True Detective

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I've said it before but Chuck's misunderstanding of basic plot elements are by far the most entertaining things in the TV threads.

I would pay good money to see him live tweet Twin Peaks.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"If you get the opportunity you should kill yourself." Rust delivering life lessons.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rustin Cohle is pretty much my hero except for fucking his partner's wife.

"I'm the person who needs counseling the least in this entire fucking state."

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
When she told Cohle why she did it my wife screamed out "Oh shit that bitch". Fucking COLD but deserving.

Cohle telling that lady to kill herself was amazing.

whole episode was great. COnfirms the Tuttle ideas in a sense. Really plays into Chole being a vigilante. Kind of how we all thought it would play out

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beth is so fucking hot. I expect gifs within the hour.

Also, hey look absolutely zero twists. It is almost like they are just showing us a fucking great story without cheap bullshit.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought this was a step backwards. I think the majority of us expected everything that happened in this episode.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Or so you think....

I hate waiting every week for this show.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I think the majority of us expected everything that happened in this episode.
The interesting story? The incredible acting? The badass directing and cinematography? Maybe some sweet tits? Yeah, I've generally come to expect that from this show.

And they nailed it.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Point being that the story didn't really move forward in this episode. I guess one way or another they HAD to confirm what people suspected.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Point being that the story didn't really move forward in this episode. I guess one way or another they HAD to confirm what people suspected.
How did the story not move forward? The case isn't the whole story. The story is as much about these people and how their lives have unfolded over this period of time.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because, as I said, we already knew this was happening. All of this was assumed on page 3 of this thread.

No one is saying this isn't an incredible show. I fucking love it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
We didn't know they would hook up again in modern times. We didn't know for sure or exactly how the marriage would break up. We certainly didn't know as much about the schools and the girls/women as before.

Even if we did know these things 100%, they would still have to show it to us. Would you have preferred they skip those developments to move on to somewhere else? That would be absurd.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
We didn't know they would hook up again in modern times. We didn't know for sure or exactly how the marriage would break up. We certainly didn't know as much about the schools and the girls/women as before.

Even if we did know these things 100%, they would still have to show it to us. Would you have preferred they skip those developments to move on to somewhere else? That would be absurd.
You're right, I did forget about the conversation with the preacher.

awfal

Silver Knight of the Realm
How smart is Rust? He picked that girl out at the Bunny Ranch years ago. When they visit the bunny ranch back in '95, Marty gives the underage girl some money to set her life right. Rust asks him if it was a down payment much to Marty's annoyance. T-Mobile brought them full circle.

So lawnmower man = rapist #3? And that line from Tuttle about not being able to trust a man that can't trust himself with a beer, he's implying he knows Rust is an alchy?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
That interrogation scene was better tv than I have seen in years. All actors amazing. But I remember seeing Rust so angry with marty when he told the chick to use a condom, jsut the look on cogles face as he dismissed hart out of the room....fucking amazing work.