True Detective

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not sure if it holds up to "I'll come back and butt fuck your father with your mom's headless corpse on this goddamn lawn." ~Ray Velcoro

That scene gave me really high hopes for the rest of the season. Alas...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be honest Colin Farrell's acting was very good in True Detective season 2, as a wornout, shady cop. Vince Vaughn's also did a very good job, he had to deliver cheesy oneliners but his desert crawl was interesting. True Detective is the kind of TV shows with very interesting cast, good production but mediocre showrunning. Let's hope for True Detective s3 they hire a decent showrunner to handle Nick Pizzaiolo's writing.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Velcoro might be one of the greatest TV show characters of all time.

Except the part where he takes a shotgun into a deep forest and somehow thinks that was a good idea. Maybe it was one of those shotguns from Battlefield that shoots slugs and he could of used it like a sniper rifle? Either way his demise was retarded.

spronk

FPS noob
hopefully vince vaughn redeems himself in his upcoming movie, Brawl in Cell block 99 where he plays a boxer turned drug runner who must deal with a corrupt prison. Don Johnson (miami vice) plays the warden

m5tYhZe.jpg

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Season 2 was a lot like Predator 2, a few good spectacles but you cant replace Arnie in the jungle.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Velcoro might be one of the greatest TV show characters of all time.

Except the part where he takes a shotgun into a deep forest and somehow thinks that was a good idea. Maybe it was one of those shotguns from Battlefield that shoots slugs and he could of used it like a sniper rifle? Either way his demise was retarded.
Have you ever shot a shotgun? It's a good choice for that engagement range, also tree cover.

spronk

FPS noob
every pubg player knows shotgun is for building camping, ARs and sniper rifles are for tree and hill dancing. figures velcoro though is a shitty final circle player who tries to corner camp in a goddamn forest

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Oh shit, there'll be a season 3 and they announced this like a month ago? Where the hell have I been

LTTP but S1E4's tracking shot finale is some of the best television I have ever seen.

Also, I really liked season 2 - nowhere near as much as 1, but still pretty damn good.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well...I like Dorff, and it sounds like they're trying to go back to what worked in S1 with the different time periods laying out a crime that goes unsolved for a long time. Ozarks not exactly same atmosphere but they could work with it.

I really hope this was a legitimate audition process and he really killed it. Dorff washed up because he was lacking in the talent department. And as far as I know, nothing has changed on that front although its been about 10 years or so since I've checked for him. I did like him in that secret service movie. Maybe he just wasn't given a fair shake. Either way, its an odd choice...

I'm a sucker for Carmen Ejogo so I'm on board regardless. Hope she is playing something sexy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I find it ironic that the HBO chief of programming just said he was putting some guys on Pizzolatto for this season, raved about how well True Detective would do with a few writers for Pizzolatto. Said HBO has a strong commitment to making Pizzolatto successful again.

Now we find out Pizzolatto is writing, Pizzolatto is directing (lol), Pizzolatto is producing, Pizzolatto is creating. ....you get the idea.

That jumped out at me right away. Either HBO doesn't give a fuck, and its an abandoned franchise like people are speculating, (after the Dorff casting by Pizzolatto people are saying HBO execs are just letting him run wild over production), or Pizzolatto really is a genius and he's being given his space again by HBO.

Regardless, this is everything HBO's chief said would not happen again. And its happening. Again.

• 3Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really hope this was a legitimate audition process and he really killed it. Dorff washed up because he was lacking in the talent department. And as far as I know, nothing has changed on that front although its been about 10 years or so since I've checked for him. I did like him in that secret service movie. Maybe he just wasn't given a fair shake. Either way, its an odd choice...

I'm a sucker for Carmen Ejogo so I'm on board regardless. Hope she is playing something sexy.

Dorff was probably just blacklisted for not blowing Weinstein. He’s back. #TimesUp

• 3Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I remember liking Dorff in the 90s but I for1 some reason can't remember him from anything but SFW.