Twitch.tv

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone else really not entertained by RP? I usually watch Lirik because I like variety streams and his night streams, both of which he hasn't done in ages. He GTA RP is just boring to watch. He's cancelled the last 2 or 3 sub sundays as well to play GTA RP or Apex. BR is boring so shit to watch too. Who gets a prime sub?? Probably a PoE streamer...

• 1Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Soo twitch's new ads are "undetectable" they said(You won't tell the difference from when its stream/ad etc etc)

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXT-X-VERSION:3
#EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:5
#EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:0
#EXT-X-TWITCH-ELAPSED-SECS:28232.000
#EXT-X-TWITCH-TOTAL-SECS:28242.010
#EXT-X-DATERANGE:ID="stitched-ad-[REDACTED]-[REDACTED]",CLASS="twitch-stitched-ad",START-DATE="2019-03-20T05:17:07.821Z",DURATION=15.164,X-TV-TWITCH-AD-ROLL-TYPE="PREROLL",X-TV-TWITCH-AD-POD-LENGTH="2",X-TV-TWITCH-AD-POD-POSITION="0",X-TV-TWITCH-AD-URL="https://www.hersheys.com/icebreakers/en_us/home.html"
#EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY
#EXT-X-SCTE35-OUT:URL="https://www.hersheys.com/icebreakers/en_us/home.html"
#EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME:2019-03-20T05:17:07.821Z
#EXTINF:2.002,[REDACTED]-01-02-2019-23.49.14
https://video-edge-7e9300.sea01.abs.hls.ttvnw.net/v1/segment/[REDACTED].ts
#EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME:2019-03-20T05:17:09.822999999Z
#EXTINF:2.002,[REDACTED]-01-02-2019-23.49.14
https://video-edge-7e9300.sea01.abs.hls.ttvnw.net/v1/segment/[REDACTED].ts
#EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME:2019-03-20T05:17:11.824999998Z

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, well... You aren't a teenager who doesn't give a shit why things work. All they wanna see is the views and likes.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My issue with the new ad system is that it's only pulling 1080p > video files .. I can't watch videos at the resolution, so have to figure out ways around it..

I really don't care I just found it funny that twitch was all high and mighty about there new, stitch system but it's just the same damn thing they've been using for years, it's just more streamlined now.

Cybsled

Timthetatman tweeted about ads getting shadow run on his channel w/o him running them himself. Other large streamers are reporting the same. Twitch trying to run their own ads to make more money?

Kind of a shitty thing to do, since ads while streaming don't account for stuff going on. It would be like watching a football game and during a pass to the end zone, it starts to play a commercial for a shitty game you don't care about and you miss the play because the action is still going on while the ad runs.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't had an ad in years with chrome / ublock + prime subscription. Even after you guys started talking about getting them. Yday I got one add on a small GTARP stream when I switched to it. Haven't had one since.

I'm thinking they may just be fucking around and testing shit. Hammer may be about to drop though.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
the ads are getting worse. ublock is better than adblock in blocking the ads, but not 100% perfect.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like there is a filter that could probably be added in manually that would catch them, I don't know how to go about figuring out what should be filtered though

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I started seeing ads on some channels but oddly swapping to theater mode and back cancelled it playing...

• 1Hodjing

rad

Lord of Guk
Twitch prime and use the app - never see ads. I thought they changed that?

I feel like you're all in another existence with these issues.

• 1Solidarity

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Twitch prime and use the app - never see ads. I thought they changed that?

I feel like you're all in another existence with these issues.

When your amazon prime renews next you will see ads with twitch prime again. Im in the same boat. No ads for now but once my prime renews again I wont have the old grandfather plan and ill start seeing ads again.

rad

Lord of Guk
When your amazon prime renews next you will see ads with twitch prime again. Im in the same boat. No ads for now but once my prime renews again I wont have the old grandfather plan and ill start seeing ads again.

I thought so too but I renew monthly if I recall correctly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone else really not entertained by RP? I usually watch Lirik because I like variety streams and his night streams, both of which he hasn't done in ages. He GTA RP is just boring to watch. He's cancelled the last 2 or 3 sub sundays as well to play GTA RP or Apex. BR is boring so shit to watch too. Who gets a prime sub?? Probably a PoE streamer...
Definitely not alone. Also doesn't help that people like Lirik, Summit, etc I don't really enjoy watching. Watching them just play the latest and greatest games because they know it's $$$ is really boring too.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I love Summit but his GTA RP is dull.
Young dab > *

summit is good to watch when they are doing a job in which they'll have to run from cops, because he's becoming one of the better drivers on the server, but ya he's generally pretty boring rp