Twitch.tv

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone done streaming to Twitch via PS4? If so, what would you recommend as the minimum upstream speed for a decent/smooth stream?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Like the in-system twitch streaming? Or via capture?

The in system one has a couple options only I thought, 720p and frame rate?

If with capture I always do between 6kbps and 8kbps for PC

Edit: oh you asked speed. 720p you really want a few Mbps

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like the in-system twitch streaming? Or via capture?

The in system one has a couple options only I thought, 720p and frame rate?

If with capture I always do between 6kbps and 8kbps for PC

Edit: oh you asked speed. 720p you really want a few Mbps
I'd use the in-system option. My upload with this DSL is about 1MB, not sure what that equates to in Mbps, but its probably not enough.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Debated making a new thread for "other live streaming platforms" but will just post here and mods can decide.

News of the week is Pewdiepie contracting with Dlive.
DLive · Live Stream on Blockchain

Rubbing his nose at Youtube/Twitch - for now.

Dlive is built on the Lino blockchain, which sounds sketchy to me:
Lino Points

There are some corrections that need to be made here.
  1. You are correct about the seed money. All current payouts and salary and operating costs are coming from the $20 million seed money and from people that buy Lino directly. Discord was started the same way and eventually sustained itself through an optional subscription service.
  2. DLive is an ad-less platform. There are no plans to generate revenue using ads.
  3. DLive doesn't take a cut. The 9.9% taken from every donation is distributed as daily rewards to Lino wallets that have "locked" their Lino points.
  4. Lino isn't a mineable currency, but you can run your own validation node and help process transactions: lino-network/testnets
Dlive originally wanted to run the whole service peer-to-peer, but currently they are hosting it off of AWS.
LINO was very smart about how they created their service. To become a partner, you are required to "lock" 2000 Lino from your wallet. This introduces users to the concept of "locking" points. Anyone that has locked points will receive a portion of the 9.9% LINO taken from every donation. The amount that these users receive is based on the total number of locked Lino and the total amount of Lino put in the daily "rewards pool" from that 9.9% of each donation.
This is an inflation concept, similar to what Steem has. The reward payout is based on how much Lino is locked and how many donations are being made. They want to get users to continually keep locking in their Lino (with the temptation that they will be getting a larger cut of the daily rewards), when the truth is that users will have to keep up with inflation over time by locking more and more Lino for the same general payout. This way, they trap users into locking all their profits from donations to keep up with inflation and this reduces the overall amount off Lino they need to payout until much further down the road (once they have enough users that people purchasing new Lino can cover the costs of payouts).
Its not a scam. Its not a "ponzi" scheme. Its success will be determined by the ability to grow the service enough to keep it relevant and to get people to pay for Lino.
Maybe it will be successful. Maybe it will fail. In the meantime, you can just collect your payouts as you go so there is no risk. Just be careful about how much Lino you 'lock', because all of that would be lost if they shut down sometime in the future.

The guy says "not a ponzi scheme" but sure sounds like 1 to me lol.

I don't know if this is going to open up even more spin-off streaming services, but the fact you got Pewdiepie endorsing it means it'll be a player - at least for the short term.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't think Pewdiepie is big enough to pull away revenue from Twitch and Youtube. They must be paying him well though.

Twitch is super easy to use and get paid from. I hit the "Go Live" button in SLOBS and I'm up.

@1MB/s you might be ok, but you might as well try it and see what it looks like? That translates to 8Mbps btw - 1Byte=8bits

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Debated making a new thread for "other live streaming platforms" but will just post here and mods can decide.

News of the week is Pewdiepie contracting with Dlive.
DLive · Live Stream on Blockchain

Rubbing his nose at Youtube/Twitch - for now.

Dlive is built on the Lino blockchain, which sounds sketchy to me:
Lino Points

The guy says "not a ponzi scheme" but sure sounds like 1 to me lol.

I don't know if this is going to open up even more spin-off streaming services, but the fact you got Pewdiepie endorsing it means it'll be a player - at least for the short term.

Is this the thing Ice Poseidon is involved in? If so...

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

his best one right now. The scammer is losing it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
MikeTheBard is playing GTA5 RP + twitch sings at the same time. He's nuts. Busted out a guitar solo IRL while singing over game. Love it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I've noticed lately that twitch streams have the load buffer size at ~3 seconds instead of the prior 1-2 seconds I had before, is this a twitch setting or something we all have to live with now? Kind of annoying to have chat delayed by a couple extra seconds.