True Detective

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Him or dad.
Or one of the "satanic" teens. Getting some Franklin Conspiracy meets West Memphis Three vibes. Teens seemed up to something though, maybe paid to kidnap for the sex ring unknowingly? Little girl being a junkie felon is in line with the Franklin vibe. Alot of those kids were doped up during captivity and led fucked up lives afterwards barely remembering the trauma.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first episode was really slow and kind of boring. Haven't watched the second episode yet.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
td.jpg

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
as someone who has only watched s1, is 3rd gonna be worse than 2nd? Based on the episodes so far. If so, I just might watch 2s then

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
as someone who has only watched s1, is 3rd gonna be worse than 2nd? Based on the episodes so far. If so, I just might watch 2s then

This series looks better than 2 so far. Season 2's worth watching just for Colin Farrell.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

There is no possible way the third season could be worse than the second. Nor is there any possible way it'll be better than the first.

I'd say watch season 2 if you're into hate watching shows that are supposed to be a thriller/drama but then turn into an unintentional comedy. It really is amazing, though some of the fun will be taken away by not having the forum experience in real time week to week watching people desperately try to rational the show into greatness.

Or watch season 2 if you're just as interested in the ups and downs of the showrunner and want to see that journey in chronological order and will enjoy season three better knowing he redeemed himself.

But if you're just wanting to watch something and enjoy it for what it is, season 2 is really bad. And while Colin Farrell's performance was one of the only aspects not so terrible people won't use it to say 'but at least' to defend the season, it was by no means great or even good enough to watch the entire season for.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
My guess is the sister is an Elizabeth Smart type abductee, brainwashed into some kind of cult or child bride community. That would explain why they only killed the brother.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Two eps in and this is already better than s2 by a longshot. I want to see more, which I could not say after even the second episode of s2.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Apparently there's a Behind the Scenes photo that (if real) spoils whodunit already, so mind what you click.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ali has this low frequency voice that really makes it hard for me to hear but still enjoying the show with the latest episode.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
still going strong, it has slowed down a bit, thats to be expected, best scene was old man ali thinking about the brown sedan and then he knows his young wife is talkin, but hes trying so hard hard not to look, if it's to reaffirm his crazy or to indulge in the moment, and his gun is right there and he's ready to go once his reality fades to zero.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, you know he had an M16 and 3 rifles under that tarp. Those KKona's are fucked.

• 1Worf

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
This season is way worse than season 2, I really dont even care about these guys. Bored out of my mind.

• 4EyeRoll
  • 4Picard
  • 2Seriously?
Reactions: 11 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like this season. It feels like just a good mystery. The first one had some super natural aspect we were all waiting for that never fucking showed. The second one just had way too many characters and was trying too much to be different. This is more like the first to me, but I know there's no demon boss at the end. And it's only like 2.5 characters if you count the wife, really. The time dilation shit is annoying, but I get it. They had to zazz it up somehow.

Enjoying it for sure.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is going to be some kind of fucked up twist involving Wayne and his memory problems. They revealed their hand this last episode, having him dispute that he even has a disease/problem.

Not only that but then they heavily suggested Wayne might be at least somewhat responsible for the father being wrongly convicted, which explains his visible anguish regarding the case.

Should be interesting to see how they frame the girls disappearance in regards to what Wayne currently knows, on top of what the viewer believes he remembers or has/had knowledge of.

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
They revealed their hand this last episode, having him dispute that he even has a disease/problem.
he wasn't disputing it, he said the doc couldn't definitively say what it was, and doc was like "i think we know what it is"

he wants a label to whats fucking up his mind, and i get that.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didnt the Dr. mention he "knew" what was ailing him? But he just didnt want to say?

I'll have to watch again.