Torrents

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm in the middle of North America(Missouri), and I use whatbox.ca, and speeds are pretty decent. I have a 50mbps cable connection, and I can usually FTP my stuff at 20+ mbps more often than not. Here is my last couple weeks of FTP(always do multi-part/8-part) traffic from whatbox.ca

rrr_img_38500.jpg

A lot of the speed depends on the time of day. The lowest speeds are in prime-time, around 9PM central, I usually get single-digit mbps, but if it's later at night or in the morning/afternoon, it's very fast. There's really only a 1-2 hour window in the evenings that speeds regularly creep down below 10mbps

Dexz

Golden Squire
Looking for a private tracker for TV shows, usually IPT serves my purpose but it's not consistent.

I use whatbox.ca for my seed and ratios have never been a problem.

Will also trade an IPT invite..

Thanks !

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Btn is great but they stopped letting us get invites with points. I think they have an irc channel you can talk to people in but I don't know it. Someone else might know it or another way. IPT is great, BTN is awesome though if you're looking for tv.

Dexz

Golden Squire
Btn is great but they stopped letting us get invites with points. I think they have an irc channel you can talk to people in but I don't know it. Someone else might know it or another way. IPT is great, BTN is awesome though if you're looking for tv.
Thanks Kedwyn, hopefully someone here has an "IN", Anyone?I can SS ratios from IPT and msg you if you don't feel comfortable without proof before handing out invites..

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thanks Kedwyn, hopefully someone here has an "IN", Anyone?I can SS ratios from IPT and msg you if you don't feel comfortable without proof before handing out invites..
Earlier in the thread I mentioned one way to get BTN invites via What.CD's torrent invite forum. IRC is probably your only other real chance, because it is virtually impossible for members to get invites anymore. I forget the specifics, but even a power user cannot feasibly meet all of the statistics needed in less than like 5 years of heavy, heavy torrenting/uploading. There is a spot for buying invites with points, but I haven't seen it actually have any for sale in a couple of years.

So it isn't a matter of having faith in you or anyone else, it is simply that we don't even have the option any more. Other than IRC, your best bet is simply to get power user somewhere like What.CD, and BTN almost always has an invite thread. With a seedbox that might not be that difficult, really.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I've been receiving HnR Warnings twice in a row for the last months on IPT. I don't have a HnR list of files and my active torrent list is as green as it gets and covers all the supposedly hit and runs. When looking at the individual files, the amount uploaded is increasing steadily. The staff is basically telling me derp if you have hit and runs that means you aren't seeding.

The fuck is going on there? Do you need to use that zapping feature (which kind of blows, given you need to actually stop seeding shit to have the option to zap anything) or fork them money on the regular now?

Df~_sl

shitlord
Not sure how their HnR script actually works... but because of it... almost all content I download now gets zapped and removed upon completion.

Working as Intended!

If you stop seeding 20+ low ratio torrents for more then 5 Days: The system flags the account and 1st warning is sent and the account is given one (1) month to correct the HnR/ seeding issues.
If you stop seeding 20+ low ratio torrents for more then 5 Days: The system flags the account and 2nd warning is sent and the account is given one (1) month to correct the HnR/ seeding issues.
If you stop seeding 20+ low ratio torrents for more then 5 Days: The system flags the account and 3rd warning is sent and the account is given one (1) month to correct the HnR/ seeding issues.
If you stop seeding 20+ low ratio torrents for more then 5 Days: The system flags the account and 4th warning is sent and the account is given one (1) month to correct the HnR/ seeding issues.
Account disabled

Note: After each warning you are immune from any further HnR warnings for one month to give you chance to correct your HnR/ seeding issues. This does not mean you will not see HnR's on your required seeding list though, it just means that you will not receive a HnR warning for them until the month has past.

Tip: If you know, for any reason that you will not be able to seed your torrents for more than 120hrs and you have over 19 of them with a ratio below 1.00 you should either...

