Twitch.tv

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I get that you have to put up with the memes and the shit people on your stream, but its nothing more than a job, 6-7 hours a day is not even full time job at that. These fuck sticks are lucky as fuck to be making huge bank doing nothing more than playing games and reading chat every once in a while from the comfort of his villa somewhere sitting in his $2000 sponsored chair on his $10,000 sponsored PCs. I also get that its more than just playing games, etc, but still come on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
post-40685-woody-harrelson-money-crying-g-PX7J.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
The funny thing about all those more popular young streamers and not being able to deal with it — none of them have worked a real job before lmao

How can you appreciate your position of making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for playing a video game 6-12 hours a day 5 days a week, without actually having any form of pressure like actual professional gamers.. if you've never experienced what a "real" job is?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The funny thing about all those more popular young streamers and not being able to deal with it — none of them have worked a real job before lmao

How can you appreciate your position of making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for playing a video game 6-12 hours a day 5 days a week, without actually having any form of pressure like actual professional gamers.. if you've never experienced what a "real" job is?

I love when they use the ol' "if you're not a streamer you don't understand!" line.

I know Tim worked at Taco Bell and used to landscape, you can tell he appreciates all he has. Pretty sure Moon was a pencil pusher of some sort, but he is still pretty new on Twitch. Still, he talks all the time about how fucking lucky he is.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
your example is a dude that has been streaming for a year, and a 27 year old guy that obviously has worked in his life. What? i was implying people like lirik, sodapoppin, asmongold, mitch etc.. you know, the people that were mentioned previously.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The fuck you talking about? Was clearly agreeing with you

Edit: Also Lirik, Like Moon and Tim is 27..

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, well that was a misread then.

poor 27 year old manchild lirik, your life is so hard. Pray 4 him :(

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
kinda blows my mind that probably a quarter or more of the people playing pubg are fucking six year old boys

wtf

• 1Worf

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He's probably just taking a break but for whatever reason twitch personalities need to be overly dramatic about everything they do. Probably because it generates them donations.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
How do gimmicky streamers do?

Like if I put on my best Canadian tuxedo, talked like my uncles (think Fargo accent), and said "fuckin' right, eh" a lot, would that sell? Maybe sit in a gaming chair draped with furs.

• 1Worf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
only one way to find out, make sure you shotgun some Molson Canadian everytime you win that PUBG game

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If streaming is so easy and carefree then how come you guys aren't all pulling 30k subs living the good life? It only consists of playing video games with a stream open for 6 hours a day. Hell, you should be pulling twice the big guys numbers since they've never worked a job and you have all that grueling real world experience to push you that extra mile.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If streaming is so easy and carefree then how come you guys aren't all pulling 30k subs living the good life? It only consists of playing video games with a stream open for 6 hours a day. Hell, you should be pulling twice the big guys numbers since they've never worked a job and you have all that grueling real world experience to push you that extra mile.

No one said its not hard to get into, just that once youre there its not a hard job to maintain, especially once youre pulling in six/seven digits a year for streaming 5/6/7 hours a day. Sure these fools were in the right place at the right time, some have charisma, some are funny, etc, no one is downplaying their success, were just laughing at "burn out" lul? Try a real fucking job 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week for 30 yrs pulling a fraction of the cash they are with stress, deadlines, the man looking over your shoulder. Ill take that job any day. Wake up with my underwear, stream some, make some memes, bitch at some chat, all from the comfort of my "streamer room" in my $600K mansion for a few hours a day.

From what I have learned once you are partnered you are pretty much guaranteed 40%- 50% of the sub cash. Some streamers, like the big ones have better deals, probably 60% or even more. And thats just the subs. I saw a Summit stream when he was playing PubG the first months and that fucker would get at least $500 from donations per hour if not more. Not every hour, but still. He even upped the donation value to $50 or more on some streams because it was pissing him off how many people were donating, and he jsut wanted to play the game. And still, even then, it continued just to piss him off. Wow, what a problem to have

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
kinda blows my mind that probably a quarter or more of the people playing pubg are fucking six year old boys

wtf

Yeah, but have you seen what six year old boys are wearing these days? Totally asking for it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker

But guys... why aren't you all multi million dollar lottery winners? it's so easy and carefree, it only consists of buying a ticket.

cmonnnnn bruh

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The time to start a Twitch stream was years ago. You're just pissing in to a waterfall at this point.

Unless you're some kind of already established pro at whatever game you have basically 0 chance of getting anywhere.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How do gimmicky streamers do?

Like if I put on my best Canadian tuxedo, talked like my uncles (think Fargo accent), and said "fuckin' right, eh" a lot, would that sell? Maybe sit in a gaming chair draped with furs.
I would bet money you would start raking in the CAD.
Streaming is a joke, getting big in it is like winning the lottery. None of the guys are truly funny and all of them are carbon copy over the top obnoxious assholes.

Basically find the next popular game and start streaming it while acting like a retard and you will rise to the top.

• 3Salty
  • 2Picard
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 5 users