Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I managed to win it all back the old fashioned way. Think I'm gonna win this one.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I fuckin pulled it off. Legendary Lordage here I come.

1614318319834.png

1614318304688.png

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Legendary 101: force a save by ending the turn, then quit out before anything happens that would cause another save. You'll load back in where you left off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
No idea what causes saves or not tbh. Ending a turn and starting a combat engagement?

When I come back to this, I wanna do legendary Archaon.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1615267219026.png

#BeLessWhite

Forgot I needed to do a very hard+ vortex, and a dark elf vhard+ so..

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
No idea what causes saves or not tbh. Ending a turn and starting a combat engagement?

When I come back to this, I wanna do legendary Archaon.
Starting a turn, ending a turn, engaging or being engaged by an enemy (not necessarily starting the battle, reaching the "fight, autoresolve, surround" etc. screen is what will force the save). Similarly, disengaging, whether post battle or just backing off from a siege or something will also force a save. Because of this, you can test autoresolve on legendary and just alt f4 and reload if you don't like the results. Can't think of any other triggers off the top of my head but there might be some.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just as I start finishing DE campaign too. They better be teasing beastmen changes with that. The whole "only 19 people play them", gee I wonder why.

I heard rave reviews about this name of power with shades 7+. Bout to roll it out and see what kinda raidins I can do along Khemri.

1615950646876.png

1615950727731.png

Love this pissed off sombitch.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
unknown-474.png

Literally deletes units, even ones with shields. The stegodon was the only thing to really hold up, when Defenders of the Great Plan spawned and took some Naggaroth pal camps.

Some things they gotta fix in 3:

Siege AI - it's gotta know when it's getting fucked by range fire outside and make the charge out of the gates. There does seem to be some kind of brief decision making when they come under fire from outside the walls, but could use a bit more. I have gotten them to come out but only a unit or two. So it's almost there.

Shit stacks - AI as your ally loves to just leave shit stacks around instead of ramming them down the throat of your enemy. I checked and Malekith had like 15 campaign talents and a 19/20 of dreadspears at turn 100 wtf. Then if you're against the AI, it will make these piles of single lord armies. Needs an adjustment there I think? The AI when it isn't your ally is sneaky as hell with fog of war stuff and ruthlessly sends almost all their shit your way.

Military alliance to target ruins - really annoying and perhaps intended. Can't direct military allies to go after a ruin that is obviously a skaven city. Especially annoying when it's channeling a ritual. I'm sure the correct way to deal with this is spend 1k+ or whatever gold with a hero to reveal the Skavens there, but a human controlled ally you could just be like "Yo that thing with the energy beam coming out of it".

Other annoyances, probably intended

Allies spreading corruption - Hello Morathi, your 77% chaos corruption I can't keep down even with +12 untainted is really something. Guess it's intended and careful who you're friends with and bordering. Cool but rustled me cuz it's forcing me to keep a lord there for public order reasons.

1616530514677.png

High difficulty AI never going down - god is it annoying trying to keep my boot down on Khemri as DE. The uninhabitable climate of the desert means any "even" fight I win is gonna send me back to heal at Ulthuan or at sea with a black ark. No matter how hard I hit them while breaking into their territory, they always seem to be able to send a doomstack thru the sea fog at Lothern. I have 20 more turns of ritual to complete, this cat and mouse has become a crazy charade lol. This is without them turning on the sandstorm ritual, which I abused heavily against Skaven invaders playing as Arkhan. Tomb Kings also don't care about any climate I think? Maybe I'm wrong, and fuck that's op if they are.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I decided to buy WH2 (finally, I know). Do I need to reinstall WH1 to play Mortal Empires mode, or no? Im thinking yes, cause it uses assets - but my 2 TB is already on 78% so im just being picky/cautious.

edit : nm the question - I found the answer. Just have WH 2 installed with the DLC and only own WH1.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I decided to buy WH2 (finally, I know). Do I need to reinstall WH1 to play Mortal Empires mode, or no? Im thinking yes, cause it uses assets - but my 2 TB is already on 78% so im just being picky/cautious.

edit : nm the question - I found the answer. Just have WH 2 installed with the DLC and only own WH1.
Correct, as long as WH1 shows up in your Steam library, you're in the clear. No need to actually install it.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Welcome... I hope you are willing to understand that you will blink while playing this game and suddenly 8 hours have passed...

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Welcome... I hope you are willing to understand that you will blink while playing this game and suddenly 8 hours have passed...

No joke. I picked this up a couple weeks ago and I'm already at nearly 200 hours played. I haven't gone to bed at 3am this much since my youthful days of EQ. I'm too old for this shit, but I can't stop.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

I keep hammering my head against certain races in campaign mode. I find out one thing that I can do early, then 15 turns later.. I'm either starting my armies from scratch or starting over. Love the game, but the learning curve is a tall boi.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Cinematic trailer got put up early. The gameplay trailer is still coming tomorrow.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

New (Tower) Defense Tactical Map mode (8 min video):

Short developer commentary Promo (6:45 min video):