Torchlight: Infinite

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got into the nether stuff, and already ran face first into the brick wall of "you don't have the right keys, Mario". Well, fuck me. Guess I will just farm some xp while I wait on drops. Info thingy says you can buy keys off some trader, somewhere. But no idea where the fuck that is supposed to be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just got into the nether stuff, and already ran face first into the brick wall of "you don't have the right keys, Mario". Well, fuck me.
I'm on rank 4, you just alternate the fire/ice levels until you have keys for the steel level. Seems like you get loads of keys, more than you can use. There also bonuses like getting double progression bonus cards.

It does say there is a trader somewhere...

Argarth

On the verandah
^^ Very helpful Nirgon Nirgon , thanks.

Started on the Asia server for the lower ping, but can only understand about half the chat messages, bummer if/when they add co-op.

So, re-rolled on the US server. The ping probably doesn't matter anyway, combat feels the same for now at least.

Must have been the right move, since I got 2 Legendary pets on my first 3 pulls! :emoji_astonished:

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm not doing any pulls or passes because I have a friend (a muhfugga) who insists this is a pay to win game. After I beat whatever end game boss, I'll throw em some bux. They did a great job.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
You get yer first hit free on the gachas. lul. Is cast on crit just bugged for spells? I could swear I had it working for a bit, but it either bugged out on my dude or it just doesn't work. It's worth spending some time at the dummies to make sure the interactions work as you expect. Some of them are a bit weird. They need to clean up or actually add a DoT tag, because i suspect that is coded just weird as heck. I'm still baffled by that and affliction.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You get yer first hit free on the gachas. lul. Is cast on crit just bugged for spells? I could swear I had it working for a bit, but it either bugged out on my dude or it just doesn't work. It's worth spending some time at the dummies to make sure the interactions work as you expect. Some of them are a bit weird. They need to clean up or actually add a DoT tag, because i suspect that is coded just weird as heck. I'm still baffled by that and affliction.
I had the same issue with Cast on Crit with spells. Would be a big DPS boost if it actually worked. Maybe it's because I have Cast Curse on Hit and you can't have both? Or maybe it's melee only?

Huge issue with this game is lack of guides. It's kinda worrying as it probably means either small playerbase or poor advertising not drawing in content creators.Undecember was the same, at least this one has a wiki.

I'm lv78 so just below the free respec threshold... I may have to do some DPS tests on various skills and specs...

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Feel like I'm stuck with 2 swords or daggers cuz of the dual wield DPS buff and spiral slash being my best spammable movement skill as a caster

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got to lv80 and Lv6 endgame.

Fiddled with talents and abiltiies for a bit with the training dummy and got a big boost. I'm shredding trash but have to be careful vs bosses as I'm a glass cannon with no real defence, just teleporting and potions.

Really enjoying it, having to upgrade the endgame acts by beating 6+ zones is great. It stops you from progressing too quickly and hitting a wall where you feel like it's not optimal to turn down difficulty so you struggle (like Diablo 3) but also gives you managable objectives (unlike PoE's 100+ maps and giant talent tree). Also the random bonuses you can choose from are fun.

I unlocked some other endgame mode but not sure how to get the item to enter it, so seems like there's an endgame boss and another mode.

My build is spamming Ice Lance, a single target skill which chains twice. I have double wands which add 2 projectiles and gloves which add two jumps... so you build it for single target dps and get the aoe capability from gear. You also build frostbite stuff so the entire screen freezes which is basically your defence. On over 150k dps on stats screen but over 1m target dummy.

This build is NOT meta though, everyone seems to be going fire spells on Frostfire Jaina but mostly picking Barbarian guy.

Still can't figure out Cast on Crit, other than maybe it's melee crit only.

Argarth

On the verandah
^^ I've only tried Cast on Crit twice, with Blizzard and Thunderbolt Overload spells.

Tested on the Ranger, using pistols, proc from Ice Shot which is a projectile skill. Seemed to work fine, so maybe there are some bugs with certain skills/spells?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Cast on critical only works on attack skills so it cant proc off of spells, just figured dat out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I tried to play this.

The login options, Apple auth, Google auth, some other auth...

I actually clicked on both apple and google, to humor them, but the redirects pass through something that chrome attempts to translate from chinese to english. It's nailed by my dns ad/spam blocking.

Maybe my 'MURICA is showing, but fuck every single ounce of that.

I just want to play vidya games.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lv86. Just defeated Realm Lord on Timemark 6, got all 5 zones upgraded to Timemark 7. Beat the first Path of the Brave stage. This is the best endgame in an ARPG I've ever seen.

Went through the market and got +energy sheild and +health rare gear that cost 1 flame elementium each, massively boosting my survivability.

Also just realised that you can equip multiple passive skills and auras in the same ring ffs, I thought that secondary skills slots were only for supports but it works differently in the passive tab.

I suggest everyone gets the Mana regen and Health regen auras as they only lock about 150 mana each and are not percentage based, but are pretty powerful. The mana one just makes you never go out of mana.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
The evasion aura is also kinda OP for the flat cost. Non casters are gonna be hurting for 300 mana without enchanting +MP.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got all kinds of crazy shit going on with the build at almost 80. There's a lot more to this one than you might think.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Made a whirlwind barbarian and it's super OP, but when I got to lv60 and endgame... PROGRESS IS ACCOUT WIDE.

What the fuck, how is this game so good? Seems like nobody is playing it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Haven't been grinding much, just a few nether runs here and there. Commander is 72ish and still just walking around avoiding damage while minions rip shit up. 3rd talent tree is garbage, but finally topped off all the +minion stuff in 1 and 2. Not sure how/when 4th one opens up.