1. Reduce the number of low ratio torrents you have to 19 or below to avoid receiving a HnR warnings.
2. Park your account (see #11)
3. Zap your low ratio torrents and reload them back onto your client (see #12)
The problem being that #3 will just waste your Zap and give you another HnR....

Also, their script does not properly work when Zapping completed torrents... removing from client then readding to client... At least the limited testing I have done... might be some issue with when the client reports torrent stats... dunno...

Zap and Remove solves all those problems... along with seeding as many tiny torrents as you want (I think we should make a Rerolled list of IPT tiny size torrents we can all share to get points easy) Not sure what exactly we would need to get that setup easily though...

Also... I will probably donate to clear my Account Warnings if I ever get another one...

spronk

FPS noob
I've been receiving HnR Warnings twice in a row for the last months on IPT. I don't have a HnR list of files and my active torrent list is as green as it gets and covers all the supposedly hit and runs.
check your torrent client to make sure you don't have any limits on uploads or open files. Basically an HnR on IPT is whenever a file stops getting seeded (torrent clients report this when they stop for automatic reasons) and you have uploaded less than downloaded on that torrent. So if your torrent client is set to limit to 20 torrents at a time (up or down) or is set to stop seeding when it reaches 1:1, it may constantly be stopping and starting certain torrents on its own at night, which would be triggering the HnRs.

Just go through every page of the options, and make sure max number of cnx, max cnx per torrent, max upload slots, max active uploads, max active torrents, etc are all set to really high numbers, and then share ratio limits are off.

Tual

Molten Core Raider
Looking for an invite to BitMe.org or DocsPedia or anything which has medical books. I'm looking for Dermatology books specifically.
Only have IPTorrents invite to offer in return though...
Thanks

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Gotta say since getting a seedbox (a month ago or so?), life is much nicer now.

IPT doing great, 500GB uploaded with 70 or so current seeds and a ratio of 8, over 1000 pts sitting there. Thanks again for the torrentleech invite, it took a while to get to the point where I could get fresh torrents, but once that happened it's an amazing source for TV and movies, way better than IPT, which tends to slack on a lot of shows. Slower without as many users, but once I stopped cross-seeding and got my buffer up, no issue whatsoever, looks like on average I'm getting a ratio of 3-4 on them.

If anyone does have good books trackers, would love an invite. If Spronk needs for classes give to him first, no doubt. I don't have IPT invite to trade yet as I think it takes 90 days on new accounts anyways.

Df~_sl

shitlord
No, zap still counts towards your upload/download ratio... but doesnt count for Hit and Runs or seeding requirement.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Wait, don't you still need to seed to at least 1:1 even if you zap?
No, that's the point of zapping. Gotta look at your ratio and decide if it's worth 50pts or the difference in size. This is why many suggest seeding a ton of small 0-10MB mags and mobile apps to get your points up. 1MB zap won't hurt your ratio much, and you can then use your 50 points to get rid of a 10GB leech if you want.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wait, don't you still need to seed to at least 1:1 even if you zap?
No, that's the point of zapping. If you reach 1:1 you can do whatever you want with the torrent, turn it off for 6 months, turn it back on, whatever. Zapping is only for those that are not 1:1 and you want to delete from your client, period. If you zap it and then re-seed it, it will show up as a valid torrent again, and then you'll get a HnR all over again if you stop seeding before 1:1.

Their "suggestion" of zapping it and then re-loading it is only if you know you aren't going to be able to seed it for an extended period of time, but for some stupid fucking reason want to seed it again once you come back from your time off and spent the points to zap it.

Just use this simple rule: If you zap a torrent, make sure it is deleted from your client first. If you are going to zap something, you should never be seeing it in your client again, ever, regardless of their suggestions or what anyone else tells you.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
So, any reason to take a Whatbox US plan over an NL plan? NL looks better in everyway IMO.

edit: other than speed.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have no plans to switch from the NL I've been using the last year or so. Same price as the US, more storage and more traffic allowance. I can easily max out my 50mbps connection even from the US during non-peak times.(anytime outside of 8-10pm)