Tyrant

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why did they let go of the terrorist dude so easily? I mean, he still had a shitload of illegal guns right? Even with Bassam's word being taken as gospel by his brother, I feel he wouldn't have done that.

Terrorist dude's uncle is fucked.
As much as I agree with Basam about there should be trials some common sense needs to be applied as well about who he let go and how it was done. As shown in the coming next week clip its going to bite him on the ass. He has the right instincts but not quite the right frame of mind yet for the country he is in.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I watched the first three episodes this week and it was pretty enjoyable. It has been very exciting so far but it's hard to see where they are going with it so I think it's too early to tell if it's a good show or not.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Shit needs to start hitting the fan soon. I'm waiting for the drama to ramp up and it hasn't happened quite yet. Some of the scenes suffer from poor acting too. That scene with Emma and Molly after Emma gets back from the club was awful. That was some shitty acting. There are still enough interesting parts to keep watching, but I could lose interest in this one.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like this show a lot and I've spent quite a few years in the Middle East. It does try to capture the tribal politics of the ME to some degree, but it does leave a lot out. Which is good because the nature of it is baffling... even to someone who has spent years in these countries and speaks the language quite well. In short, the tribes (think huge extended families of varying levels of wealth and influence) control everything in the ME. Countries are defined by their tribal bullshit. Which tribe you are a part of defines an alarming amount of your life there. Something that is quite alien to those of us from Europe and the US. But the general strife of these places is well done.

Wife is definitely the weakest point though, and the kids are lame too. Bassam going for the "trade" of Samira for a random name from a guy who has every interest to say whatever he needs to get his fucking daughter back was stupid. All of those guys captured would be completely fucked, even if the murder attempt was unrelated.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Episode 4 was pretty weak. I'm afraid this isn't going to be a very good show.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How did this show turn out? I'm thinking about watching it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still watch and enjoy every week. I like that the King is finally realizing that the people like his brother more than him, but maybe something will happen. The show is decent.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
It's a little slow but enjoyable. You know here it's headed -- Bassam eventually becomes king. But it's hard to say if that'll be early on or toward the series end.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have been enjoying it. I hope they do not off jamal to fast he is pretty fun being a totally crazy bastard as a ruler.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I still feel like the story is sort of flailing around and aside from the two brothers and the old rebel guy the characters are just stereotypes. It might be a bit too complicated of a topic for a TV show and would be better as a book. I'm still watching, but I'm not recommending it to anyone at this point.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I enjoy it and watch it weekly.

But I am still confused by the exact purpose of what it is the show is going for.I'll keep watching until it no longer entertains me.

Cybsled

I enjoy it and watch it weekly.

But I am still confused by the exact purpose of what it is the show is going for.I'll keep watching until it no longer entertains me.
It's basically Godfather retold in the Middle East/a reworking of Bashar al-Assad's rise to power. In both instances, you have a "good" person get corrupted and become the very thing he did not want to become.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, the last episode pretty much cemented the idea you're saying.

It started off where Jamal was going to leave the country all together to live in baldives. Then the brother steps in like "I gotta take this motherfucker out for the good of the country!" Then he threw a few gang signs while shouting "West Side!" and put on his platinum/diamond grill. Really uncharacteristic of the show, but I guess that's the direction they wanted to take.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Watching last night's episode, the uncle said "This is madness", and I wanted Jamal to shout "THIS IS SPARTA!"

3ngI4W1.jpg

That will forever be stuck in my head.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Episode 9 was really good, very tense. The show has really stepped up a gear in the last few episodes.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
This might be my favorite drama on TV other then the wife. It's so off the rails compared to normal TV plots.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I wonder if it's supposed to be like Breaking Bad, where he slowly becomes really hardcore season after season. I have fallen way behind with this show. I need to catch up.