Twitch.tv

Mick

<Gold Donor>
This worked for me:

"If you use Ublock Origin, by adding "amazon-adsystem.com" to the "My filters" in list fixed it for me (and hundreds of others) right away. Should look like this under the "My filters" tab: "

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Only time I was seeing Ads since the change was when first clicking certain streams (only big-name streamers, it seemed). Not happening now so I assume it worked.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I started getting ads this morning, did the above and no more ads

Fadaar

That guy
saw an ad for the first time in years and saw this thread poppin' off, thanks bros. ended up installing the alt viewer.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The high-profile streamer implied that he's being asked to keep silent by a "process" that he's being made to go through, and continued to elaborate after receiving a donation from a viewer calling themselves a long-time "active duty Master Chief," implying they're a gamer from the US military. Doc started talking about a metaphor between he and an experienced soldier by asking viewers to imagine the Navy getting rid of a star soldier who would become Master Chief, replacing him with three new soldiers because the Master Chief figure was going to have a money-draining salary. The new soldiers or "cadets" he mentions are likely a reference to Twitch's new big streamers with an exclusivity contract: Shroud, Ninja, and potentially Logic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

What I suspect

1) "Process that he's being made to go through" is probably referring to him still going through arbitration with Twitch
2) It is probably like most employer wrongful termination allegations in these situations: The employer (Twitch) is probably stating they had reasonable cause to terminate the contract under their contract with Doc, and Doc's side is probably arguing it was not reasonable and was in breach of the contract (ie, get out of paying him salary by creating some reason to terminate it so they can pay others potentially less)

The timing is suspect to be sure. When Twitch started to bleed big stars, Doc's signing was probably Twitch doing a panic signing - they didn't want to risk more top streamers abandoning the platform, so they backed up the Brinks truck. They signed a bunch of other larger streamers to contracts around that time as well. Once Mixer died, the biggest threat in terms of poaching was gone (Mixer was the closest approximation to Twitch, Facebook and Youtube streaming sort of served different markets). This made Doc's contract a potential albatross around their necks in regards to profitability and it also set a benchmark for what other top streamers could potentially demand, so cutting his giant contract and basically using that to fund multiple large contracts (I can almost guarantee Ninja and Shroud got less than what Doc got) makes sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What I suspect

1) "Process that he's being made to go through" is probably referring to him still going through arbitration with Twitch
2) It is probably like most employer wrongful termination allegations in these situations: The employer (Twitch) is probably stating they had reasonable cause to terminate the contract under their contract with Doc, and Doc's side is probably arguing it was not reasonable and was in breach of the contract (ie, get out of paying him salary by creating some reason to terminate it so they can pay others potentially less)

The timing is suspect to be sure. When Twitch started to bleed big stars, Doc's signing was probably Twitch doing a panic signing - they didn't want to risk more top streamers abandoning the platform, so they backed up the Brinks truck. They signed a bunch of other larger streamers to contracts around that time as well. Once Mixer died, the biggest threat in terms of poaching was gone (Mixer was the closest approximation to Twitch, Facebook and Youtube streaming sort of served different markets). This made Doc's contract a potential albatross around their necks in regards to profitability and it also set a benchmark for what other top streamers could potentially demand, so cutting his giant contract and basically using that to fund multiple large contracts (I can almost guarantee Ninja and Shroud got less than what Doc got) makes sense.

This sounds reasonable.

I hope Twitch gets fucked royally.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users