Votes: 209 56.9%
  • Hillary

Votes: 114 31.1%
  • Libertarian-Gary-Abstain

Votes: 44 12.0%

• Total voters

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Genuinely shocked at the trump numbers. How many of user voting trump because you actually think he'll be a good president , versus because u despise Hillary / hate the 'system' / just being a troll?
I think Hillary will be an absolutely terrible president during whose reign we will see more widening of the wealth gap, a decrease in quality in healthcare , and the top 10-20% of taxpayers punished to sate the poorer/stupid masses, while wall street /0.1%ers continue to get wealthier. I also expect to see some shady foreign policy and worsened relations with certain powers like Russia. But probably strengthening ties to Saudi Arabia and the like.

With trump, I see a guy who will be up at night having Twitter fights with ru paul or whoever the fuck else, while spending four years bitching about how 'gubmen' blocked his mighty wall. Being completely inexperienced in politics I can see smarter/savvier people easily manipulating his ego and keeping him occupied with trivial bullshit meanwhile the powers that be will orchestrate whatever the fuck they want. And what frightens me is I have no idea who those people will be, and we may never know.

Faced with these spectacular choices, have to vote with hillary

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Trump's already said he would stop using twitter when he wins. And we mainly want him to destroy the lying media. It's there most crucial issue.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Genuinely shocked at the trump numbers. How many of user voting trump because you actually think he'll be a good president , versus because u despise Hillary / hate the 'system' / just being a troll?
I think Hillary will be an absolutely terrible president during whose reign we will see more widening of the wealth gap, a decrease in quality in healthcare , and the top 10-20% of taxpayers punished to sate the poorer/stupid masses, while wall street /0.1%ers continue to get wealthier. I also expect to see some shady foreign policy and worsened relations with certain powers like Russia. But probably strengthening ties to Saudi Arabia and the like.

With trump, I see a guy who will be up at night having Twitter fights with ru paul or whoever the fuck else, while spending four years bitching about how 'gubmen' blocked his mighty wall. Being completely inexperienced in politics I can see smarter/savvier people easily manipulating his ego and keeping him occupied with trivial bullshit meanwhile the powers that be will orchestrate whatever the fuck they want. And what frightens me is I have no idea who those people will be, and we may never know.

thats why you are shocked.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Let me rephrase/expand for clarity. Your thesis, unless I misunderstood it, is that the Democratic Party is alienating its 'intellectual base' by pandering to the so called SJW, and that, as a reaction to this pandering and the perceived lunacy of these SJW, the 'intellectual base' is voting for Trump. The absurdity of this logic though is that while the so called 'intellectual base' of the Democratic Party probably does not perceive today's world as the SJW do and probably does not envision an ideal world in the same way SJW do and consequently do not share with them the same 'to do' list to go from today's world to this ideal world, the 'intellectual base' probably shares with SJW the vision of what a nightmarish world would be.

SJW possibly think we are in that nightmarish world of sexism, racism, homophobia, patriarchy, oligarchy, xenophobia, etc, etc and this mythical 'intellectual base' of the Democratic Party probably think things are not perfect on these fronts, but that the nightmare is pretty far away. Trump is undoubtedly the nightmare candidate for SJW and having him as president undoubtedly would move the needle toward (or deeper in - for SJW) the shared nightmare. So, really, voting for Trump is voting for a world where SJW are more right, something that is pretty unlikely to soften their rethoric and, as such, is pretty counterproductive for this 'intellectual base.'

Now though it is possible that the self-titled 'intellectual base' is in fact the 'not too clever base.' As far as I am concerned, anyone claiming intellectual superiority for voting for Trump can be safely stored alongside the people who create non-ironic "checkmate atheists" memes...

I'm not sure we're on the same page.

Maybe the fact that you put intellectual base in quotes like 50 times is a hint that the base of the Dems isn't intellectual, doesn't contain intellectuals, or that I am not one of them.

Fair enough.

But Chesty Guevara and the other clowns you see in hoodies and face-masks on YouTube are not the intellectual base of the Dems. They are the toughs. The hoods. The slaves. The expendables. The Brownshirts. The fodder.

Hillary and Barack and Noam and George are members of the intellectual base of the Dems. And they have fucked up. They rolled a 1 on their D-20 INT roll and they fell for the self-loathing ID Politics gambit. It's a god damned shame, but it appears to be the reality of what has happened.

The Republican intellectuals have always been falling for the God Delusion since day one. Their fiscal and foreign policy tends to be mostly intelligent, but their social and philosophical policy has been Theist Retardism 101.

