True Detective

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah the setting in Season 1 was a big part of it. Lost a lot of that in typical mob crime in LA.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah the setting in Season 1 was a big part of it. Lost a lot of that in typical mob crime in LA.
Also time and turf; Nic Pizzolatto is from SW Louisiana and worked on the ideas behind the first season for years (10ish? IIRC) before it came out. When they announced the turn around for season 2 was so short, I wondered if they were going to have time to put the genie back in the bottle. The building blocks are all there in S2, it just needed more time to marinate and be worked on before the cameras started rolling. As it was, it was like a fantastic thanksgiving dinner, just half-cooked. You know, like BBIYH.

spronk

FPS noob
Colin Farrell was about the only thing worth watching. Rachel Mcadams had a few funny lines basically telling guys lusting after her that she loves to fuck, but they had no shot.

season 1 also had the glorious titties and ass of alexandria daddario, season 2 had some weird orgy room. season 3 needs to bring out some real glorious titties and pussy, we need an ass auteur

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who was the other hot chick Woody got to bang in S1? Like after Daddario and him fell out and all that, was some other young chick that got naked and looked good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Who was the other hot chick Woody got to bang in S1? Like after Daddario and him fell out and all that, was some other young chick that got naked and looked good.
Lili Simmons who has an absolutely glorious ass. She shows it off a lot in Banshee.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's the chick who offered up her anal virginity right. Woody was like "nah I can't cheat anymore on my wife I gotta end this" and then she just talks right through him like "yeaaaa that's cool...but I dont think so. So ive been thinking a lot about it...and..."

Woody's completely helpless reaction in his car with the phone to his ear was a priceless True Detective series moment not to be found anywhere else. That 10 second scene about justified Nick Pizza writing and directing the next 5 seasons by himself with a no-contact order against HBO.

SIMMONS 2.gif

yeeesh

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The mythology behind season 1 was another part of what made it so good. Of course it also spawned dipshit theories like "Marty is the Yellow King, hurrdurr."
the theorycrafting was the best part, everyone had an idea about this clue and that clue. it made for some great discussions here. yes some were fucking stupid. i no doubt said some stupid shit every week and gave some of you eye cancer, but i dont give a fuck, it was fun, you had fun. lets not dwell on it. season 2 was basically me, Hodj and a few others troll hating on the show while the rest of you stalwarts were holding out for the big payoff to blow everyone's mind. i think that all ended when they did the time jump and the show just muddled along for a bit and then we were all rooting for it to just fucking end already. i'm looking forward to season 3. theorycrafting or trolling. its all the same as long as its fun.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the theorycrafting was the best part, everyone had an idea about this clue and that clue. it made for some great discussions here. yes some were fucking stupid. i no doubt said some stupid shit every week and gave some of you eye cancer, but i dont give a fuck, it was fun, you had fun. lets not dwell on it. season 2 was basically me, Hodj and a few others troll hating on the show while the rest of you stalwarts were holding out for the big payoff to blow everyone's mind. i think that all ended when they did the time jump and the show just muddled along for a bit and then we were all rooting for it to just fucking end already. i'm looking forward to season 3. theorycrafting or trolling. its all the same as long as its fun.

There was definitely a point in S2 when everyone was just like fuck it, don't let him write and do everything all by himself anymore b/c he totally fucked it up. Although I do remember you trying to say it was weird the cops were waiting for Velcoro at the school where his kid went...basically the one most obvious place the cops would be watching. maybe you were trolling about that.

The other dumb shit with S2 was trying to make the one big shootout so epic. It was still good, but he clearly wanted it to be S2's answer to this...

• 3Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
that S2 shootout by the bus was awesome. it was an expert piece of cinema.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There was definitely a point in S2 when everyone was just like fuck it, don't let him write and do everything all by himself anymore b/c he totally fucked it up. Although I do remember you trying to say it was weird the cops were waiting for Velcoro at the school where his kid went...basically the one most obvious place the cops would be watching. maybe you were trolling about that.

The other dumb shit with S2 was trying to make the one big shootout so epic. It was still good, but he clearly wanted it to be S2's answer to this...

my biggest gripe was the birdhead dude shooting velcoro(farrell?) with rock salt with the same shotgun he just murdered somebody with live shells not 30 minutes earlier. it was so utterly ridiculous and just used to create false drama that it completely took me out of the show an made me hate everything about it. then i started my troll campaign.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
my biggest gripe was the birdhead dude shooting velcoro(farrell?) with rock salt with the same shotgun he just murdered somebody with live shells not 30 minutes earlier. it was so utterly ridiculous and just used to create false drama that it completely took me out of the show an made me hate everything about it. then i started my troll campaign.

Worse than the birdshit itself was the social media and forum reactions to it.

The show jumped the shark and the reaction was raucous applause and "Shit just got real" gifs. I remember checking reddit and just biting down hard.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
season 2 was basically me, Hodj and a few others troll hating on the show while the rest of you stalwarts were holding out for the big payoff to blow everyone's mind.

Remember that time season 2 finally got good, though??? Really made the people look bad who kept saying the show was objectively bad.

Waiting on season 3 is giving me blue balls in my heart.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

I was secretly hoping he was dead, just to completely throw off the viewer. It really would have been unexpected. When he showed up alive within a few minutes next episode, I wasn't surprised but it definitely deflated the lingering hope I had for the show.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
yeah the rock salt was just contrived. i really hated that part