True Detective

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Terrible clickbait article though. Of course he would do it. Problem is, Nic is on "hiatus" from TD which I'm sure is stemming from the beating he took on Season 2.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Terrible clickbait article though. Of course he would do it. Problem is, Nic is on "hiatus" from TD which I'm sure is stemming from the beating he took on Season 2.

Went way too big. Too many characters. He had the benefit of time when creating Season 1. I'm not even sure if a 3rd season would work going back to the original cast. A big part of what made Season 1 great was the time jump, the how they went their separate ways, and what they found back then that they were able to link up in the future/present. Would it just be MM and Woody working on another case?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah getting McConaughey and/or Harrelson back for a third season would just be a retreat as a television writer for Pizzolatto at this point. And he's supposed to be working on a Perry Mason series for HBO now anyway. I guess they could bring in new writers for it but honestly it feels like Rust and Marty's story is already complete.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah getting McConaughey and/or Harrelson back for a third season would just be a retreat as a television writer for Pizzolatto at this point. And he's supposed to be working on a Perry Mason series for HBO now anyway. I guess they could bring in new writers for it but honestly it feels like Rust and Marty's story is already complete.
it is and it isnt, the pedo cult is still out there and they are in power in various places around the south, there is still more story to be told, but i agree, it would just be more of the same. but then again every sequel is basically the first movie retold.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Watch them swing to the opposite side of convoluted storyline...

A retard simple plot full of dumb action and cliche characters.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I only ever watched 2 episode of season 2. Did I miss anything?
I really got sucked into certain aspects of season 2 but the final half was a huge let down just like season 1. I would probibly like the story of season 2 more overall if it didnt go off the rails like it did, both have huge flaws and its tough trying to watch either season after knowing how much the writing goes down

Not sure I can re watch either season, even the one shot from season 1 is hard to watch after you notice all the flaws and realize they should have done more quick cuts instead of getting beat up by ghosts

Last edited:

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
popsicledeath popsicledeath what do you think about this?

Giving time to Pizzolatto and not rushing him with a quick turn around can only be a good thing, but I'm not convinced he was the primary reason for season one's success, as writing ended up being where the weak spots were. Milch would obviously help and hopefully be the voice of experience Pizzolatto probably had in season one to keep things together, but my feelings are still the success of season one was mostly because Harrelson and McConaughey. Really, they gave amazing performances and I believe did a lot more than just act, and without that level of dedication and input season 3 could be bad even with more time for writing.

Edit: season 2 should start getting good any episode now, though, right guys?