Twitch.tv

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Been 1099 all my adult life. You are supposed to estimate your income and pay taxes quarterly based on that. If you don't you make it up at once during your yearly filing, but you pay a penalty. No idea how much a streamers income varies quarter to quarter. Mine always did a lot.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
meh, mist is right and it's all automated - even if it's well under 20k a year as soon as that 1099 submitted by twitch doesn't have a payment match by a certain date, letters will start going out. Don't respond to the letters and human eyes will get put on the case. It may take a few years for the pain train to come but the process assuredly starts on that missed payment due date.
Death and taxes.

Oldbased

> Than U
Been 1099 all my adult life. You are supposed to estimate your income and pay taxes quarterly based on that. If you don't you make it up at once during your yearly filing, but you pay a penalty. No idea how much a streamers income varies quarter to quarter. Mine always did a lot.
Ya that was how it was most of my life too, the last 7 years I just did it yearly as my taxed withheld > my contracting due to amount of time I spent in office/estimating over in the field cause of health. They questioned it but didn't have much issue with it it seems due to that.
I know people were fucking it all cause every year someone would get those spam scam calls leaving messages saying you must pay x amount by 5pm or go to jail and they would freak out. I was always like dude they don't randomly call threatening jail and deadlines the same day. If your ass is in trouble you'll know cause they'll send you 15,000 fucking letters in the mail.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shame obviously does not work with these cucks that just give their money away. But at least you can delight in the fact that they are that much poorer for it.

But... then you realize that many of them are probably on welfare or on the take for some other social government program. And that makes me sad. Because I pay a shitton of taxes.

I'm giving to these worthless fucks and thot-ho's whether I want to or not.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ya that was how it was most of my life too, the last 7 years I just did it yearly as my taxed withheld > my contracting due to amount of time I spent in office/estimating over in the field cause of health. They questioned it but didn't have much issue with it it seems due to that.
I know people were fucking it all cause every year someone would get those spam scam calls leaving messages saying you must pay x amount by 5pm or go to jail and they would freak out. I was always like dude they don't randomly call threatening jail and deadlines the same day. If your ass is in trouble you'll know cause they'll send you 15,000 fucking letters in the mail.

The only issue I've had in 30 years is since I get 1099's from a number of companies both every so often some company won't send one in or they missed a job. So my income doesn't match what is reported to the IRS. Normally one letter to me and I let the company know. Simple math to figure out which company is missing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
it was cool to see rifftrax made $566k and a bit surprising Bob Ross (RIP) only made $222k

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This leak meta is getting pretty funny. At this point Twitch themselves should release rankings yearly. It would encourge streamers to want more subs and make Twitch more money

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Arcadum

$598,365.64

Damn...he really fucked up with that whole scandal thing if he was pulling in that much over 2 years

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He just started getting very popular this year too. Yeah, he really fucked up.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
- Lmao x got smoked by a dungeons n dragons channel

- Ninja is shroud's bitch. Microsoft what for who???

- trainswrecks makes 1.5m a year promoting gambling to children

- Tyler1 makes millions after ditching his fanbase repeatedly

- sodapoppin is retired from competition

- no thots cracked the top 40 after all that complaining and bitching how Twitch is changed and ruined cuz women. Fuck off and shut the fuck up now.

Yikes. Good to see Wubby got on though, he deserves it.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy

- no thots cracked the top 40 after all that complaining and bitching how Twitch is changed and ruined cuz women. Fuck off and shut the fuck up now.

pretty sure the top thots are pulling in hundreds of thousands a month outside twitch

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

At this point Twitch is just an advertisement for OnlyFans.

You are right though Wubby is one of the few who deserve to actually make money on this platform.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Everyone that makes more than 600 dollars a year gets a 1099 form from Twitch and their income reported to the government. They would pay taxes at insane rates, having to pay the full social security and medicare tax.

They make a lot less than I thought. Cutedog making under 200k since 2019 is surprising to me.

With that said, Mist, this is what every single person that owns a business pays. I'm glad you agree they are insane rates.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They make a lot less than I thought. Cutedog making under 200k since 2019 is surprising to me.

With that said, Mist, this is what every single person that owns a business pays. I'm glad you agree they are insane rates.
Technically all workers are paying those taxes anyway. It's just that a portion of it is obscured from your actual paycheck, because your employer is paying that portion for you, but it still ultimately comes out of the total potential compensation you could be being paid.

When you're a small business owner or an independent contractor, none of that is obscured from you. That's the only actual difference.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Verily, thou art retarded and she doth not desire to copulate with thee.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Verily, thou art retarded and she doth not desire to copulate with thee.

like nobody bitched about the subathons and the ass shaking in the tubs. write on tits for subs et al

they aint bringin home no bacon. Amouranth barely got on the list. ten step off.