fairly close to finishing the campaign.

Nothing like DI at all, and with the changes they made to the P2W aspects before the Open Beta landed, it looks like a non-issue. According to several people who've been playing this for months already (CBeta etc.) right now you can probably buy ~30% extra power at the top end (pets etc.) if you're into fully min-maxing, but it's not required at all to play right through the end game. There's no pvp anyway.

Early days for me, but I can already see they've put a ton of work into the skills/talents/hero traits/gear systems etc. It all fits together really well, and lots to learn and experiment with.

Runs great maxed out, and the PC UI is really good. Snappy, easy to use, loot filters built in, inventory is a breeze, etc etc. Animations, spell and skill effects are really well done, and the audio is excellent to boot.

If I'm still playing this in a couple of weeks, I'll happily give them some money for Battle Pass/Heroes, cosmetics etc. I can see David Brevik's influence now that I've played it for several hours. It's great fun, and almost scratches the same itch that Marvel Heroes did for me back in the day.

Yesterday played about 7 hours in the morning, went league bowling in the afternoon, and then played right through until the sun came up after I got home. Surprised myself when I heard the birds singing outside. Haven't done anything like that for a VERY long time.

EDIT. Timely video drop.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
This isnt too bad esp for free

When's this alleged p2w stuff start up?
Didn't watch the above video, but once you unlock the pet gacha it becomes fairly obvious. I believe some of the skins also have stat perks- which also are pulls/ in the cash shop. I got 4 or 5 pets on my highest level character on the previous beta, and all but one were the lowest tier. In the end, it probably doesn't matter all that much but it still riles people up. The skills and links get way more interesting at 40+ Other talent trees unlock- you can theoretically start doing cast X on condition Y stuff if you actually didn't reserve all your mana like a chad. There's definitely a lot of nerding around to do with builds.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is a REALLY good game from what I've seen so far. A couple of characters fast approaching 40, guess I'm fairly close to finishing the campaign.

Nothing like DI at all, and with the changes they made to the P2W aspects before the Open Beta landed, it looks like a non-issue. According to several people who've been playing this for months already (CBeta etc.) right now you can probably buy ~30% extra power at the top end (pets etc.) if you're into fully min-maxing, but it's not required at all to play right through the end game. There's no pvp anyway.

Early days for me, but I can already see they've put a ton of work into the skills/talents/hero traits/gear systems etc. It all fits together really well, and lots to learn and experiment with.

Runs great maxed out, and the PC UI is really good. Snappy, easy to use, loot filters built in, inventory is a breeze, etc etc. Animations, spell and skill effects are really well done, and the audio is excellent to boot.

If I'm still playing this in a couple of weeks, I'll happily give them some money for Battle Pass/Heroes, cosmetics etc. I can see David Brevik's influence now that I've played it for several hours. It's great fun, and almost scratches the same itch that Marvel Heroes did for me back in the day.

Yesterday played about 7 hours in the morning, went league bowling in the afternoon, and then played right through until the sun came up after I got home. Surprised myself when I heard the birds singing outside. Haven't done anything like that for a VERY long time.

EDIT. Timely video drop.

This post is in total opposition of every single thing I’ve ever seen written about this game. I really hope you’re right!

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, and other than the mobile-esque UI elements it feels like a game. Like an actual game. I enjoy the drop rates and classes feel pretty good. Just dinged 21 so a long way to go but I like the berserker class so far.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I tried it for about 20 minutes and everything just seemed bland and devoid of context. The intro cinematic, tutorial voiceovers, and character dialogue all feel like they were written to mimic anime translations and are clearly recorded as one-off lines with no feeling of conversation to them. Then once the game started I didn't have any answers to "Who am I and what am I supposed to do?" plot-wise.

The actual gameplay and mechanics seemed fine other than the annoyingly intrusive tutorial UI. If it really gets better maybe I'll give it another shot.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got 3 hours in and did some bosses with actual mechanics that can kill you. First 30mins ya, noob mode. Kinda diggin it tbh.

Not sure any of the buyable lootbox stuff is REQUIRED tho? That's more what I'm getting at. And since it's single player with no pvp, I can't care about any small purchases advantages. Hell, I wouldn't want them if the game is more challenging and not faceroll without.

That said, I'll throw em some bucks if I make it to end game happy. The mapping system looks pretty damn good.

PS- good WOOH by Brevik when he's playing with the steam deck

Last edited:

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'll have to start it up again, but a lot of the bosses were pretty rapey as melee. Still fun, but lotta deaths from mechs while spinning to win.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
When's this trade house open up? Tryna sell some shit for more than what vendor offers (oranges).

Edit -- found it, lvl 60 unlocks the "trader" guy's AH option. Game's solid get to lvl 33ish and fight the "first uber boss" before u decide u hate it imo.

Last edited:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So I gave this another chance and am having a much better time. I'm about lvl 30 now and have a taste of all the systems, I think. The gameplay feels great. I've tried it on my phone, too, and while there's no substitute for keyboard and mouse it plays surprisingly well.

• 2Like