Trayvon Martin, Had it coming? or not?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They're both morons?

Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten jumped, and have to shoot someone (and been a star in the resulting media circus) if he just did his VOLUNTEER job and not followed a suspicious person.

Trayvon wouldn't have been shot if he just keep running towards the home free line and not decided to turn back around and assault the guy following him. Not knowing if they guy was armed or not.

Two idiots confront each other. News at 11.
this 100%
and great tits btw

Triangular_sl

shitlord
Zimzam is a hero, you dipshits. Mentored 2 underprivileged black kids, called the police dispatch to verify what he was doing and checking up on him, and stopped following once told to.

Zimzam did everything right. Suck it cunts.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Don't think it's as cut and dried as either side makes it. Putting aside the fucked up laws around this shit in Florida (and the US in general), imo Martin shouldn't have reacted to Zimmerman's harassment the way he did (and yeah, if some random asshole came up to me while I was walking home and started questioning me about whether I was a criminal, I'd consider it harassment), unless I've got the chain of events wrong and Zimmerman actually initiated the physical side of the altercation, Martin should have just blown him off and walked away.

The flip side of the situation being that what Zimmerman was doing is, in my line of thought, way out of line. If he wants to wander his neighborhood keeping an eye out for suspicious activity, whatever, that's his right, but he crossed the line when he walked up to Martin and initiated contact, especially after emergency services specifically told him not to. So Zimmerman bears the blame for creating the whole fucked up situation, and Martin bears the blame for escalating it to physical violence.

It was a shitty confluence of shitty circumstances from two people who obviously just didn't know how to deal with the world very well. if you want to place the blame on one party more than the other, then that definitely goes to Zimmerman, I mean what the fuck did he think would happen? That everyone he suspected of being a criminal would play into his wannabe-cop power fantasies? So while the blame in the end of the day lies with Zimmerman, that doesn't really equate with what he did being cold-blooded murder.

Delusion met aggression, one of them had a gun, the other died. That's what it comes down to.
This is not what happened. Zimmerman stayed at the north side of the walkway and TM who was near his dad's home decided not to go in and instead chose to confront Zimmerman. TM initiated the fight according to the witness on the other end of TM's phone.

FiReBReTHa

N00b
according to the witness on the other end of TM's phone.
buwhahaha. That's trustworthy. Wasn't she caught lying under oath as is?

o-TRAYVON-MARTIN-FRIEND-RACHEL-JEANTEL-facebook.jpg

Give her a package of oreos and shell swear jim carrey did it. But then again I doubt it since she may like anything white like a creepy as crackas

"Bring me solo and the woookie!"

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Traytray definitely had it coming after what he did to those UC Davis students. Zimmerman just wants kids to get a good education, so they can cure cancer and stuff.

rrr_img_36320.jpg

(If anyone from ABC, MSNBC, or CNN is looking for a reporter, I'm available for hire!)

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
(and yeah, if some random asshole came up to me while I was walking home and started questioning me about whether I was a criminal, I'd consider it harassment)
TM was not just "walking home". He was trespassing through a gated neighborhood that had been victim to recent burglaries.

Azrayne_sl said:
unless I've got the chain of events wrong and Zimmerman actually initiated the physical side of the altercation, Martin should have just blown him off and walked away.
If you don't even know this, it's obvious you didn't follow the trial. Should you really be making judgements?

Azrayne_sl said:
The flip side of the situation being that what Zimmerman was doing is, in my line of thought, way out of line. If he wants to wander his neighborhood keeping an eye out for suspicious activity, whatever, that's his right, but he crossed the line when he walked up to Martin and initiated contact,
Again, TM initiated contact.

Azrayne_sl said:
especially after emergency services specifically told him not to.
It was non-emergency dispatch, who has no authority to order people what to do, and did not tell him not to do it. The non-emergency dispatch said, "We dont need you to do that".

Azrayne_sl said:
So Zimmerman bears the blame for creating the whole fucked up situation, and Martin bears the blame for escalating it to physical violence.
No. Zimmerman did his job. Zimmerman didn't force Martin to trespass through a gated neighborhood. Zimmerman didn't dress Martin in a hoodie, which is garb criminals regularly use to conceal identitity. Zimmerman didn't force Martin into an altercation; that happened when Martin decided to circle back and confront Zimmerman.

Zimmerman followed him to be sure he wasn't going to commit a crime. If anything, I'd want him on my community watch. Go back to the trial and look at the facts, or at least the best attempt at the facts, if you want to make an educated statement. At this point, you're depending on willful ignorance or racism.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Initiating conversation you suspect to be CRIMINAL SCUM based off of appearance? A breach of social etiquette, not illegal.
Circling back to initiate physical confrontation? This shows malice/intent.
Shooting someone who has top mount and has broken your nose + you're bleeding out the back of your head? Self-defense.

The Zimzam, and all accused have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. It's a breach of social etiquette to treat him as guilty or non-innocent, imho. While this behavior may be socially condoned (the media does it therefore it must be right!), it is unethical. Furthermore, this also applies to one driver of a white, Ford Bronco.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
TM was not just "walking home". He was trespassing through a gated neighborhood that had been victim to recent burglaries.

If you don't even know this, it's obvious you didn't follow the trial. Should you really be making judgements?

Again, TM initiated contact.

It was non-emergency dispatch, who has no authority to order people what to do, and did not tell him not to do it. The non-emergency dispatch said, "We dont need you to do that".

No. Zimmerman did his job. Zimmerman didn't force Martin to trespass through a gated neighborhood. Zimmerman didn't dress Martin in a hoodie, which is garb criminals regularly use to conceal identitity. Zimmerman didn't force Martin into an altercation; that happened when Martin decided to circle back and confront Zimmerman.

Zimmerman followed him to be sure he wasn't going to commit a crime. If anything, I'd want him on my community watch. Go back to the trial and look at the facts, or at least the best attempt at the facts, if you want to make an educated statement. At this point, you're depending on willful ignorance or racism.
A lot of wrong stuff here. TM was not trespassing, he lived in the community with his father. It was raining, there's nothing inherently suspicious about having a hood up when it's raining. It doesn't matter whether the dispatcher was a cop or not, because Zimmerman DID stop following after he was told they didn't need him following Martin.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
GorestabbCOE, I fucking lawled.

Honestly?

If I was someone of Trayvon's demographic I wouldn't have been lurking around that gated community, that's asking for trouble.

Just like you won't find me after 9pm LURKING around Cherry Hill (downtown Baltimore).

OR SOMEONE ELSE'S GATED COMMUNITY.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
buwhahaha. That's trustworthy. Wasn't she caught lying under oath as is?

o-TRAYVON-MARTIN-FRIEND-RACHEL-JEANTEL-facebook.jpg

Give her a package of oreos and shell swear jim carrey did it. But then again I doubt it since she may like anything white like a creepy as crackas

"Bring me solo and the woookie!"
TrayTray was probably scared shitless of another broken pelvis

tumblr_mpymj1L9Qp1qc84cfo2_250.gif

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Pulling a gun in a fist fight should be a capitol offense under the colossal pussy clause.
If we had stuck to that that rule we'd still be monkies in the jungle, eating our own shit and sticking tree branches up our asses for entertainment. Lions, tigers and bears would still be the dominant species on the planet. No thanks, I like evolution.

FiReBReTHa

N00b
If we had stuck to that that rule we'd still be monkies in the jungle, eating our own shit and sticking tree branches up our asses for entertainment. Lions, tigers and bears would still be the dominant species on the planet. No thanks, I like evolution.

+1

Get the biggest stick you can find, and also bring your friends that carry big sticks.