Be aware, my fine multi-lingual neutral friend, I voted for option 3. And to be perfectly clear, I am not voting for Johnson the man, I am voting for his Party. You won't see me telling people to vote for Trump. I am merely speculating as to why I feel I cannot vote for the Dems this go-round, like I usually do. I don't always vote Dem, but I have tended to in the past.

It is probably very similar, as Sadris says, to how Sebudai see's it. Both of us voted for Obama and both of us are currently disgusted by it. It's how Germans should feel about Merkel and Londoners should feel about Khan.

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Trump's already said he would stop using twitter when he wins. And we mainly want him to destroy the lying media. It's there most crucial issue.

He'll get into office and implement strong oversights on the media and we'll be well on our way to greatness.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider

What in the fuck?

So, Hillary will be a terrible president and 1) expand the wealth gap, 2) worsen relations with the only country other than us capable of ruining the planet, 3) negatively impact health care. But Trump will shitpost on Twitter and the "powers that be will orchestrate whatever the fuck they want." Therefore, vote Hillary?

Hmm. Yea, that sounds like what I'm hearing from my family, too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
He'll get into office and implement strong oversights on the media and we'll be well on our way to greatness.
No I'm 100% sure this won't happen. But he may ban any entity of the Executive branch (access to DOD/DOS/etc) from talking to a media org that lies about how some feral black was shot. Or how some girl was "raped". This shit should be criminal at this point. Charlotte NC was destroyed. You think those businesses are going to stick around after they receive their insurance check? Fuck no; why would they? They can move to a non-black neighborhood and not have to deal with annual riots due to some criminal getting shot. So CNN and MSNBC are not complicit into damning the non-criminal residents of Charlotte into the flight of jobs and tax revenue.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What in the fuck?

So, Hillary will be a terrible president and 1) expand the wealth gap, 2) worsen relations with the only country other than us capable of ruining the planet, 3) negatively impact health care. But Trump will shitpost on Twitter and the "powers that be will orchestrate whatever the fuck they want." Therefore, vote Hillary?

Hmm. Yea, that sounds like what I'm hearing from my family, too.

You half got at what I'm saying.
The evil you know is better than the evil you don't.
Hillary will be reliably shitty. 4 years of standard dem policies. Trump is above all a wild card. You think he will do all these amazing things. The reality is he will be ineffective, and we won't even know who is in charge and what their agendas are while we are too busy watching his reality star life unfold in the Oval Office.

Everyone remembers bill Clinton getting his knob polished on the side. No one gave two fucks about gradually peeling away glass -steagal until it shit all over our faces over a decade later. Likewise, trumps presidency will surely be filled with sensationalistic bullshit. And while the media trips over each other covering his latest foible, real shit will happen and get ignored.
Hillary may be squo but atleast the public debate will still be about political issues and not whether trumps penis is orange or not in a newly leaked video

Oh I should clarify - I'm gonna vote libertarian. I just know it's pointless. If I had to choose between hrc or trump or death, my order would be hrc > trump > death, all with very narrow margins

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Let me rephrase/expand for clarity. Your thesis, unless I misunderstood it, is that the Democratic Party is alienating its 'intellectual base' by pandering to the so called SJW, and that, as a reaction to this pandering and the perceived lunacy of these SJW, the 'intellectual base' is voting for Trump. The absurdity of this logic though is that while the so called 'intellectual base' of the Democratic Party probably does not perceive today's world as the SJW do and probably does not envision an ideal world in the same way SJW do and consequently do not share with them the same 'to do' list to go from today's world to this ideal world, the 'intellectual base' probably shares with SJW the vision of what a nightmarish world would be.

SJW possibly think we are in that nightmarish world of sexism, racism, homophobia, patriarchy, oligarchy, xenophobia, etc, etc and this mythical 'intellectual base' of the Democratic Party probably think things are not perfect on these fronts, but that the nightmare is pretty far away. Trump is undoubtedly the nightmare candidate for SJW and having him as president undoubtedly would move the needle toward (or deeper in - for SJW) the shared nightmare. So, really, voting for Trump is voting for a world where SJW are more right, something that is pretty unlikely to soften their rethoric and, as such, is pretty counterproductive for this 'intellectual base.'

Now though it is possible that the self-titled 'intellectual base' is in fact the 'not too clever base.' As far as I am concerned, anyone claiming intellectual superiority for voting for Trump can be safely stored alongside the people who create non-ironic "checkmate atheists" memes...

