Trayvon Martin, Had it coming? or not?

FiReBReTHa

N00b
rrr_img_36801.jpg
Only in america are the whites blamed for the actions of a mexican against a black.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Bill Whittle puts it all together pretty well.
TL/DR Part crazy train, part pushing an agenda, part excellent points. Probably worth a watch but prepare to roll eyes.

I wanted to like that video so much sir. The commentary about the picture of Dr. King in a hoodie was very well put and by far the most provocative thing I have seen or read about this case.

The fact that I "wanted" to like the video is my issue. That great comparison will be missed by tons of imaginary people I just made up because rather than sticking to the facts they decided to go into the realm of conjecture and possibility. Then push a political agenda. They paint a picture where Zimmerman is Mr. Rogers+MLKJ 2.0 and Martin was a personification of every reason an elderly lady might clutch her purse tighter based solely on a strangers skin color. Also Obama is the devil. I want to believe it's satire that went over my head because it's the exact fucking thing that is held in contempt at the beginning of the narrative.

This is what's fucking wrong with people in the microcosm of this case. The facts are self evident but the only two voices that get to be heard are opposite and radical ends of the political spectrum preaching at people that are already on their fucking side while I have to assume intentionally alienating anyone who does not already share their view. What the fuck is the point in a discussion or argument when you shape it in a way that leaves no middle ground to meet the other party on? Martin wasn't Satan and I say this after stating I'm glad he is dead in the other thread. Zimmerman isn't a saint and I say this havingrabidlydefended his actions and with an absolute belief that they were justified.

The threads on this board are the perfect example of what I'm talking about. You have the Liberal, the Conservative, and the doesn't get a fucking opinion because there's no middleground We are right and They are wrong. It's a fucking parody of exactly the same thing both camps berate the media and each other for. It's fucking heartbreaking to me that the people who might otherwise have a honest and rational discussion are either drowned out by those pushing a fucking agenda that has no legitimate bearing on the topic at hand or are afraid to discuss the topic because someone with a point to make or imagined victory to win will render any attempt pointless.

The saddest part is I know the majority of people are either somewhere in the middle or simply don't care because it doesn't affect them. I've read posts from them and seen similar frustration to my own expressed. There's just not a point because even if those people managed to have a worthwhile discussion it's impossible to tune out noise because next week there's a new topic to start the us v. them screaming match held by the only voices loud enough to be heard.

FiReBReTHa

N00b
Ya gotta admit, this thread compared to all other online media outlets, has had the highest percentage of rational posts I have EVER seen about this topic.
Too many people just going off the wall and insane and clinging to both sides of the spectrum for dear life. The pro gun folks supporting it for mere fact of self defense. The Trayvon folks supporting it because they believe it was based on racism.
And then the people in the middle who just say, "Hey, lets pretend they are both the same color. Does it change the situation and self defense and attacker got shot, NOPE"

smile.png
I like the middle people, I don't care if you're black, brown, purple, yellow, white, rainbow. Attack me or my family and you're going in the ground.

I think this case was fluffed to keep the mass public distracted while this house of cards falls apart.

meanwhile, Hypocrisy!
5C001FAC-EA4B-4615-B5C2-AE8D6B03569A-6113-0000055C1FEE8F8C.jpg

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Everyone is using this as a platform to get you thinking a certain way. I liked the one that waited 5 minutes to tell me its the jew's fault. I guess only Angels can give objective observation.
I know, or rather can imagine. That was the first and only... I'm going to call it non-mainstream media commentary I have viewed on the case. Because it's exactly what I imagined I would see. The only intention I had when I quoted it was to maybe get a person to watch it who otherwise would not have done so. Simply for the 45 seconds where he talks about the picture of Dr. King because it's... I honestly don't know how to phrase why. I guess that small part of a ten minute video I think is an example of something I hold in contempt in my day to day life was something I felt a need to and wanted to share with others for reasons I'm unable to articulate. It's the same feeling that caused me to spend an hour while I was on vacation visiting my mom making her watch Adam Sesslars video review of and commentary on Bioshock Infinite. I just wanted to and felt a desire to share something. I really wish I could explain it better but oh well. Then sleepy stream of conscious where I expressed my bitterness.

Really not a fan of this too exhausted to keep my eyes open but can't sleep thing I have going on tonight.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Everyone is using this as a platform to get you thinking a certain way. I liked the one that waited 5 minutes to tell me its the jew's fault. I guess only Angels can give objective observation.
Everyone knows it was the jews asshole, they started charging interest on loans.