Twitch.tv

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
uBlock Origin, uBlock Origin Extra, and if you want to get even more granular control you can try uMatrix as well. The last one can take a while to get working on some sites as you need to go through and selectively unblock other domains (sorta like noScript) until it works well enough for you.

Another thing Twitch might be doing is emulating Youtube/Facebook and hosting ads directly from through their domain so blocking traditional ad hosts won't work as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
some of these IRL streams are pretty comedy with how nutty japan goes for halloween

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Seriously, do you plebs not know about uBlock? Twitch hasn't come up with an ad that gets through it in their entire history.

What I use, twitch goes along fine with no ads for a few weeks. Then one day ads, then the next day no ads for a month.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont have that trouble but I use uBlock and every now and then there will be an ad that comes around that doesnt get blocked. More recently it was some 'we put boxing gloves on some fighting game pros and they still beat the shit out of some noobs' shit. It would block every ad twitch tried to play except this one.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I've been getting ads the past week or so when usually they're filtered. I blame it on the french filter being shit though so I still get french ads going through. It's not super consistent however.

As long as they don't play ads too often/in the middle of shit I don't mind that much though.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I use uBlock Origin and I've had ads for the last week or two now. But I think I'm stuck on Twitch Beta.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Forsen just doesn't give a fuck.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't use uBlock, use uBlock Origin

That's what I'm using, and updated the filters a bunch of times but still getting adds since about a week ago, generally when opening a new stream, but not always. It's annoying when I'm opening a bunch of streams to check what build people are playing and get ads on all of them like early last week, but today for example it seemed to be 1 every 5streams, so at this point it's kinda whatever.

Also they don't do this stupid annoying shit they used to where you couldn't cut the sound properly for the ads and shit, so I just alt tab and wait it out when it happens.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Anyone else get the $10 amazon card for the 10 minute or so survey email from twitch? It is legit and was easy to do. Just curious how common it was.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Still using StreamLink and VLC Player... What ads ? hahaha benefits' of pulling straight from the encoding servers..

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't complain about the titty streamers or you'll get suspended now. lol

They banned lirk's lirikClench emote too.

tYgMR2i.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had a blast from the past when I saw WarWitch on the front page tonight, totally thought he dropped off the face of the planet after TsN disappeared. Single best RTCW caster ever though I kind of wish a lot of the old TsN and Radio iTG shoutcasters would do some group streams now.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
God I wish twitch had some real competition. Whatever they've been doing has really fucked performance. On my last PC I was able to have like 4 streams running smooth like butter. Nowadays on a top end PC if I even have two streams going one of em will hitch. So fucking annoying.

Needless

Toe Sucker
justice for the ape!
down with the titty streamers and white knights!

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users