Travelers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
:(

To be fair I only read my own posts. It saves a lot of time and only slightly impacts the quality of the discussion.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
To be clear I hated most the personal life drama on SGU too. I skipped just about every scene with the guy's wife back on earth, and the stuff with Chloe and the young army dude..the doctor chick had plenty of shitty drama too.

But I really loved the main plot, and general Sci-fi parts of SGU. And some of the actors, like the mad scientist guy was very well played, and the black army dude was just awesome.

I guess the difference is that the plot and writing in Travelers was nowhere near good enough to make up for all the shitty drama.

Juvarisx

Florida
SGU really did figure their shit out towards the end of season 2, in that way its a shame they couldn't take it further. I do not blame anyone for giving up on it early however.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I totally forgot that this existed until it popped up today on Netflix. Gonna have to.reciew what was going on at the end of season 1

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'd enjoy this show more if they killed off the main time traveller guy.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Just started season 2, show is awesome. I love every character now honestly and I'm excited to see where they take the director angle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just binged the 2nd season, fucking loved it, and they better goddamn renew it for season 3 or there will be strongly worded nerd emails to someone.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well ya SG-1 got 10 seasons which was like 3 seasons too long.

• 2Solidarity

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Just finished season 2. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
some parts I felt like they lost focus. The story between 001 and the faction kind of got spread thin. Should have been focused on one or the other. Also seems to me that the best way to take care of the faction would be ensure the collapse of shelter 47. Surprised the director didn't do that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not clicking the spoiler, but I remember my biggest regret for Season 1 was that the super smoking hot babe in the retard's body never got fully naked on screen. Please tell me this finally happens!!

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Not clicking the spoiler, but I remember my biggest regret for Season 1 was that the super smoking hot babe in the retard's body never got fully naked on screen. Please tell me this finally happens!!
Sadly no.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just finished season 2. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
some parts I felt like they lost focus. The story between 001 and the faction kind of got spread thin. Should have been focused on one or the other. Also seems to me that the best way to take care of the faction would be ensure the collapse of shelter 47. Surprised the director didn't do that.

I think one of the main things they did in season 1,
stopping that meteor or whatnot, that was what prevented the collapse of the shelter. Wasn't it? Amongst other things. At least that was when the faction started showing up, midway through the first season? Trying to figure out what is going on is confusing as hell because people are coming in from different futures, and it is not very clear what effects the original team are actually having other than they are changing shit, like every new person that comes in is from an entirely different timeline/future.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
This shows FINALE was dope!

Man this gives me chrono trigger vibes, the person above nailed it, each person is from a different future with how they are causing ripples.

This story can go on for awhile and I like the actors in it a lot, nonames other than the guy from will and grace but still all hit the mark.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am getting caught up on this since it dropped right in the midst of holiday madness. I just love this damn show for reasons I'm not fully aware of other than it provides a continual source of work for the peeps who had done Stargate back in the day. Jared Abrahamson as Trevor is some sublime casting. Blue collar MMA fighter dude from northern Canada who can act and has a voice much more gravelly than it should be for a person his age which makes it easier to believe that he is the oldest human who has ever lived. The banter among the primary cast when they are ripping on each other, as in the episode with the lake trip, shows great chemistry amongst the principal actors which definitely helps.

(As an aside we might be getting to the point where Netflix has too much content... I'm seriously behind on my Netflix viewing and its pretty much the only 'network' I watch regularly now. Even my popcorn addiction to the CW DC-heroes has had to take a hiatus).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like