True Detective

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pizz is tight again and under a lot of pressure-- he's not used to holding the reins. I'm still not sure why he is the show-runner, especially since time constraints have been placed on the production.

No matter the reason, this is not good at all. Cognitive dissonance on creative. And Pizz doesn't have the wits or the chops on the camera. Saulnier tried to show him the ropes-- the reason why he was hired. Nic thought he knew better and wanted to go his own direction.

Saulnier said there is no reason to hire me if you aren't going to accept my direction. Nic being Nic. Nic also has no experience behind a lens. I don't see how you can say whether you aren't sure if that is good or bad. Do you really think Nic is a writing, directing, producing, cinematographic genius? You can't wear all the fucking hats on a big show like this. Especially if you have never held a fucking camera before in your fucking life.

That's that.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
New director left after 2 episodes? Doesn't he know the 3rd episode of the new season is when season 2 is definitely going to start getting good.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sounds more like studio heads sticking their fucking 2 cents in on everything and the director tells them to back the fuck off and ends up quiiting/getting fired

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pizz is tight again and under a lot of pressure-- he's not used to holding the reins. I'm still not sure why he is the show-runner, especially since time constraints have been placed on the production.

No matter the reason, this is not good at all. Cognitive dissonance on creative. And Pizz doesn't have the wits or the chops on the camera. Saulnier tried to show him the ropes-- the reason why he was hired. Nic thought he knew better and wanted to go his own direction.

Saulnier said there is no reason to hire me if you aren't going to accept my direction. Nic being Nic. Nic also has no experience behind a lens. I don't see how you can say whether you aren't sure if that is good or bad. Do you really think Nic is a writing, directing, producing, cinematographic genius? You can't wear all the fucking hats on a big show like this. Especially if you have never held a fucking camera before in your fucking life.

That's that.
That is a lot of assumptions .

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I thought this was a good video. Talks about themes and compares Seven and True Detective Season 1.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That video is awesome.

It is still shocking to me how bad season 2 is compared to the masterpiece of season 1.

• 6Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Not all that different from Westworld S1 vs S2. They have years to write and perfect the first season, then massive success demands a S2 right quick. Quality goes to shit and tanks the series.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
'True Detective' Season 3 Wraps Production
Filming recently wrapped on the new season of True Detective, which was shooting in Fayetteville, Arkansas over the last few months. They spoke about their reasons for shooting in the Ozarks, stating that Fayetteville and its surroundings are an integral part of True Detective's narrative in Season Three.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I dont expect season 1 but I hope its a lot better than season 2.

• 2Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Astr0
it would be amazing if it was worse, me and hodj hodj would be kings of this thread again. all shall love us and despair
astrocreep---creepy-alien-invasion.jpg

We should rename you then. Bring Balance to the force.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season 2 was kind of retarded but Colin Farrel was amazing. His mustache was a thing of TV legend, and his coke and alcohol fueled one man party in his shitty apartment was one of the most gripping scenes Ive ever watched. Vince Vaughn was somehow a net positive at the end of the day, his characters demise was well done and very convincing/powerful.

The female detectives comments about liking big dicks was also memorable. Other than that.....I can only vaguely remember Velcoro running into some redwoods with a shotgun to.....die? One of the dumbest resolutions to a TV show ever.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
The female detectives comments about liking big dicks was also memorable. Other than that.....I can only vaguely remember Velcoro running into some redwoods with a shotgun to.....die? One of the dumbest resolutions to a TV show ever.

people also forget taylor kitsch was in season 2

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

people also forget taylor kitsch was in season 2

For the best. One of the actual legit lowlights of Season 2 was not cutting Taylor Kitsch entirely.

What was it 8 episodes and they decided they couldn't give him a proper conflict/resolution arc. Add 2 more episodes, use filler in the other storylines to drag it to 10 if you have to. If you can't, then cut him and use the screen time for something else.

Big mistake by Nic "i've never written a series, produced, or directed before" pizzolotto. Adapting a book isn't quite the same thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user