Twitch.tv

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sleeper GTArp fav is BFLY aka Cheryl. Started watching her last night after Moon logged off. She is super quick witted and and always saying funny shit. She also communicates well with chat which alot of the top RP characters fail to do.

Also started watching Koil who owns the nopixel server. Great character who low key runs the city (unironically). He is also involved in alot of great storylines making him a fun POV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'm LOVING this influx of big streamers to RP because they end up dropping massive hosts on the good/funny RP'ers too who have been stuck hovering around 1k regular viewers for the last year or more, which in turn massively increases their exposure and gives them the viewers they deserve. Milton shot up to averaging 5k the last few nights. also he went from I think 53k followers to nearly 70k followers in 24 or 36 hours.

Also Kiki and Edna were hilarious. I'd post a clip but I think new forum upgrade is fucking the link on embeds. Keeps just going to his main channel instead of the clip

Last edited:
  • 1Hodjing

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Twitch changed something today and ads are beating uBlock. Is this the end of my Twitch watching finally?
Yeah, saw my first ad yesterday with Edge browser. No blockers ever installed, so they tweaked something.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Looks like they rolled out that system of embedding ads directly into the stream, explains why a number of people are getting ads now.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Lirik hitting 80k+ today. You just know the big studios are pulling out there hair trying to figure out how to cash in on this, but it seems like a lightning in a bottle situation.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like they rolled out that system of embedding ads directly into the stream, explains why a number of people are getting ads now.
Yea, I am seeing that now. Though its just as I go to the streamer for the first time... I see the little message in the upper left corner saying "xxx will be back shortly. this ad supports them". Not sure if the streamer opted in for this or not, but I've never seen ads on some of the channels (even when they do take a break, they don't run ads) I've now seen the intro ad on.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Yea Twitch is dead to me I guess - Chrome/uBlock Origin is 2-4 pre-roll adds every time you click on a new stream.
If you're on PC try using Streamlink + Streamlink Twitch GUI. Streams Twitch through VLC (or whatever media player you setup) rather than a browser and it may avoid embedded ads.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Getting intro ads now despite ublock & noscript. Been reading reports of people using streamlink and others are getting them too, so they went with those embedded ads we were hearing about a while ago.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Getting intro ads now despite ublock & noscript. Been reading reports of people using streamlink and others are getting them too, so they went with those embedded ads we were hearing about a while ago.
On chrome without any ads leaking through yet, here's my blocked list from ScriptSafe so compare with yours?

supervisor.ext-twitch.tv
imasdk.googleapis.com
c.amazon-adsystem.com
ssl.google-analytics.com
cdn-gl.imrworldwide.com
sb.scorecardresearch.com
<WEBBUG> (2)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
On chrome without any ads leaking through yet, here's my blocked list from ScriptSafe so compare with yours?

supervisor.ext-twitch.tv
imasdk.googleapis.com
c.amazon-adsystem.com
ssl.google-analytics.com
cdn-gl.imrworldwide.com
sb.scorecardresearch.com
<WEBBUG> (2)

I have everything defaulted to be blocked, with only two scripts enabled on twitch that are required for it to work. twitch.tv and twitcdn.

These ads not only looked to be embedded into the stream, but there was none of the usual loading interruption that you see when an ad loads.

I'm sure a fix will be available within the week.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea these are embedded directly in to the stream somehow - I've found no way so far to actually block them.