Torchlight: Infinite

Argarth

On the verandah
Just a sliver away from lvl 55 when all the other skills unlock, and in-game notice for a 1hr patch downtime pops up.
Damnit! Can I squeeze 1 more boss in, yep, another?... disconnected. I think I'm hooked.

Loving the fast-paced combat on my Ranger (hardly ever play rangers in ARPGs) and just keeps getting better as more skills/supports unlock. Gear starts to get energy stats, which allow for more skill links. Triggers/curses etc now as well. Speed bonus for charging ahead, so the faster I go, you get the drift.

Looked into the Gacha/Boons a bit more, and it appears most if not all the outfits/cosmetics are locked behind this, so won't be bothering with any of it. There was straight up gambling/loot boxes in Marvel Heroes, and I never touched it, so it won't bother me here either. Costumes could be bought as well as gambled for in MH, but not here apparently.

New Heroes are obtained through the Battle Pass, and you get them straight away, so I'll probably buy the pass just to get Thea the Oracle (think she comes F2P next season).

Only 12 minutes until the game comes back up =)
edit: spoke too soon, extended 1 hr =P

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
44 and climbing. Commander is just all kinds of hilariousness. I went all in on +minion stuff. I have no other attack spells or shit. Thankfully duration does go up a lot with gear and talents and perks and all that garbage. Even got a hot ass named weapon with all the +minion shit on it. I just walk in and try to dodge mechanics. Pets rape shit. Only time I have even died once so far is when fighting act 2 boss. I didn't see the giant "hide behind me" shield graphic for the first couple tries.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Good to see you're immersed
Yeah, having a ton of fun. Feel like there's some real depth here, and similarities to a few PoE systems, but without the tedium.

Not even close to the endgame/mapping, but really looking forward to hacking some builds together and seeing how they play out with different Hero traits. Unlimited talent re-specs until lvl 80 is great. Haven't touched the crafting yet, would be a waste of mats anyway this early. Lots to learn, which I'm really enjoying, on top of the super tight gameplay.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I’m just having fun in this, so much better than undecember which released round the same time

Argarth

On the verandah
44 and climbing. Commander is just all kinds of hilariousness. I went all in on +minion stuff. I have no other attack spells or shit. Thankfully duration does go up a lot with gear and talents and perks and all that garbage. Even got a hot ass named weapon with all the +minion shit on it. I just walk in and try to dodge mechanics. Pets rape shit. Only time I have even died once so far is when fighting act 2 boss. I didn't see the giant "hide behind me" shield graphic for the first couple tries.

I began with Commander, and didn't really gel straight away, but I didn't have the slightest clue about how to make it work properly at the start either.
Now it's all making a lot more sense, I'll have to give it another crack. Can easily see myself leveling them all now, so many things to experiment with.

And yeah, some of the named weapons look really cool, with neat procs on them. My crossbow looks like more like an over-sized pump, found a good one early on. I like how you don't get completely showered in Legendaries, (not yet anyway) so I really look forward to the next one dropping. Hope it stays like that to some degree.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I began with Commander, and didn't really gel straight away, but I didn't have the slightest clue about how to make it work properly at the start either.
Now it's all making a lot more sense, I'll have to give it another crack. Can easily see myself leveling them all now, so many things to experiment with.

And yeah, some of the named weapons look really cool, with neat procs on them. My crossbow looks like more like an over-sized pump, found a good one early on. I like how you don't get completely showered in Legendaries, (not yet anyway) so I really look forward to the next one dropping. Hope it stays like that to some degree.
I didn't have any plan going in. I just really enjoyed the engineer in previous torchlights that had a shitload of bots. It was frustrating that there weren't any that lasted to start with. But I just kept rolling along. Not a hard game by any means, but once you get the second summons and figure out how to balance when to keep them all out it's just gravy. I spend more time looking at drops and exploring the maps than anything else now. The passive summons are permanent, so that is nice too.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm played a pure damage PBAOE berzerker build and it's pretty hilarious. I love the zero-cooldown movement skill. Only lvl 35, but I can clear everything as fast as I can leap-slam through it.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm played a pure damage PBAOE berzerker build and it's pretty hilarious. I love the zero-cooldown movement skill. Only lvl 35, but I can clear everything as fast as I can leap-slam through it.
I’m still amazed leapslam has no cooldown. It’s kinda degenerate just pogoing around, but it is fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone know why you get skills as quest rewards when you can seemily buy them for free?

Feels like it used to be a system with a cost that they got rid of or a tutorial thing, but it's making me suspicious that I'm spending a resource that I missed when I buy skills.

Yeah I’m just having fun in this, so much better than undecember which released round the same time
Same, Undecember is mindless and the skills are super annoying RNG to improve.

I'm lv15 in this and dying to bosses if I don't pay attention because I went glass cannon mage and only DPS gear. Looking forward to playing with trigger skills.

Glad I gave it another chance.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
You get the trigger skills at like 45 or so, but the mana mutipliers to link the triggers are nutty. Good luck running any auras or the spirit servants. Pretty much would need to rebuild a setup completely once you know what you want to do with them. + Max mana and -seal % nodes ahoy. Blitzed to 60 on my zookie and unlocked the maps. Need to figure out some better pet scaling shenanigans. I'm very tempted to try swapping all the talents from minions to sentries and seeing how weird that is. Started up a Monkey king space wizard too. Got him to 30 and looted some nice twink legendaries for the bow/gun dude and the zerker. Good Stuff.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hm so they turned this around? Is it as time intensive as PoE? I love aRPG's but I simply don't have the playtime for most of them these days.

How is it on the Deck?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
its only as time intensive as you want it to be, single player

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hm so they turned this around? Is it as time intensive as PoE? I love aRPG's but I simply don't have the playtime for most of them these days.

How is it on the Deck?
Seems like it. I'm up to lv65 postgame in one day played and it's decent, very reminisent of PoE. Character building and customisation is great. Gameplay is satisfying (I'm just shattering everything as an ice mage). No controller support on mobile though.

Doesn't seem like much if any P2W. You can gatcha pets who can change one of your talent trees to be something better, so it's possible that some will have OP talents - but it's single player with a leaderboard so who cares?

If PoE is a 9/10, this is 7/10, Diablo Immortal is 3/10 and Undecember is 2/10.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Doesn't have a bunch of bloated boring systems you gotta learn to compete tho. Just gameplay.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Doesn't have a bunch of bloated boring systems you gotta learn to compete tho. Just gameplay.
It's great just buying the skills you want and skill links being a level/item thing, so I'm on a 5 link for main skill no problem.

They MUST have changed this late with skills you can buy for free being quest rewards, but it's fun.

I'm using the bouncy ice spell and I'm one-two shotting most enemies, chain freezing elites and bosses die quick. Curious to see if a fire build is more dps and I can just respec for free before lv80, though I will need to level up the skills a few levels.