Twitch.tv

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And they wont tell him which approved emote got him banned.
Its 2020, did he think those emotes wouldn't cause some issue with the SJW white knights at Twitch? They were all auto approved apparently, so it took a bit of time before someone got triggered and set the ban in motion.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And they wont tell him which approved emote got him banned.
GEDiKqv.png

Want to know how to ruin your career?

• 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Those emotes are ridiculous. But if you as a company have an "auto approval" mechanism for such things it's completely ridiculous to then ban users for something that should have never been approved in the first place.

Twitch isn't known as being a reasonable business entity though so...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
It actually takes like 3-10 days to get an emote approved for the most part. I don't think it's automatic. When they added affiliates they got swarmed by emote applications so everything went from basically overnight to standard ground delivery speed.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It actually takes like 3-10 days to get an emote approved for the most part. I don't think it's automatic. When they added affiliates they got swarmed by emote applications so everything went from basically overnight to standard ground delivery speed.
There is a certain point at which that is no longer true, and your emotes get auto approved. It's some level of partner, but who knows what

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
  • 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The thing with YouTube is it's a pain in the ass to find live streams. They mix them all in with the pre-recorded stuff. They really need to spin-off the live streams to a separate site.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

There is a certain point at which that is no longer true, and your emotes get auto approved. It's some level of partner, but who knows what

Thanks for being successful and making us tons of money. In order to congratulate you we're going to auto-approve any new emotes. Also, we'll ban you if the emotes we approved get used and start getting complaints to cover our asses.

Seems like anybody who has an axe to grind with a major streamer who falls into this auto-approve category could target them if the mods in the channel are sleeping.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The thing with YouTube is it's a pain in the ass to find live streams. They mix them all in with the pre-recorded stuff. They really need to spin-off the live streams to a separate site.
Absolutely. They need either a different website or a massive ux/ui overhaul

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those emotes are ridiculous. But if you as a company have an "auto approval" mechanism for such things it's completely ridiculous to then ban users for something that should have never been approved in the first place.

Twitch isn't known as being a reasonable business entity though so...
how come? There's auto approval on pretty much everything you post on websites, it's a rare exception for stuff to get premoderated. For example your very post there was auto approved. Is it now the mods fault if you posted CP and had to get banned?

Auto approval works for around 99% of submitted emotes and works with a level of trust towards the streamers. If a streamer violates that trust, it's their own fault. They did the thing, their fault. Isn't that something that people complain about a lot lately, that people are unwilling to accept responsibility for what they've done? "It's auto approved, not my fault!" falls exactly into that line of misbehaviour imo.

Besides, even if they weren't auto-approved but manually checked, I wouldn't be surprised if someone who uploaded multiple emotes like that for manual approval would end up banned anyways, just because twitch doesn't want to deal with this shit.

And to quote the great Buck Turgidson - I don't think it's quite fair to condemn the whole program because of a single slip up, sir.

Khane

how come? There's auto approval on pretty much everything you post on websites, it's a rare exception for stuff to get premoderated. For example your very post there was auto approved. Is it now the mods fault if you posted CP and had to get banned?

Auto approval works for around 99% of submitted emotes and works with a level of trust towards the streamers. If a streamer violates that trust, it's their own fault. They did the thing, their fault. Isn't that something that people complain about a lot lately, that people are unwilling to accept responsibility for what they've done? "It's auto approved, not my fault!" falls exactly into that line of misbehaviour imo.

Besides, even if they weren't auto-approved but manually checked, I wouldn't be surprised if someone who uploaded multiple emotes like that for manual approval would end up banned anyways, just because twitch doesn't want to deal with this shit.

And to quote the great Buck Turgidson - I don't think it's quite fair to condemn the whole program because of a single slip up, sir.

I made this post. That is entirely my creation. Someone else creating an emote and submitting it for approval and then viewers using it... none of which is your own content or creation are two totally different things.

I mean, those emotes literally could have come from anywhere. Has anyone said where the emotes came from and who the submitter was? If he was the one who actually created and submitted the emotes then sure... he has no excuse. But twitch emotes can come from any channel since anyone subbed to a specific channel can use those emotes anywhere they want (as I understand it).

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have not seen anything that indicates it was anyone other than Kordell who uploaded the emotes to twitch. It doesn't matter whether they are his own work but someone elses, he clicked "browse" and selected the images and then uploaded them.

If that is indeed the case that Kordell got banned for emotes *someone else* uploaded, because they were spammed in his channel that's just pure insanity.

Khane

Well then nevermind. I got sucked into the sensationalism of the article linked. Carry on.