Total War: Warhammer

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
unknown.png

Going for a very hard difficulty Nagash next

Last edited:

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Not Warhammer but total war related: total war Troy just released with a MSRP of $50 but is free today only on Epic game store / launcher thing.

Meester

Trakanon Raider

Wood Elves versus Skaven.

Throt the Unclean versus the Sisters of Twilight.
Ariel is a LH [legendary hero] like Kroak. Ghoritch is the same for Moulder.

FLC will be Drycha [with Coeddil] and the Skaven Chieftan. Total War Access unit is Glade Captain.

It will be released on the 3rd December. Save money by pre-order.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Skaven are the only race I have not played. I never liked them, really, and whenever I'm on the campaign start menu and consider going Skaven for once, I end up starting Lizardmen instead.

I'm looking forward to the Wood Elf rework though, I love that race. Their progression being tied into either conquest with paper outposts, or a huge focus on diplomacy never worked out for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Skaven are the only race I have not played. I never liked them, really, and whenever I'm on the campaign start menu and consider going Skaven for once, I end up starting Lizardmen instead.

I'm looking forward to the Wood Elf rework though, I love that race. Their progression being tied into either conquest with paper outposts, or a huge focus on diplomacy never worked out for me.
If you have Prophet and Warlock, give Ikit's campaign a go. Most fun I've had playing this game.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I have trouble playing them too, but Ikit is stupid amounts of fun. The destructive fun is off the charts.

• 1Solidarity

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
According to the one youtuber I follow that plays this game the update is a nerf to WE and makes them much more difficult especially on higher difficulties.

• 1Worf

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
In battles or campaign? Because I think they were broken (OP) when it came to campaign stuff.

He said overall they are weaker in all aspects. They get some cool mechanics and lose annoying amber shit but overall its a nerf.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I’m starting to get really annoyed at the melee disadvantage of this game on legendary. Between that and how much Calvary suck in siege battles makes really makes for going heavy range a must and anything else pretty gimped. I hope they address it in WH3.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
He said overall they are weaker in all aspects. They get some cool mechanics and lose annoying amber shit but overall its a nerf.
Just watched his analysis, and he kept pointing out that it's mostly an issue for the high difficulties, so one can dodge that bullet by going down a difficulty level at least. He did say they are more fun to play, so at least that's a win. Punting amber into a side mechanic instead of revolving the entire race around it probably does wonders for the fun factor.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Just watched his analysis, and he kept pointing out that it's mostly an issue for the high difficulties, so one can dodge that bullet by going down a difficulty level at least. He did say they are more fun to play, so at least that's a win. Punting amber into a side mechanic instead of revolving the entire race around it probably does wonders for the fun factor.

Yeah i agree... I hated the amber mechanic

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’m starting to get really annoyed at the melee disadvantage of this game on legendary. Between that and how much Calvary suck in siege battles makes really makes for going heavy range a must and anything else pretty gimped. I hope they address it in WH3.

Siege? What siege?

Unless forced by a quest, I auto resolve all offensive sieges on Very Hard+. Which also means I am usually stuck in the siege for, at least, a few turns after attrition sets in (on anything close, battle wise).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there a GotY edition of this any time this millennia?
No and unlikely to be until all 3 games and all DLCs are done, they didn't do one for War1 and that was years ago. You just buy the DLCs you want to play when they're on sale, don't have to buy everything at once there's so much to go through anyway it's a waste. That said that's probably what I'll do when I get motivated to play this again.

• 2Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
And the DLCs are usually 10 bucksish.. and there are plenty of 'freeLCs' as well.

• 2Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Siege? What siege?

Unless forced by a quest, I auto resolve all offensive sieges on Very Hard+. Which also means I am usually stuck in the siege for, at least, a few turns after attrition sets in (on anything close, battle wise).
I think we play the game very differently. What quests require require siege battles? The only time I’ve ever not attacked a walled settlement on the same turn I laid siege in WH2 is if it’s a faction that doesn’t start with a siege attacker unit like Ghorst or the white dwarf. Waiting for siege attrition for an easy auto resolve seems crazy to me.

• 1Like