Total War: Warhammer

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
1645200829827.jpeg

Thought some of you might find this useful. I have a 3090 that runs it pretty well but it turn my entire computer room into a fucking oven so I’m going to tweak to setting a bit so I’m not sweating like a Chinese kid assembling iPhones.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

office space o face GIF

Yeah this would make me go to Slaneesh's realm.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So, I waited for an incoming army to cut them off and kill them for about 1 minute 30 seconds. Wiped them out.

When I went to attack the small settlement, this is what I found (tons of towers that fling lethal shit at me)

1645206785019.png

1645206868243.png

Seems a tad excessive? Enough towers to wipe out 3 full stacks of starter units? Makes no sense to me. This is a small settlement that was only being defended by a single lvl 1 lord and a minor garrison.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, I waited for an incoming army to cut them off and kill them for about 1 minute 30 seconds. Wiped them out.

When I went to attack the small settlement, this is what I found (red dots are towers that fling tons of shit at me)

View attachment 399099

View attachment 399100

Seems a tad excessive? Enough towers to wipe out 3 full stacks of starter units? Makes no sense to me. This is a small settlement that was only being defended by a single lvl 1 lord and a minor garrison.

Seems excessive, yea, but it may make cavalry/fast units much more important for attacks on these sieges (to move through the kill zone and cap the point).

There may be something with "move reinforcements" that is allowing such buildings, right off the start. The Chaos Undivided LL has a ability to buff that, but haven't looked up what it actually does. I have only done one settlement battle defense because I mostly auto resolving everything.

I haven't got too far into the game yet, as my second Chaos attempt was overwhelmed by Kislev marching on my capitol while empire and elves were going after my minor settlements (around turn 45).

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't got too far into the game yet, as my second Chaos attempt was overwhelmed by Kislev marching on my capitol while empire and elves were going after my minor settlements (around turn 45).
Brand new game, same old Ordertide

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems excessive, yea, but it may make cavalry/fast units much more important for attacks on these sieges (to move through the kill zone and cap the point).

There may be something with "move reinforcements" that is allowing such buildings, right off the start. The Chaos Undivided LL has a ability to buff that, but haven't looked up what it actually does. I have only done one settlement battle defense because I mostly auto resolving everything.

You'd be doing much, much better if you fought battles instead of auto-resolving them.

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You'd be doing much, much better if you fought battles instead of auto-resolving them.

It takes too long and I find that part of the game the least interesting, but yeah, with the tactic I was trying to use, I would do better playing the battles out. I wasn't too worried about failing a few games while I got a look at the new mechanics, map, spell schools, and such. So I was going with the ol' secure and buildup the first province, for the first 50 turns.

I can do fine with auto resolve but it should probably be played like the old Chaos and Beastmen; where you get at least two full armies going ASAP and run on a deficit. Relying on boats, raiding, and sacking to stay going.

Also, the lack of access to early siege weapons really hurts the auto resolve, for Chaos.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Uh no ?
Probably bad context tho.

That was just a tabletop reference from my fantasy playing days. Bretonnian players were feared and hardly anyone played chaos dwarves so they didn’t know what asspounding they were about to get.

One of my favorite armies was Chaos Dwarves and a earthshaker wrecked mounted knights

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh no ?

That was just a tabletop reference from my fantasy playing days. Bretonnian players were feared and hardly anyone played chaos dwarves so they didn’t know what asspounding they were about to get.

One of my favorite armies was Chaos Dwarves and a earthshaker wrecked mounted knights
Oh. I guess the whoosh is technically on me then but that's pretty roundabout.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh. I guess the whoosh is technically on me then but that's pretty roundabout.
Nah I should have clarified. Chaos dwarf players had their army taken away due to low sales so we are a bit buttmad still. The earthshaker was a sight to behold on the table. I just got excited seeing their name dropped even in this thread.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm not sure I'm going to even finish this campaign if every minor settlement fight is a 5 direction tower defense mini game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure I'm going to even finish this campaign if every minor settlement fight is a 5 direction tower defense mini game.
I could barely stand the prologue and I'm pretty sure you have a massive autoresolve advantage there which meant I could skip almost all of them, but the few I did got really old really fast.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Never add tower defense mini game mechanics to anything ever again (besides an actual tower defense game) please.

Towers being built and rebuilt constantly during a fight is unimmersive and completely out of place here.

Make it a separate tab for towers you can build for a settlement based on "resources" or whatever this stuff is before a fight. Capping a point can be an alternative to destroying the tower with siege weapons. That would make sense.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
I think the game is a solid 8, it's not perfect but I really like some of the quality of life changes they added like the inactive unit icon, quick deals in diplomacy, and the new item sorting window, etc.

The minor settlement battles do get a little boring cause on the higher difficulties auto resolve sucks dog dick so you end up having to play them all manually, when they are trivial it just adds extra time when before it was auto and move on. I'm confused the ambush changes, it feels weird that they don't even try to fight even when it's a full army vs two level one lords and reinforcements coming in 2 minutes.

I think the only major issue is the DRM dropping performance like 30% after it wasn't in effect for the promotional lets plays in the weeks leading up. I guess I did have one crash at one point as well.

If you liked WH 1 and 2 you'll most likely enjoy 3, hopefully some of the kinks get ironed out when they add the immortal empires. Overall I'm enjoying my Ogre Kingdoms playthrough once I figured out camps and meat and I look forward to trying some multiplayer co-op action.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users