Totalbiscuit has passed away

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I was told there would be anesthetic by the doctors when they were talking me through the procedure and butt peeing thing.

On the day a sexy Russian nurse who was prepping me outside the colonoscopy room asked me if I wanted an anesthetic and I said yes, she then looked at me surprised and implied I was a wimp for wanting one and it wasn't needed since there was gas, basically talking me into not having it.

Worst pain ever feeling that pipe moving around my ass, the gas did very little. A female collegue later told me that she also had one without anesthetic and it was worse than her giving birth.

At the end the doctor asked me why I didn't have the anesthetic. I blamed the fucking nurse. Fuck that nurse, this isn't soviet russia were the men have amputations in stalingrad without anesthetic. We have anesthetic here.

And you too buddy.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ps go to the fucking doctor. Hong hannha. It takes four seconds.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Being very close to the process of ai in medical imaging, without getting into exhaustive detail I can confidently say we are atleast 5 years out from a medicolegally approved form of machine learning from being used in practice in a widespread manner. And this will likely be in a *very* specific manner - probably pulmonary nodule detection on lung screening (trials have been done claiming ‘success’ but none passed the test of critical analysis outside of very controlled environments, but eventually someone will pull it off), brain bleeds, some basic chest X-ray interpretations (also won’t be good at it ; chest X-ray is actually one of the most difficult things to read).
Then keep in mind the many many different pathologies and imaging modalities..it’s going to take a while. I have this discussion with ‘tech douchebag’ types all the time (there are tons to be found here) and most are laughably out of touch with the realities of imaging interpretation. My favorite are the overly obnoxious ones that tell me I won’t have a job in two years, and of course they don’t even have a radiologist on their staff

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris where do you live ? Just from what u said , unless ur like TBiscuit and have unusual risks , it sounds less like colon ca and more like a bleeding ulcer (this is more likely to be stomach or prox small bowel and not colon). Did you get upper endoscopy or just colonoscopy? If u haven’t had ur stomach checked out yet, then I would advise being careful about using aspirin and other nsaids until you know
I'm in the UK. It shouldn't be cancer since they are taking my bloods every 6 months and I assume they are checking for cancer, unless they are utterly incompetent. I would also imagine that the symptoms wouldn't have stopped and it healed on it's own if it was cancer, I assume it would continue and get worse.

They did both the endoscopy (that's the camera down your throat right?), colonoscopy and had me swallow some stuff that showed up on x ray to look at the bits the cameras couldn't reach. They found nothing but little irritation in my throat were I'd choked badly on some streak a few weeks before. They didn't look in my stomach with the camera as far as I know but I could be wrong. They did tell me to avoid nsaids and I have been, there was one I had been taking when I had colds.

I lost A LOT of blood, my blood pressure was like 1/10th of the number it should have been, so it's weird to me that I still don't know what caused it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like people took poopsocking literally at some point in their life before this thread.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It never ceases to amaze me how idiotic people can be online. Looking at that archived tweet, that dude had enough salt to create his own ocean.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What a piece of fucking shit. Fire that fuck. Pronto.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Already have. The head of the studio apologized and called him a former-employee, and the guy has now removed Bioware/EA from his social media employment sections.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Good. If anyone deserves to rot in hell, it’s that piece of shit.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm in the UK. It shouldn't be cancer since they are taking my bloods every 6 months and I assume they are checking for cancer, unless they are utterly incompetent. I would also imagine that the symptoms wouldn't have stopped and it healed on it's own if it was cancer, I assume it would continue and get worse.

They did both the endoscopy (that's the camera down your throat right?), colonoscopy and had me swallow some stuff that showed up on x ray to look at the bits the cameras couldn't reach. They found nothing but little irritation in my throat were I'd choked badly on some streak a few weeks before. They didn't look in my stomach with the camera as far as I know but I could be wrong. They did tell me to avoid nsaids and I have been, there was one I had been taking when I had colds.

I lost A LOT of blood, my blood pressure was like 1/10th of the number it should have been, so it's weird to me that I still don't know what caused it.

As unbelievable as it sounds to me, I know more a handful of people that have received care in uk(was Scotland actually but assuming it’s similar) and some basic common sense things that would be expected didn’t happen for them. If they put a camera in throat it’d blow my mind if they didn’t look at your stomach but for your own sake you should get this clarified. Hopefully you just tore something in ur esophagus from not chewing properly and that was it, but if I had an ulcer I would want to damn sure know about it because it’s very treatable.

Edit - taking your blood doesn’t mean they can check if your have cancer. While there are lab values that go up with cancer (CEA, some others) there are a not -insignificant percent that don’t produce lab abnormalities and especially not early. Checking your stool for blood (specifically fecal occult blood analysis, not just eyeballing your shit) , is what people do

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It never ceases to amaze me how idiotic people can be online. Looking at that archived tweet, that dude had enough salt to create his own ocean.

This and I for some reason found it terribly fitting he was from QC. Scum of the earth, especially online all seem to be there when it comes to ego etc. I remember a group on a NA server in a game started chatting in french in general chat (only 3-4 tops) and then started demanding people stop shitting up general chat with english instead of french. They all had QC in their name/guild names etc.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
This and I for some reason found it terribly fitting he was from QC. Scum of the earth, especially online all seem to be there when it comes to ego etc. I remember a group on a NA server in a game started chatting in french in general chat (only 3-4 tops) and then started demanding people stop shitting up general chat with english instead of french. They all had QC in their name/guild names etc.

Thought I was the only one that noticed the absolute vitriol and annoyance of people from that region in online games, countless numbers of QC that are the sorest losers and biggest shit talkers while being trash themselves. People stereotype BR region for online but I find QC to be the absolute worst.

Fedor

<Banned>
vppy574kl9011.jpg

he moved to estonia and lives next to a daycare

5zmcmdV.png

ikQKv0M.png

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Repost
Reactions: 4 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
To quote Redeye: "What an idiot"

The problem with medical imagining is that it has far outpaced the ability to treat anything suspect. Most people are walking suspect findings, that's why I need to write down the answers for every screening I run. You already have experiments with the radiologists sitting halfway across the world, but without seeing the patient in person or the ability to follow up, unless you see something obvious, you still have to ask if they have any problems first. The problem is that a lot of patients take that as an opportunity to vomit their whole life story without telling me anything of substance, but that is a completely unrelated rant. Save your doctor some time, tell them why, how long and how bad are your symptoms straight at the start.

• 1Like