Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The latest major update for the Steel Faith Overhaul mod, including the last DLC plus a bunch of other stuff, was released today. It took them ~300 hours of work, for this update alone.

Here is a video on the major changes, if anyone else cares:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Are there any SFO Grimhammer campaign with this new update up on YouTube yet ?
I am just finding the old ones.

Burns

Are there any SFO Grimhammer campaign with this new update up on YouTube yet ?
I am just finding the old ones.

I think they usually do some livestream stuff in the weeks after a release, but watching game streams is not my thing, so don't much pay attention to it. There is a news channel in the discord, where they would link streams of the mod. You may, also, be able to ask in one of the various SFO: Grimhammer II channels, directly, for links to videos.

I think this is the right discord link: Join the SFO Public Group Discord Server!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
unknown.png

General Antony General Antony
track for the coach

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The coach is a full on woke SJW faggot dude. Was seriously trying to get me to donate to some communist BLM group. I blocked his number, his own family won't even talk to him.

I'd rather put a bullet in his head than tolerate that shit.

I'm the only one I know that can wrassle that one.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Make sure that everyone on the P99 forums knows what has become of that idiot.

Red is dead and no one on the pve server knows of him. Will tell chuck, gyno and snufz.

Edit: some very surprised he turned into a bug brain

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm playing my first ever game, took Reikland, and I'm fucking amazed at how bad the 'good guys' are doing. First off Mannfred and Vlad ran wild on the eastern end of the Empire before I realized what was happening and pretty much my entire early game was dedicated to cleaning that mess up. Then Clan Moulder (maybe with Beastmen help?) smashed Kislev so I started pushing up there, let Moulder have peace and they tanked most of the chaos waves for me. Now I look over at Ulthuan and Naggarond has conquered about half of it, which probably doesn't matter but is still pretty funny cause I heard that Tyrion pretty much always dominates.

Unfortunately I didn't realize that Marienburg is outside of the fealty system so I'll have to convince a bunch of people to drop their alliance with them before I can get a victory since I didn't jump on them early.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
So I'm playing my first ever game, took Reikland, and I'm fucking amazed at how bad the 'good guys' are doing. First off Mannfred and Vlad ran wild on the eastern end of the Empire before I realized what was happening and pretty much my entire early game was dedicated to cleaning that mess up. Then Clan Moulder (maybe with Beastmen help?) smashed Kislev so I started pushing up there, let Moulder have peace and they tanked most of the chaos waves for me. Now I look over at Ulthuan and Naggarond has conquered about half of it, which probably doesn't matter but is still pretty funny cause I heard that Tyrion pretty much always dominates.

Unfortunately I didn't realize that Marienburg is outside of the fealty system so I'll have to convince a bunch of people to drop their alliance with them before I can get a victory since I didn't jump on them early.

Recent changes to the AI has made the good guys not nearly as good as they used to be. I noticed just how bad Ulthuan gets their ass kicked when I don't play Tyrion in the last game I played

Burns

Some mods try to fix any imbalances with faction AI, if one consistently dominates the other(s), but CA will change it themselves every patch (but usually don't fix anything like that between major patches).

For Steel Faith Overhaul mod play throughs:

In my Eltherion (High Elf) game, on the Vortex map, both Eataine (white High Elfs) and Avelorne (green High Elfs) were dominating Ulthuan, while I was off in Southland fighting Orks (I even disable all confederating, with mods, to slow down the Elves, in particular).

Although, in my Grom The Paunch (Ork) game, on Mortal Empires, both Sylvania (Vamp Counts) and Von Carstein had almost all of the Empire conquered by turn 90, when I quit (I dont much like Ork play style, even though it is much better now). I think this is probably my fault, for having confederations disabled, as Empire is most reliant on it and I have seen them snowball pretty hard from it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dunno how I'm gonna win this game. Guess just hope that the giant blob of good alliances eventually goes to war with the evil alliances so i can exploit the 'join the war' option to circumvent Marienburg's allies.

Burns

If you have nowhere to expand to, send an army(s) out hunting sea battles to make the 20,000 from skull islands and 8,000 from shipwrecks, not to mention the xp for the army. Use the money as gifts to (maybe) break alliances/start wars*, or just wait, while building up your lands and army, until other wars break out against Marienburg. Norsican Tribes love to attack the whole area, and will eventually declare war on them.

*(I dont know how well the bribes will work, as I dont like to use gold on gifts, unless it gets me a trade pact)

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well turned out they declared war on some rogue army that let me join the war against them, then shortly after that Eshin and Naggarond went to war with the good team anyway. So I should be set for a short victory here soon, assuming Karaz-a-Karak don't get their shit pushed in by Eshin.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
You just need to get over "good" and "evil" and play like every faction that's not yours is a potential enemy. Unless you're trying to get every allied Legendary Lord just conquest everyone. Hell, half the time the trait for defeating an "ally" lord is better than having the lord anyway when you can't build the units that support his play style.

I think one of the reasons "good" sometimes feels weak is because if/when they consolidate they can steamroll quickly. They have to play somewhat weak individually so they can't win too much by themselves and then have one confederation create an unstoppable beast.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I was just going for a short victory for my first time through and pissing off any major order factions would have delayed that by a lot. I was preparing to push into Ulthuan but then the dwarves finally got off their ass and took black crag/eight peaks so all I had to do was romp through the wood elves to get my first campaign win.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Recent changes to the AI has made the good guys not nearly as good as they used to be. I noticed just how bad Ulthuan gets their ass kicked when I don't play Tyrion in the last game I played

Naggarond is crazy.

If you can use underway and back door the AI (or anyone), you can kick the legs out from under a faction bigly. Plenty of 1200+ gold soft underbelly targets if you hop through the mountains. Did this to Empire and Dorfs as Skaven while they were busy with Grimgor.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Well, when you play them, the High Elves are really strong. Nothing beats those heroes traits man, 2 Administrators and you are set for life. Not to mention Genius, Fecund, and Entrepreneur. The last one is cheesy actually, it pops up all the time on mages. 4 + Entrepreneur mages on Tyrions starting province and you are swimming in money. And you can get Maidens with Healer trait + replenish skills.

I thought Vampire Coast was brokenly powerful with the Office cheese (research lord recruitement + 5 levels, recruit lord, assign to office, disband, still get the bonuses), but the High Elves are the best, I dont think I can play anything else after this. Maybe Wood Elves ”no attrition if you are broke” mechanic is more broken, but that will get patched.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Skryre short campaign complete. Definitely got off to a rough start having never played Skaven before but I managed to get on my feet, then about halfway through Mors offered confederation after themselves having already confederated Eshin and I just went with AR spam to finish the campaign.

probably do TKs next.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Saturday =
some on point mortis engine micro on display, makes me want to be a better man

Last edited: