Total War: Warhammer

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Awesome news, I was not expecting a 2021 release for this. Bear cavalry is go.

I hope to shovel them money for DLCs for years to come. This game is one of my all time favorites. In no small way due to tabletop nostalgia, but the reason doesn't matter. Sure I can nitpick some lore shit, or some mechanics, LLs or campaigns. But for such a huge undertaking, minor flaws can be forgiven. So far they've done an outstanding job when it comes to combining their franchise with Warhammer Fantasy.

I'm pretty happy they clearly said they stick to the prime Warhammer Fantasy era, too. None of that End Times shit.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Between WH 1 and WH 2, I have about 400 hours in and I still suck. I just don't think these games are for me. I spent 14 years of my childhood painting and playing WH with a big group and I love the brand to death, but in those 400 hours od total war I only have one winning campaign.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Between WH 1 and WH 2, I have about 400 hours in and I still suck. I just don't think these games are for me. I spent 14 years of my childhood painting and playing WH with a big group and I love the brand to death, but in those 400 hours od total war I only have one winning campaign.
1612499227871.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It definitely isnt an instant gratification game, and youre going to get t-boned by other factions and lose sometimes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

There are tips and tricks guides on steam and Reddit, or even Youtube that can help you out. Depending on where you struggle, you don't have to read the whole thing.

A few pages back there was a good guide on how to use square offset battle formations to maximize flanking. If you can flank a unit with a ranged unit, it will usually route in short order.

Also be aware that guns do reduced damage if there is a unit between the gunners and their target (gunners with a clear shot are brutal). Micro manage artillery to soften up as many units as you can, as they are inbound (take them down to 70% strength and move on, or keep re-targeting the biggest clumps after every volley).

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
From the announcement there will be 6 playable factions, each of the Chaos ones + Kislev and Canthay on the "good guys" side. There will also be a preorder faction that'll be released at the same time(can get the preorder bonus up to 1 week AFTER launch, so you can wait to see people's impressions instead of relying on press/influencers reviews and still get it for "free"). That faction is likely to be either Chaos Dwarves or Ogre Kingdoms.

Not sure what you mean about coming up with crazy stuff, they already have all the units and stuff, Chaos was one
I don't think Chaos is going to be 4 separate primary factions/races. More likely they'll be a single faction still with 4 subfactions, each with a LL with unique mechanics like all the recent DLCs have had. Still gives them ability to confederate into Chaos Undivided.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I don't think Chaos is going to be 4 separate primary factions/races. More likely they'll be a single faction still with 4 subfactions, each with a LL with unique mechanics like all the recent DLCs have had. Still gives them ability to confederate into Chaos Undivided.

Consensus is they are going to be 4 seperate factions

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Weird. That coming from someone at CA?

Well they are saying six playable races with release.. and they have shown 4 chaos, kislev and cathay.... but no, nothing official from CA at this time outside of the trailer

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
While there's gonna be overlap in units due to the nature of the faction, I think they'll do them separate. There might be a campaign where you unite them(might be the main campaign theme for example) but I'm not sure they'd just release as one faction. Could be though if there's enough variety in units and restrictions(similar to Wood Elves but more developped). They do say on the FAQ there's a "wider selection of individual races than any previous Total Warhammer", which would imply there's more than 4 races, and even counting the DLC release race, that'd be 4 if they had Chaos as a single faction, so I believe they'll be split.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Fair enough. Guess there's nothing stopping them from just giving the Chaos factions a unique confederation mechanic whether it's in the TWW3 campaign or whatever the grand sandbox campaign ends up being called.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Is there a point to doing these rituals of Rebirth for Drycha outside of trying to do 8 for the long campaign win and the one at Athel Loren for the short victory?

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Is there a point to doing these rituals of Rebirth for Drycha outside of trying to do 8 for the long campaign win and the one at Athel Loren for the short victory?

I believe that doing a ritual gives a factionwide bonus, specific to each tree, plus it also unlocks the special tech building for that tree as well.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This just completely fucked up my legendary campaign

1614203876921.png

Got Durthu confederated, saved and logged. Load it today, quest is done, no Durthu.

Would gladly use hack on game/my save at this point. So fucking god damned stupid.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 337529

Got Durthu confederated, saved and logged. Load it today, quest is done, no Durthu.

Would gladly use hack on game/my save at this point. So fucking god damned stupid.

Check to see if you have the temporary confederation penalty. If so, wait it out then start dropping some cash gifts to Durthu.

Get your strength ranking greater than his and give gifts to get your reputation with him over 90 or so and he should be willing to confederate. Was how I was able to do it on my Sisters campaign.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm sure I can get it back the old fashioned way but I took a sizable detour from coeddil line to kill off a clan angrund army to get my third dwarf kill necessary. It's already on legendary and grimgor is pretty out of control. Really shitty.

He's strength ranking 8 too. Not happening as Drycha as far as getting mine over his.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 337529

You can fix it with mods. There are diplomacy cheat mods that let you confederate by paying a little gold. First though, go find your save game (in c:\users\[user name here]\%AppData%\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer 2\save_games) and make a back-up, so you can restore it, if you break the game somehow (such as leaving the mod active and it messing up AI players).

There are a couple diplomat and confederacy mods out there, and I don't know whats up to date. Install it, make the deal, save, quit, disable, load save (it will give an incompatible message, but load anyway). I think you can also just use the continue campaign to auto load the newest save and not see the message about missing mods.

The out of date ones often work, but every patch is different, in what mods break. If your game somehow bugs out, delete the new save and copy the back-up save over, to try again.

Edit: You can test the mods on old save games from other runs you have done (or just start a new game real quick), so you see whats working, if needed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like