True Detective

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They really wanted to sell us on Frank being a good guy by the end.
Honestly VV did a pretty good job. I want to hate on him, I really do, but he really sold me the second half of the season. Being type cast is a difficult thing to shake, and for him to do it in such a way you have to give him credit. I'm not sure they wanted you to believe he was a "good guy" they made that clear with the white business man pleading for his life at the end. That was an underrated scene of the season IMO. It was a pretty slick way to portray Franks demise without making it feel too sudden.

I cant believe how many review sites and posters in general just totally discounted the diamonds in his suit pocket. And the Armenians most definitely set him up. The way the guy stuck out his hand and said "safe travels" was a dead give away. No fucking way those legumers just randomly hit him under an overpass in the middle of los angeles on some FBI type shit. No, they knew his movements via the dirty Armenians who sold him out after they figured out his "ship had come in".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly VV did a pretty good job. I want to hate on him, I really do, but he really sold me the second half of the season. Being type cast is a difficult thing to shake, and for him to do it in such a way you have to give him credit. I'm not sure they wanted you to believe he was a "good guy" they made that clear with the white business man pleading for his life at the end. That was an underrated scene of the season IMO. It was a pretty slick way to portray Franks demise without making it feel too sudden.

I cant believe how many review sites and posters in general just totally discounted the diamonds in his suit pocket. And the Armenians most definitely set him up. The way the guy stuck out his hand and said "safe travels" was a dead give away. No fucking way those legumers just randomly hit him under an overpass in the middle of los angeles on some FBI type shit. No, they knew his movements via the dirty Armenians who sold him out after they figured out his "ship had come in".
basically the entire season was a waste of time because everyone was corrupt and in cahoots with each other and our so called true detecives were just clueless as to what was going on. i can understand why mcadams and gaycop didnt know because they were from out of town, but ray was a detective with the vinci police for decades, he was a goon for VV's crime syndicate and he wasnt in the know about all this shit going down? why didnt he take mcadams and gaycop aside and say, "hey guys this is pointless because my police force is corrupt and will cover up anything provocative thats found." for christsakes at the beginning of the season burris, black dude and the rest took him aside and told him straight up. report to us and we want no surprises.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly VV did a pretty good job. I want to hate on him, I really do, but he really sold me the second half of the season.
I can't hate on his performance either, mostly because what do you do when your lines are so shitty? When I mentioned before that the season was written trying to make it sound like Rust again, almost all of that went towards Vaughn's lines.

My complaints with Vince Vaughn are that his character got way too much screen time (his shit dragged on), and his lines were awful. Neither of those things is the fault of the actor.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The nonstop references to Frank and his lady being "in this together" got to be a bit much.

We get it.... You love him for more than his money. We don't need another scene about it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Only weird thing is, if they did sell him out, why didn't the Mexicans grab the diamonds then? When he jumps the guy who wanted the suit they just stab him and strand him to die. I think there is a good chance they did sell him out, just weird they didn't nab the gems too. Mexicans could easily have had interests at the Russian meeting where Frank/Ray cleaned house. They must know Frank was losing influence to the Russians by then, likely spot to watch for him, and they're aware he's not the type to just lay down and be a subordinate. Could have picked up his trail from him and Ray capping that meeting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Only weird thing is, if they did sell him out, why didn't the Mexicans grab the diamonds then? When he jumps the guy who wanted the suit they just stab him and strand him to die. I think there is a good chance they did sell him out, just weird they didn't nab the gems too. Mexicans could easily have had interests at the Russian meeting where Frank/Ray cleaned house. They must know Frank was losing influence to the Russians by then, likely spot to watch for him, and they're aware he's not the type to just lay down and be a subordinate. Could have picked up his trail from him and Ray capping that meeting.
the jews were the diamond merchants and the armenians were the fake ID merchants?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the jews were the diamond merchants and the armenians were the fake ID merchants?
This is true. Damn I went Astro. I did think they knew something was up when discussing his exit plans though, but good point. Fucked up for them to turn on him considering he tossed them an extra half mil, didn't he?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is true. Damn I went Astro. I did think they knew something was up when discussing his exit plans though, but good point. Fucked up for them to turn on him considering he tossed them an extra half mil, didn't he?
i think he promised an extra 500k when he arrived at his destination. he was suspicious of them doing what it looks like they ended up doing.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
i think he promised an extra 500k when he arrived at his destination. he was suspicious of them doing what it looks like they ended up doing.
He also immediately overpaid for their initial services (guns, cars, passports, etc) by around 500k if I remember correctly, in that last scene with them together.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You braindead mongoloid mouthbreathers, you don't deserve this show. You're simply too stupid for it. Stick to reruns of Magnum P.I. and L&O: SVU. Maybe Dick Wolf can shit out his 17th paint-by-numbers police procedural to you so you can turn off what's left of your brain, to save that important processing power for basic body functions like breathing and not invest the handful of neurons required to follow the plot in True Detective.

Or maybe Bruckheimer and Zuiker can shit out more CSI derivatives for retards like you, god knows Daltrey and Townshend can use a couple extra The Who royalty checks.

Just about everything in TD made sense, just about every line made sense, just about every motivation made sense. Just like Season 1 - this show was never about the actual mystery. The mystery is simply the pretext for kicking off a journey for several people, and this show is about the journey, not about the "whodunit" - and if you can't understand that, go watch reruns of Murder, She Wrote

Fuck you.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Was about to read Araysar's post but was distracted by his sexy avatar. Such beauty. Such passion.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I rewatched Prometheus a few more times and im forced to conclude that it is a bad movie

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
VV dumps out enough guns to start a revolution, and for some reason has nothing on him in the car except for a pee shooter ankle piece, which he doesn't even get to use. Velcoro grabs a shotgun (a useless weapon unless you're up close on people) instead of any of the fifty assault rifles in the room. As shitty and pointless as the entire season had been up to that point, I was hoping at least the two of them would go out in an epic final battle. Has got to be the most disappointing finale in television history. It makes the Seinfeld finale look like a masterpiece by comparison.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I Enjoyed the entire season but was let down on the finale. I didnt like Rays premonition coming true, and the fact that everyone died along with all money/diamonds being lost. Ray driving into the woods out of every other option was stupid

From where he was shot at, doesnt it take hours getting to woodland areas like that down south? it actually looked more like northern California to me.