Twitch.tv

spronk

FPS noob
doc & timmy re-unite

lol youtube chat looks like hyper aids

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Interesting argument by Devin Nash: Youtube doesn't want a browsable directory of gaming streams, because it fosters a "winner takes all" when viewers flock to the top streams only. They maybe want to fix it with search/recommendation technology.

Pro: It's a real problem Twitch hasn't solved yet.

Con: Youtube can push any content creator Youtube wants inorganically onto their users. So instead of "winner takes all" we get "crowned by Youtube".

This video is pretty good, but there are a couple of things I think he is wrong about. He was talking about how YouTube Gaming was finally gaining traction on LSF subreddit, but completely ignored the reason why. It's because they finally implemented clips on YouTube. He also said the YouTube livestream UI is ok, and finding livestreams on YouTube is hard is basically also ok. That it isn't holding the platform back. Just them implementing clips showed being far behind on livestream convivences is holding it back. The platform could be much larger if they quit hiding the livestreams amongst the VOD stuff also. When I'm looking for a livestream the last thing I want to watch is VOD shit. I want the live experience and nothing else.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
How do you even view a channels clips? I've been linked to one before, but it's just kinda inline on the page.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That it isn't holding the platform back. Just them implementing clips showed being far behind on livestream convivences is holding it back. The platform could be much larger if they quit hiding the livestreams amongst the VOD stuff also.
That is one of the pain points. Another is that you basically need browser addons to have a more Twitch-like experience, and that their default UI doesn't scale to fit the browser windowwhen you leave theater mode the stream itself is constrained.

Basically, they suck at UX.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how many millions the top streamers can milk out of YouTube before they go the way of Mixer and they can cash in again and go back to Twitch counting their Benjamins.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I wonder how many millions the top streamers can milk out of YouTube before they go the way of Mixer and they can cash in again and go back to Twitch counting their Benjamins.
YouTube isn't going anywhere.

Malakriss

Mixer literally is a smoking crater, no existing company can replicate that. Maybe after their contract they can free agent it up but live streaming or not Youtube will still be around.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not saying YouTube isn't going to die. I'm saying that streaming on YouTube is going to die. No-one watches streaming on YT and that part of it will go the same way as Mixer.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Maybe older people don't, but kids definitely do. I used to see my nephew watching Minecraft streamers play on Youtube all the time.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Probably just do like Giant Waffle. Heavily mod his chat and pretend like nothing has ever happened. Most likely will be a significant decrease in revenue but can still make a decent living on Twitch with the lower number of viewers.

Giant Waffle's bullshit killed the night streams. That's the real victim.

Lirik doesn't even seem to play with shorty anymore, from what I can tell.

Araxen

Night streams were boring to me, so I'm glad those ended. Waffle always seemed off/weird to me, and he proved me right. Shorty is just boring. There is a reason why he's a 500 viewer streamer even after all the pub he got from Lirik.

Lirik should have done some variety with the Leanbois(Buddha/Tony/Saab). He did a couple streams with Tony and they were good streams. Adding Buddha would have made it even more fun.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm not saying YouTube isn't going to die. I'm saying that streaming on YouTube is going to die. No-one watches streaming on YT and that part of it will go the same way as Mixer.
If they just ripped the layout of Twitch I would. I pop on by to see what Doc is doing sometimes, but navigating Youtube streams is a chore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If they just ripped the layout of Twitch I would. I pop on by to see what Doc is doing sometimes, but navigating Youtube streams is a chore.
It's like Twitch and Youtube are sharing the same 2 devs that split time working on both sites as a side gig on the weekend.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Sub gifters are busy! I keep getting sub gifts and I barely watch any twitch these days.

• 1Like

Araxen

It really pisses me off at how good Mooonmoon is at Darkest Dungeon. I am sooooo bad. I've tried so hard to get good at the easier modes, but fuck him. lol

Szlia

If you want to feel even worse BarbarousKing beat the game the other day in bloodmoon difficulty and torchless. Needless to say it took time and many attempts !