True Detective

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's the same picture that I posted which was later edited to spoiler tag it. I was going to tag it when I first posted it but the video posted prior to that and the subsequent discussion had thoroughly let that cat out of the bag. Actually if you've seen the advertisements for the series before it started, they show scenes with Velcoro in them that haven't aired yet, so knowing he didn't die wasn't much of a stretch.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh, that was on the "current" page of my previous post. I spoilered it, but as you said, if there is a ton of discussion, it's kind of a moot point now.

The only thing I can recommend, for those whose jimmies are rustled by spoilers, is to report posts you feel should be in spoiler tags.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
We've already seen this season do time jumps. It could easily show Velcoro in flashback any number of times to keep Colin Farrell involved and not even derail the story. We know he started as an okay cop and got dirty. We know he's been tight with Semyon for a number of years, and that Semyon has risen from a street tough to a "legit" businessman. It wouldn't surprise me to see the remaining detectives digging into Semyon by way of Velcoro for the next few episodes.

edit: Didn't see the previous picture.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah but it's scenes of the detectives together that haven't aired. Anyway, I don't mind spoiler tagging shit, it just was already well out in the open at that point is all I was saying.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There was clips and trailers with masive spoilers from a long time ago. Look at the video I posted called invitation to the set. Shit is riddled with spoilers then. can't even embed since the default photo is a spoiler. Pretty sure every trailer besides 1 showed clips of Farrell that haven't yet aired

True Detective Season 2: Invitation to the Set (HBO) - YouTube
Obvious Velcoro shaves off his mustache and decides to get redemption or at least right some of his wrongs. I get the feeling he's definitely dying and most likely someone else

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
When I look back at season 1, I really enjoyed the beginning of S1 with its dual storytelling, where you had Rust and Marty giving two different accounts of things through their own narratives. I never felt like I could totally trust either character's perspective by itself, and that added a lot of suspense for me. While I like to treat every season as its own incarnation, I feel that S2 lacks that suspenseful delivery of backstory/plot. I really don't feel that this season is "bad", but perhaps that can explain why it has felt slower than S1 so far.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
When I look back at season 1, I really enjoyed the beginning of S1 with its dual storytelling, where you had Rust and Marty giving two different accounts of things through their own narratives. I never felt like I could totally trust either character's perspective by itself, and that added a lot of suspense for me. While I like to treat every season as its own incarnation, I feel that S2 lacks that suspenseful delivery of backstory/plot. I really don't feel that this season is "bad", but perhaps that can explain why it has felt slower than S1 so far.
I agree. The split timeline in season 1 made for more interesting story telling. I thought they were doing it again in the first episode this season, when he was with the lawyer, but it doesn't seem so. Just a couple flashbacks so far.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea season 1 had that great formula but give s2 a chance. A lot has happened in these 2 episodes and shit will probably start getting crazy ep 4 or 5.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think season 2 so far has fallen short of Season 1. But it's still really good television. I think the story is still building and maybe with all the characters they're going to focus more on the story itself rather than just the characters. I mean most of Season 1 wasn't about the story, it was about MM and Woody. I think a lot of people, like myself, thought there was going to be a supernatural element at some point, but there wasn't. It was a disappointment and relief, I think. This one isn't playing up that angle and is more trying to weave a story through 4 people in one place and have it connect at the end like a violent, brooding Seinfeld episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Right now it just feels like a really drawn out, gritty, cop movie. Glacially slow.
rrr_img_101688.jpg

I love those.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Was McAdams getting turned on by watching that video of DP? Says something of her sexual preference?

This series would totally eclipse season 1 if later on, she gets DPed by Velcoro and Semyon

Xevy

Log Wizard
I kind of think Vince Vaughn is Velcoro's kids Dad. Not like 100% believe, but AstroChuk believe. Maybe he set up Velcoro when he was good to murder that guy for him and then by having the dead body he had leverage to have his own personal cop on pay. Then ginger-kid was just a byproduct.