Twitch.tv

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Ya, the big numbers are almost always game related, but only so long as you maintain a really high level of skill. Even people with extremely loyal followings will get garbage views if they're playing a game with no interest. Ninja is king of Fortnite viewers, Shroud is king of PUBG viewers...but a huge part of that is the fact they're extremely good at those games and both games are high in interest.

Doc isn't that amazing at games. He is probably average/slightly above average I would say and frequently gets carried, so he needs his character to really carry the viewers.

Can go the other way too. Started watching a team that was pushing top 10 on pubg and none of them had more than 2-5 viewers most of the time. Personality does matter somewhat. Skill goes unnoticed when it's really fucking boring or isn't flaunting cleavage.

Cybsled

I think there is a critical period. When a game is new on the scene, if you can become a king at it AND it suddenly becomes amazing from a popularity perspective, that helps. Personality def helps a lot, but much like traditional fame, it helps if you get noticed by the right people.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yah, I could never watch Grimmz either. This is even before all the DMCA stuff. It's too death metal for me. Add to this complaining about everything. Screw that.

Also, I'm pretty sure that everyone's viewership is down. I'm blaming it on the weather. Since it's gotten warmer outside, people have found things to do outside.

Lirik's numbers are pretty much the same.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lirik's numbers are pretty much the same.

he's mentioned h'is average sub count has been dropping for a while

it's the fade away from the past year of free amazon prime subs. i'd guess more and more people are forgetting to re-up for whatever reason. hell, I think I need to throw mine back out, but I always give it to smaller channels I watch

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I don't think Lirik is a big sellout of Twitch prime like a lot of the newly popular big streamers. I imagine his numbers would go up to his "old" numbers if he did.

spronk

FPS noob
lirik said he had 17k subs the other day dunno if thats higher or lower than in the past but thats freaking $50k+ a month JUST from subs, he's got a few thousand in donations and stuff at least a day too. at this point he's earned enough money that he never has to work again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ninja was crazy high last I heard, like I want say 100k or some stupid amount. Was during a fortnite promo I think

Cybsled

Ninja has/had close to 200k subs. He also supposedly has an 80/20 deal (like most big streamers), so that is almost 800k a month he clears before taxes just on subs alone. With donations/bits, he easily makes over a million a month. Shroud has around 40k, which is close to 160k a month from subs.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Think there's an easy to find YouTube where ninja said he got like 500k at least per month.

He's married too and quite young...hope he doesn't get divorced like most young marriages :p

Brikker

Trump's Staff
lul, Lirik played a youtube of the final speech from The Great Dictator to Hans Zimmer music, mods were rapidly deleting everyone in chat saying how it was globalist propaganda

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Ninja is probably making closer to a million a month, with the twitch donations and youtube $
The $500k he mentioned is from twitch subs alone

It seemed not too long ago that Lirik was top dog with ~20k viewers, and now Ninja replays are pulling over 40k while he's offline

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol the guy made that much when drake and travis scott streamed with him, that's an inflated value for certain

I mean good for him, i feel bad for the parents that pay for their kid's twitch subs though lol. I couldn't imagine pandering to a bunch of 12 year olds, yuck

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno. Some part of me thinks that's all that twitch is. A bunch'a 12 yo watching. Then I look at myself and realize it's not. It might be the majority of what is watching, but it's not all of what is watching. It's either that or I'm going through my mid-life crisis.

Not sure which.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lul, Lirik played a youtube of the final speech from The Great Dictator to Hans Zimmer music, mods were rapidly deleting everyone in chat saying how it was globalist propaganda

He's having a nostalgia day today. It's pretty cool stream!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno. Some part of me thinks that's all that twitch is. A bunch'a 12 yo watching. Then I look at myself and realize it's not. It might be the majority of what is watching, but it's not all of what is watching. It's either that or I'm going through my mid-life crisis.

Not sure which.

meh i'm almost 40 and almost always have it up in the background, pre twitch i'd always have a show or movie going, now it's just twitch. I don't really pay attention all that much but it's up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm curious how accurate this site is Twitchstats.net Statistics

it shows him at 195k, which i assume doesn't update on the fly but even then, unreal how a dude goes from 5000 in may last year to that number because of fortnite lmao

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user