Trayvon Martin, Had it coming? or not?

No, a discussion thread. But somehow when white people discuss other ethnicities it's default racism.

But I can go on a "racism knife cuts on both sides" rant if you want to....

rrr_img_36211.jpg

Well said.

yayyyyy....racist thread
Pretty ignorant to assume everyone on this message board is not of color.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
imo,i think the only way to have a decent conversation is to move this to the grown up section.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
Since TM was shot over 700 other black teens have been killed in Chicago but this is not news worthy since it was black on black. The fact is your about 97 times more likely to be shot by a black than all other races in the USA.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
They're both morons?

Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten jumped, and have to shoot someone (and been a star in the resulting media circus) if he just did his VOLUNTEER job and not followed a suspicious person.

Trayvon wouldn't have been shot if he just keep running towards the home free line and not decided to turn back around and assault the guy following him. Not knowing if they guy was armed or not.

Two idiots confront each other. News at 11.

I'm pretty sure this is the general consensus and always has been. The point of the court case isn't to prove who is the idiot, rather it is to prove who is the bigger idiot. In which case that usually translates into who drew first blood? Trayoniqwa Martinisha.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Don't think it's as cut and dried as either side makes it. Putting aside the fucked up laws around this shit in Florida (and the US in general), imo Martin shouldn't have reacted to Zimmerman's harassment the way he did (and yeah, if some random asshole came up to me while I was walking home and started questioning me about whether I was a criminal, I'd consider it harassment), unless I've got the chain of events wrong and Zimmerman actually initiated the physical side of the altercation, Martin should have just blown him off and walked away.

The flip side of the situation being that what Zimmerman was doing is, in my line of thought, way out of line. If he wants to wander his neighborhood keeping an eye out for suspicious activity, whatever, that's his right, but he crossed the line when he walked up to Martin and initiated contact, especially after emergency services specifically told him not to. So Zimmerman bears the blame for creating the whole fucked up situation, and Martin bears the blame for escalating it to physical violence.

It was a shitty confluence of shitty circumstances from two people who obviously just didn't know how to deal with the world very well. if you want to place the blame on one party more than the other, then that definitely goes to Zimmerman, I mean what the fuck did he think would happen? That everyone he suspected of being a criminal would play into his wannabe-cop power fantasies? So while the blame in the end of the day lies with Zimmerman, that doesn't really equate with what he did being cold-blooded murder.

Delusion met aggression, one of them had a gun, the other died. That's what it comes down to.