Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Well one of the major differences between Vortex and ME is the start position of Moulder. In ME they start in the Hellpit way over north of Kislev but in Vortex they were crammed into Naggaroth with Rictus so as soon as they got done giving Malekith and Alith Anar swirlies they turned towards me.

True enough. Just finished a Scryer Vortex campaign where Rictus went balls deep on the DE's and had most of Naggaroth conquered by the time I consolidated Lustria. Was quite a the suprise compared to how he normally does in Mortal Empires.

For your current situation, you could just turtle and wait out the growth for the tree and then just do the final battle. If you want to go on the offensive, I'd recommend going with a Treeman stack and just loot/sack your way to their Tier 5 settlements and blow them up. They can ruin dwell but it will cut their recruitment down to just skavenslave and clanrat trash, which is much easier to handle than weapons team stacks.

Treeman stack wouldn't be vulnerable to ambushes and you can have some waystalkers or glade captains to scout ahead and also scout around your Hearthland so you can see their armies coming. You could also occasionally capture a settlement if you need the replenishment and then just abandon it or setup an ambush to bait the armies nearby to you, since the garrison will be damaged and weak.

Keep the Sisters back to cover defense and you could even set a Ambush bait trap with a level 1 lord sitting around to bait them in with the Sisters in ambush next to it.

Also, if you can, try and have a port and send out a hero to try and get some trade going with some of the other factions. If you can get some decent relations, you may even be able to get them to join in your war, since some of the Order factions like HE and Lizardmen won't like a large skaven faction like that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure the High Elves are fighting amongst themselves (Alarielle has the SoK) and the only Lizardmen faction close enough to tangle with Rictus hates me and randomly declared on me a while back (we made peace without ever fighting but we dont like each other).

I have way over 100% ambush chance so I'm pretty sure I can just turtle up in my heaths and pick them apart as they come in, at least long enough to top off my health and finish the game.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I have a problem.

I own TW: Warhammer 1, TW:Warhammer 2, and all but maybe 3 or 4 WH2 DLC.

I have never so much as launched the game.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I have a problem.

I have at least launched the game but have never played more than maybe 30mins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider

From what some of the Total War influencer-types have said, this might be the first teaser for Warhammer 3. No real info in the teaser, but people who have checked the lore have pointed out that the constellation mentioned in the trailer is one that's supposed to be ascendant in April--possibly when we'll see the actual reveal.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reddit has a decent post that explains what is "likely" to go on. One new teaser trailer every week for the 8 winds of magic, which then somewhat coincide with the teaser they did in the last website update with the Chaos emblem and the 321 filename(march 21st), being 2 days prior. Was also confirmed it is TW3 teasers from partners and stuff yeah. They wouldn't tease a DLC like this anyway, would make little sense when they've never done it. I'm guessing Q3-4 2021 release or so. Probably nothing much to look forward to until late march though.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
That's no lie. I've got ~130 hours in the game and have multiple factions I haven't even touched yet, to say nothing of trying different LLs within factions I've already played before.
I have almost 1000 hours and i haven't touched a bunch of the factions due to not liking their play style.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dabble with a few you like for the opening mini lore, click through the mechanic stuff, see if you like where they start, battle around.

Which campaign you play them in can make it very different if they're in both vortex and ME.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think Hexoatl ME is gonna be my next campaign. Was between Mazdamundi and Kroq-Gar and I think Maz will be more fun.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I have a problem.

I judged the Shit out of you at first and then I remember I payed for a Eve subscription for like two years to train a pilot I never touched again.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider

There were two teasers today, but I'm just grabbing the last one. The first three teasers were showing four constellations associated with war, trickery, hedonism, and death (so, the Chaos gods), with this last one showing the constellation associated with the bear god. I'd expected for a while that WH3 would get Kislev as a fleshed-out faction--so that the game has at least one basically good-aligned faction--and it looks like that's now confirmed. Also sounds like we're getting the actual reveal tomorrow.

Time for the Winged Hussars to arrive.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah kinda needed Kislev for the expansion, made sense for them to do it after what they did with Pirates too.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
all this speculation is stupid. We all know it's gonna be another skaven dlc

• 1Worf

Meester

Trakanon Raider
hzp47yz0l1f61.jpg

Possible leaked artwork, looks a little like a loading screen.

• 1Weird Boner