Twitch.tv

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember Asmon saying Blizzard used to send out press kits or something to streamers, and they would never send him anything. I think he was telling Richie or Efsand about it. It's pretty clear they hate him even before the FFXIV stuff. This is the first time Blizzard has spoken publicly about it.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I hope Asmon quits WoW and stays in FF14 and takes a good chunk of the WoW population with him. Bliz are garbage tier devs now.

• 11Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hate him or love him its pretty fucking clear what he and his followers do to Blizzard, sell more subs. And for some manager fuckstick to tweet that shit is unprofessional as fuck.

I also hope he quits wow finally and moves on. I hope everybody quits paying that piece of shit company once and for all so they can finally have a introspection why Blizzard is only a shell of its former self. And maybe the top brass at Activision or whatever finally do a purge of the woke zealots and no talent ass clowns that infested that company.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Blizz (read Activison) must be freaking the fuck out right about now. Not devs, they don't give a fuck but the top brass who only think of quarterly reports and share values. I bet they ignored the problem of stagnant, declining MAU for years, convincing themselves that it's not an issue, they are still the biggest and therefore the only mmo worth playing. And now they have to start thinking how to lure ex wow players back from an mmo which seems fresh and new and most importantly, good. Best case scenario, it would take years, since they have already too deep into the development of the next same old content expansion, mainly just banking on old players subbing and playing because they have invested so much time into it. But once you cut the cord and switch, it's hard to come back to the same re-hashed stuff with heavily gated and grindy progression systems stacked on top of each other. Activision should shown balls and made a decision to make wow 2 once they saw the direction current game is heading. They should have seen it coming years ago and by now they would have had game well in the works with announcement a few years down the line. But now it's too late. They need to rush now and that would lead to compromises which leads to borrowing from old wow and thus making the new wow pointless. They have totally missed the boat.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Or, instead of WoW 2, why not World of Starcraft? Or some new IP? Weren't they working on something like that back around Lich King days?

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah its pretty sad that the only novel title from blizzard this past 20 years was overwatch. Otherwise its just been declining iterations of warcraft, starcraft and diablo

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah its pretty sad that the only novel title from blizzard this past 20 years was overwatch. Otherwise its just been declining iterations of warcraft, starcraft and diablo

SC2 was good but it also came out at the pinnacle of WoW during WOTLK, though it was later in the expansion iirc (after ICC had come out). IMO peak WoW was Ulduar, still my fav raid in the game.

Edit: yeah, ICC came out Dec 2009 and SC2 was I believe June 2010

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Or, instead of WoW 2, why not World of Starcraft? Or some new IP? Weren't they working on something like that back around Lich King days?

I suspect 2 things are going on: They don't want to cannibalize/jeopardize WoW's sub base and they've had trouble making something different enough from WoW but still a MMO.

Project Titan was supposed to be something along those lines and they could never get the concept to a point where it was "fun". I've heard they had been working on a Battlefield-like game but the Starcraft IP that fizzled out.

I'd be shocked if they made another full MMO at this point. I've always thought a live service looter/shooter using Starcraft IP would have been a solid choice.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
No one else seem to be able to innovate a wow 2.0 mmorpg either, so cant fault blizzard too much there

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I suspect 2 things are going on: They don't want to cannibalize/jeopardize WoW's sub base and they've had trouble making something different enough from WoW but still a MMO.

Project Titan was supposed to be something along those lines and they could never get the concept to a point where it was "fun". I've heard they had been working on a Battlefield-like game but the Starcraft IP that fizzled out.

I'd be shocked if they made another full MMO at this point. I've always thought a live service looter/shooter using Starcraft IP would have been a solid choice.
They still move too slow for something like that. Diablo IV is going to take like 5 to 7 years to ship and they have a breadth of previous successes and current ARPGs to draw from on this.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Retarded Whales gonna keep WoW afloat for a while.

It is baffling though how Blizzard has retained this insane glacial pace of development for 20+ years. You would think with senior leadership leaving in the past few years things would change but nope lets take 7 months to get 9.1 out the door in an unfinished mess.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I expect Holisky to be fired. He deserves it for saying D4 is the game he’s most looking forward to.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
1625535667032.png

It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again, Clarise

• 4Worf
  • 3Barf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 7 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I believe that is what became Overwatch, since they couldnt make the MMO fun, they used all the assets to make a shooter.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Overwatch was really just Team Fortress 2 + Pureple Haired LGBTQ characters.
Id say it ended up that way. Some where quite risque for the first year.
I think they took the Project Titan characters and lore into Overwatch?
iirc they said something like 20% or so of Overwatch assets where from Titan and everything else was created from scratch.

Which of course makes you ask where did all this development go. Not like the maps in Overwatch are very big or the characters very deep. Hell one of the game modes is just a rip off of Team Fortresses. For how central OW has been to Blizzard's plans that game has received very little content since release. 1-2 maps that arent really used and 7 new characters over 5 years.