True Detective

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It does look like there could be some series redemption coming our way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I saw this trailer during the finale of Sharp Objects last night and had cognitive dissonance all night about how or why they would have made Chris Rock look nothing like himself in this show. It wasn't until I woke up the next morning that I remembered that it was Fargo that Chris Rock was going to be in and not True Detective.

• 4Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 7 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope this new season doesn't devolve into a story about how a black man became a detective in the 50's and all the racist white people he had to deal with.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I hope this new season doesn't devolve into a story about how a black man became a detective in the 50's and all the racist white people he had to deal with.
oh shit you just gave away the entire plot. at least you didnt mention his secret interracial romance.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
it would be amazing if it was worse, me and @hodj would be kings of this thread again. all shall love us and despair

As long as you don't pull out some of the more retarded complaints like "why would the cops be there watching his kid just because it's the most obvious place for him to show up".

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As long as you don't pull out some of the more retarded complaints like "why would the cops be there watching his kid just because it's the most obvious place for him to show up".
lol, i cant make any promises, it depends on how ridiculous something is. trailer looks aight, i'll be here with yas good or bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol, i cant make any promises, it depends on how ridiculous something is. trailer looks aight, i'll be here with yas good or bad.

In Mahershala Ali we trust. Or hope he can overcome more potential shitty writing at least.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hopefully he doesn't retread too much of the same ground of Season 1. I mean, it'd be better to rip himself off than have another season 2, but still...

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely up for giving it a shot, but after season 2 being such crap my hopes are far from high on this

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

It's not even that. It's 50/60's Arkansas, was there even a single black cop in the entire state then? I honestly don't know but that would seem the strangest thing to me off the bat.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm not one for race baiting shit, but I'd be down for some depravity brought on by some Arkansas good old boys trying to keep a black man out of a position of authority in the law. Just keep it grounded and without the preachiness and it could work.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I believe there's three time periods in this season, actually. I think Ali's natural age character is in the early 80s.

Not completely confident about that info, though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looking forward to seeing how Dorff got casted and the Carmen Ejogo sex scene.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user