Torrents

Disp_sl

shitlord
Whoever invited me got a hell of a deal.
Doesn't impact you if you invite a good seeder, just hurts you if you invite a bad one. I'm surprised some of you are still dishing out the IPT invites. A few years ago I invited someone from FoH who had some hack that doctored his ratio, and I got a warning for inviting him. Haven't invited anyone other than people I really know since, because it's not worth fucking my account for some random person I don't know.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My IPT invites are usually good.

My TL invites have almost all been disasters so far. People just can't handle that site and it is easy if you have a seedbox. They all show me their seedbox and then they do jack shit to actually seed....

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I personally fucked up one of your TL invites a_skeleton_03. I even have a seedbox with an insane ratio on IPT but I couldn't get jack for ratio quick enough on TL. I downloaded like 1 TV show, and NOBODY was downloading it over the next day or two, my ratio was still at basically zero, so I panicked and tried to find something else to download and seed real quick just to gain ratio, and that failed as well. I couldn't get back up above the needed ratio before the deadline and I got my account deactivated. All this using a whatbox seedbox. Ratio there is brutal to gain compared to IPT.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You HAVE to cross seed to start on TL, I stated that when I offered the invites
biggrin.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You have to cross seed from another site, basically. Which is a tad hypocritical because a strict ratio site is supposed to foster an enclosed community of people that all contribute. But you need to essentially leech off a more lax site to keep your ratio afloat.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You can go solo on TL but you need to be doing that during Breaking Bad finale timeframe or something else equally popular and you have to jump on those releases IMMEDIATELY.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It is definitely easier to cross-seed at TL, but you can still do just fine if you pay attention early on before your ratio gets fucked. I grabbed the very first 1080p bluray rip of Into Darkness (11GB), and have seeded back 110GB. I probably could have done even more with the 720p version. I've done the same thing with multiple other torrents, although none as dramatic as that one. You just have to get an idea for when certain blockbuster movies are going to get ripped from bluray. TV shows are fairly difficult because a big episode like Breaking Bad is going to have thousands of seeders within the first 10 minutes, but a movie usually takes a few hours or more before it really gets rolling, and typically getting in sometime on the first day is at least guaranteed to get you to 1:1 (with a seedbox obviously), if not substantially better.

Getting the first decent cam version of something extremely popular is also pretty useful.

Still, cross-seeding is so retardedly easy that people should be doing it if they can't check the sites often enough.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
My IPT invites are usually good.

My TL invites have almost all been disasters so far. People just can't handle that site and it is easy if you have a seedbox. They all show me their seedbox and then they do jack shit to actually seed....
Woah fuck you too bro!

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone know how to automatically download and seed on a seedbox? Through some RSS function?

I saw someone earlier saying they do that. I'd like to know how.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone know how to automatically download and seed on a seedbox? Through some RSS function?

I saw someone earlier saying they do that. I'd like to know how.
Well, the torrent site has to have an RSS feed to start with, obviously. The only one I use is the one that BTN has, and you can configure it however you want pretty much from within BTN. Essentially there is a big list of shows you want it to notify you of, which you can add to or subtract from any time you want. You can also specify things like resolution (I use 720p there), file type (mkv for me), release type (scene), etc. On the page with all of those options is a link to your customized RSS feed. You copy that, then go to your seedbox and, assuming you are using rutorrent, go to the RSS manager and simply paste it into a new feed, tell it to auto-start downloads, tell it which directory to download to, customize if you want a particular ratio group or upload speed group assigned to it, etc. The only tricky part is the filter, which has some incredibly complicated (for me anyway) syntax, but all you need to know if you set up the feed properly is that the following code means "all, regardless of upper/lower case":
Now, other sites simply have an all-encompassing RSS feed where every single torrent that gets uploaded goes through the feed. Obviously you don't want every one of them auto-downloading, so that's where you have to figure out that fucking filter so it will only do the ones you want. Honestly, that's beyond me, but Google will help a lot. I do know that it is incredibly powerful and you can have it do most of the sorting I mentioned above, but I'll leave that to you because fortunately BTN does all that shit for me.

So, pretty much find out if they have a feed, then find out how much you can customize it from within the site itself, copy it into your seedbox, and then filter it further if needed. That's basically it, minus some details I mentioned above.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
You can go solo on TL but you need to be doing that during Breaking Bad finale timeframe or something else equally popular and you have to jump on those releases IMMEDIATELY.
I. Have a good ratio on TL I just don't use it that often. IPT faster and easier to get ratio still, if u have seedbox. I do use it for some weekly shows that opt sucks for though. I should take te time to cross-seed more, though. All the Mainstream stuff is on both. TL does have an amazing amount of shows you won't find in IPT, though.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Out of curiosity I looked at the ratios of the people I sent invites to (on iptorrents) and half of them are less than 0.5. I've never received any word one way or the other that I should be concerned about their ratios. Should I be?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always farm my best ratio by hosting entire Season packs of older TV shows. Mythbusters and Top Gear (UK) are my bread and butter! I've probably uploaded a TB or more of that shit alone.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cant remember who gave my invite (Homsar?), but my ratio is 2.7 or more with a few TB of uploads. No seedbox, just my trusty 100MB Fiber connection and seeds left on overnight.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a PirateTheNet, BTN, or x264.me invite available - I have can trade a Torrentleech (2) or IPT (3) invite (although I'm sure you'd already have that if you have what I'm looking for). I can provide proof of seedbox, ratios, and uploads.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone have a PirateTheNet, BTN, or x264.me invite available
BTN invites are closed for normal users, and have been for quite some time.

By far, the easiest way in is through the Power User forums of other trackers your already a part of. You'd be invited by a mod or admin, or otherwise someone with special invite rights at BTN. Check for them on the sites your already a member of. It's worth it.