Why would it be counter productive? You're assuming that the power these idiots have is in their ideological fervor--that's wrong. Their strength is in their ideological adherence, not the zealous nature of it. In fact, nearly every time one of these ideologues is exposed to sunlight, the outrage is fairly extreme. And now as the really ridiculous stuff is ramping up on campuses, we're seeing it hit social networking more, we're seeing comics actively lampooning it (Not only in routines but also shows, like South Park). It's also become a much bigger point of discussion, even in so far as the national campaign.

If a situation is created where these little fascists feel like they have to become radical in order to fend off the imaginary specter of a lot of these ridiculous, near religious phantasms? That's a win right now. Because it will put them more in the spotlight. Which will be a great place to be as they are simultaneously robed them of a great deal of executive support they had through the DoJ and the DoE.

I think people who underestimate how angry people are starting to get over this creeping into the media, and their hobbies ect. As far as I'm concerned, anyone claiming the other side is "simply dumb" for being fucking mortified a meme has become the center of this election in a audacious and frankly frightening and shit attempt to turn it into a symbol of white nationalism? Can safely be filed under the ultra oblivious "this is only on the internet" camp. But hey, don't take my word for it; just keep ignoring those constant gains hard right parties are making in Europe for the first time in decades. It's okay, I'm sure all of this is fine. Keep blaming the stupidity of the other side for recoiling against the little maoists, it's working well.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Bernie 2016.

2097900d009b5f21d4c3b0998f7cf2c5dc7cc3a81265b2dd5d61be62ab8eae9a.jpg

• 3Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife was bewildered while touring Dachau and asked "where did they find enough fucked up psychopaths to do all this shit" not considering they were normal people (as normal as germans can be) in particular circumstances. I guess it's pretty obvious it doesn't take much to push someone into psycho/sociopath territory when we're having this dumbass debate and Germans have apparently reached a statute of limitations on feeling guilty for being the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. Equivocating that we didn't like communists and mentioning them first as a holocaust target is next level denial idiocy as well.

How does your wife feel about the US Cavalry that shot to death little Indian children in the 19th century to make Lebensraum for the United States?

Or did she conveniently only learn about other countries' genocides?

And it is you who brought up the genocide thing. I'm sure you meant to equate "Half moon cave men" with *all* muslims, not just the terrorists that can't live in peace?

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
People are forgetting that the entire world wanted Jews "gone" in some capacity or form.

Jews became their excuse and a scapegoat for their just cause.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I'm not sure we're on the same page.

Maybe the fact that you put intellectual base in quotes like 50 times is a hint that the base of the Dems isn't intellectual, doesn't contain intellectuals, or that I am not one of them.

Fair enough.

But Chesty Guevara and the other clowns you see in hoodies and face-masks on YouTube are not the intellectual base of the Dems. They are the toughs. The hoods. The slaves. The expendables. The Brownshirts. The fodder.

Hillary and Barack and Noam and George are members of the intellectual base of the Dems. And they have fucked up. They rolled a 1 on their D-20 INT roll and they fell for the self-loathing ID Politics gambit. It's a god damned shame, but it appears to be the reality of what has happened.

The Republican intellectuals have always been falling for the God Delusion since day one. Their fiscal and foreign policy tends to be mostly intelligent, but their social and philosophical policy has been Theist Retardism 101.

Be aware, my fine multi-lingual neutral friend, I voted for option 3. And to be perfectly clear, I am not voting for Johnson the man, I am voting for his Party. You won't see me telling people to vote for Trump. I am merely speculating as to why I feel I cannot vote for the Dems this go-round, like I usually do. I don't always vote Dem, but I have tended to in the past.

It is probably very similar, as Sadris says, to how Sebudai see's it. Both of us voted for Obama and both of us are currently disgusted by it. It's how Germans should feel about Merkel and Londoners should feel about Khan.
Yes yes yes.

I come from a straight laced hippie household. No pot, no sexual revolution, just NPR.

I tend to vote democrat because that's how I was raised (ye olde South/anti-Cuban republicans). I am Cuban by the way. Born of Spanish, Italian and Scottish stock. Don't know if it's typical rebellion or what, but I have never felt comfortable calling myself a dixie democrat. I did not vote for Obama during the first election cos I was in England. Voted for him the second time. Based on everything that has gone down, I said I was going to vote Republican this time around. Then Cruz, Rubio and Kasich came and I noped right out. Maybe Bernie. Maybe Stein. Maybe Johnson. No.

Trump it is.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
lol, I'd like to believe everyone said Trump just because they trollin.

No way the majority of people who post here are brain dead mongoloids, right?

cringe

• 3Solidarity