Bodger

Silver Knight of the Realm
The sad part is they shutdown Justin.tv
frown.png
Whenever I was in a jam for some entertainment Jtv was there...sad to see it go

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
But on Rerolled? I guess I really didn't expect that here. Twitch must be a little more niche than I thought.
I should say that I am far from the typical rerolled member these days. I haven't played video games of any kind since I quit Everquest in 2008. I have bought like 5 console games and one PC game since then but none of them have been played for more than two hours. When my PS3 died i had two games still in their original cellophane that I had owned for 6+ months. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. Occasionally I have a nostalgic moment about the original Call of Duty or Civilization but then when I load up the game I last 5 minutes and realize that I don't have enough time or desire to do this at any reasonable level and go play Microsoft Solitaire instead.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I should say that I am far from the typical rerolled member these days. I haven't played video games of any kind since I quit Everquest in 2008. I have bought like 5 console games and one PC game since then but none of them have been played for more than two hours. When my PS3 died i had two games still in their original cellophane that I had owned for 6+ months. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. Occasionally I have a nostalgic moment about the original Call of Duty or Civilization but then when I load up the game I last 5 minutes and realize that I don't have enough time or desire to do this at any reasonable level andgo play Microsoft Solitaire instead.
I understood everything you were saying until this. That's just depressing, man.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watch Twitch more than I watch TV by far. It's some on the order of 80% Twitch to 20% TV watching. It might even be more lopsided than that.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From what I have heard, the biggest revenue stream for streamers is actually donations. Girls with big tits and 1000 viewers often make more than guys with 20000 viewers, because the girls get large donations. A guy might get a $2 donation when a girl might get $50. And then you get those crazy people who donate four figures to a girl on the internet.
You don't even need big tits you just need a vagina. Hafu rakes in a ton of money from donations but she's a cute Asian girl who is actually really good at the games she plays.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I understood everything you were saying until this. That's just depressing, man.
It is. I should say though, that I don't really do it for entertainment, it's just something I do while I'm watching TV to keep me from either falling asleep or starting to read something on my computer and tuning out the TV show.

Column_sl

shitlord
Women on twitch that are just going off there tits with no other gimmick get an initial surge of 500 viewers ,but never really go over that.
They have to make it a show before they get real viewership much like Kaceytron, LegendaryLea, Alinity etc.

So in a sense they have it easy at the start , but struggle much more then there male counterparts when it comes to putting together a real subscription base on Twitch.

BTW since Twitch is down, I went over to Hitbox to see what that was all about. It's pretty good

Neph_sl

shitlord
Personally, I wouldn't really watch a streamer if they weren't at least better than me at the game. If you've got a personality and not just a potato, I'll watch for more than 10 seconds. I couldn't care less if you're a girl or a guy or somewhere in between.

But if you do cool things on stream like cosplay asKripparian,Sylvanas, orJaina, then maybe I'll toss you a few bucks.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
it makes me sad when she tells me all about some retard playing Space Quest, and when I offer to install it on her laptop and let her play she just rolls her eyes and says I don't get it
Fuck I loved Space Quest as a kid, but I would not want to play that shit now.

Put stone in hole
Put stone in round hole
Put round stone in round hole
HORRIBLE GRUESOME DEATH

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I watch Twitch more than I watch TV by far. It's some on the order of 80% Twitch to 20% TV watching. It might even be more lopsided than that.
Why? What is so interesting about seeing someone play a video game? Im not gonna lie its bordering on jimmy rustling to see the money people make off of Twitch for simply sitting around playing wow or lol. Tournaments? I can see that but just random person_01 playing? The hell is the appeal to that?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They are more than players, entertainers. You don't watch them "just" play, you watch them to entertain you, interact through chat, stretch the limits of the game. I'm not big on memes, especially when they have life of about an hour before they get obnoxious, but many apparently do, kappa faces and so on.

And sometimes, you just want to see a 320*240 cleavage.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Why? What is so interesting about seeing someone play a video game? Im not gonna lie its bordering on jimmy rustling to see the money people make off of Twitch for simply sitting around playing wow or lol. Tournaments? I can see that but just random person_01 playing? The hell is the appeal to that?
What is the appeal to watching game shows on TV? Why watch Soaps? Why watch all the scripted reality bullshit? Why do you watch anything else on TV really? In reality (aside from tournaments) for me I watch for two reasons, either they are better than me and I want to learn something or they are entertaining. I cannot play a game and nothing else. I usually have the TV on/music and a stream on the 2nd monitor at minimum.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's just entertainment. When I was playing more MMO's I would have one running while I was raiding. Sometimes it's just background noise, I'm not a huge fan of just listening to music continuously.

For the Esports stuff it's godlike. I would never be able to see a whole season of Street Fighter, or Marvel back in the day. Now I can watch players compete all the way up to EVO, and it makes it way more exciting when you have a favorite you are rooting for.

I hate TV. There might be one ,or two shows that garner my interest the rest is just reality shows, and dramas. I could give a shit about other people's problems.
I'll take the Weird Al UHF cable access programming of Twitch over that shit any day.