True Detective

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

What is the True Detective season 4 plot?​

Here is the official logline for True Detective: Night Country from HBO:

"When the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace. To solve the case, Detectives Liz Danvers and Evangeline Navarro will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves, and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice."

The setting sounds interesting. Will give it a shot while having neutral expectations. I'd like to see what Jodi Foster can bring to this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
eh, i need to see the trailer first before i can start guessing if its shit, Jodie doesnt do the girl power thing. at least she never used to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grez

Trakanon Raider
eh, i need to see the trailer first before i can start guessing if its shit, Jodie doesnt do the girl power thing. at least she never used to.
I'm concerned that they brought Jodie in to cover for a bad script.

VF1321_Foster_Hopkins_Embed02.jpg

Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

With that said, I sincerely hope the 4th season is amazing, even better than the first.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
are injuns so fucking hard to find that they had to hire a noggy boxer?
yeah, what the fuck shit is that casting? nogresses in Alaska? that doesnt sound right. a snow injun would have been more appropriate. Hollywood still shits on them for some reason. cant believe Silence Of The Lambs was 33 years ago, thats gonna have to be some strong memberberries to give her the gravitas to carry this shit for an entire season. usually when you have an old cop partner with a new cop, the formula is old cop does things by the book or by calling in favors from long time connections they made during their career while the young pup shoots from the hip doing whatever they feel like doing. it usually ends up with the young pup getting themselves killed. old cop kills the baddie out of revenge and then ponders their retirement.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah, what the fuck shit is that casting? nogresses in Alaska? that doesnt sound right. a snow injun would have been more appropriate. Hollywood still shits on them for some reason. cant believe Silence Of The Lambs was 33 years ago, thats gonna have to be some strong memberberries to give her the gravitas to carry this shit for an entire season. usually when you have an old cop partner with a new cop, the formula is old cop does things by the book or by calling in favors from long time connections they made during their career while the young pup shoots from the hip doing whatever they feel like doing. it usually ends up with the young pup getting themselves killed. old cop kills the baddie out of revenge and then ponders their retirement.
the fucking director/writer is some mexican cunt

did they just hand this series over to HR and check the diversity boxes?
baad7988ab0a8180cd9d4889d955099a.png

this is going to be her first english project.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the fucking director/writer is some mexican cunt

did they just hand this series over to HR and check the diversity boxes?
baad7988ab0a8180cd9d4889d955099a.png

this is going to be her first english project.
well at least she wrote an episode of TD and has years of experience. i dont think mexicans are woke so whatever she wrote for them might not be diversity pinball. i dont see enough here yet to be worried, though this is a woke network with a woke agenda, anything is possible.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
well at least she wrote an episode of TD and has years of experience. i dont think mexicans are woke so whatever she wrote for them might not be diversity pinball. i dont see enough here yet to be worried, though this is a woke network with a woke agenda, anything is possible.
I would agree with you on this and I'm going to give this a shot. However I went to take a peak at what the director looked like.

I was kind of hoping for something like this
giphy.gif

But it's looking like this
1660890383123.png

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Barf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
nik brought in star writers for season 3 and barely got it done.

the names he brought in were FX heavyweights afaik. this aint that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Only season 1 was any good, a very solid mix of crime drama and lovecraftian horror, which they abandoned in the other seasons.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
woke writer and a dyke starring in a tv series. Two lead characters are female. It's gonna be a fucking diversity dribble sprinkled with white male patriarchy. I bet it's gonna have a tranny character who has a pivotal story arch throughout the season, effectively make it a vessel to deliver all that is shit in todays tv.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
nik doesnt give a fuck what they do with it since he signed a GRRM style deal with HBO to produce other garbage and write for them.

Szlia

Saw Tigers Are Not Afraid in 2018 in a Film Festival. A strange film ... children trying to survive in a not so distant future when gangs are the only form of society left. Bleak setting, but with some oniric elements inserted.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only season 1 was any good, a very solid mix of crime drama and lovecraftian horror, which they abandoned in the other seasons.
tell me you never watched season 3 without telling me you never watched season 3.

• 5Picard
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure that episode is season 4 episode 1, is it not? It's listed as 2014 because that's how IMDB does shows, they list the premiere season, not the year the person was actually on.