Tyrant

spronk

FPS noob
yeah good shit so far, except whenever the wife or son (of barry) are on screen, those 2 have got to go to turn him into a tyrant. Still enjoying the show, interesting to see the chinese angle although they would probably be even more crazy than jamal in dealing with terrorists

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, you still don't want to think to hard while you're watching, but it was fun getting to watch helicopters get shot down. They also borrowed a page from Sons of Anarchy with the 10 minute cold open which I always found weird on SoA and still do.

spronk

FPS noob
the wife of the isis leader is pretty cool, like "hey i saw you eyeballing that hot chick, you can go ahead and fuck her". maybe ISIS isn't really so bad after all

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
One of the better shows on TV right now, surprised so few posts here.
I think the writing is very well done, the scope of the show is small but feels so massive, Abudine looks amazing from the palace to the alleys. The acting is great, I think Taric is perfect as the conservative "shoot anything that argues" uncle. I don't think I would ever try and usurp control from my brother though. My brother and I are 18 months apart, both very confrontational and physical people, yet something like seems off and so confusing but that's probably why I keep watching it.

Then again we've never had a fucking multi-billion dollar third world country to rule.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
And another one underestimated how crazy jamal is. Frankly though of all his random killings taric is probably the smartest possible person to randomly murder he could have. Cut out his control of the military replace him with a son who actually is competent probably gets him in a much better place as a ruler.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This show is really getting good, Season 1 was good, but 2 is way better. Love how they show that the most fucked up and zealous of the Islamic assholes are Westerners who went radical.

spronk

FPS noob
ISIS vs crazy ass african warlord mercs is gonna be goddamn epic

and yeah this and ray donovan are my top shows right now, if they kill off the retarded son by having ISIS chop his dick off it will catapult to epic awesomeness

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Molly still alive and Daliyah not living with Barry. We trying to get canceled?

7icsJ4a.gif

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I still feel like this show is only almost good but I'm still watching. I thought we were going for "The Godfather" last season but this season they made Barry into a perfect saint instead of being corrupted by power. The whole thing with him suddenly becoming a cold blooded killer/steely-eyed military hero seems improbable at best. If Abudeen becomes a democracy it will just be GWB's fantasy of Iraq but instead of the whole US military it only takes one sexy American dude to conquer this country and be greeted as a liberator.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah super weak finale, not killing Molly or that shitlord son really sucked. The only character I am rooting for is Jamal and maybe the black general, it would be cool if he took over the country.

Wonder if they are going to bring back Ihab Rashid

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I went out of town and skipped a couple weeks of this show and completely forgot about its existence until this thread was bumped. I probably won't bother catching up.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I thought it was good.
Yeah, I enjoyed this season immensely. They can still go the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" angle with Barry, assuming the series is renewed. However, Tuesday's finale can act as a decent close to the series.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just finished watching the finale. I dug season 2. Yes, some of the CGI was a little off, but the show itself is entertaining. While Jamal did mean well in the strangest way, he was too psychotic. I'm glad that he's no longer an issue going forth. However, I don't know if the brother leading the country is the correct response either. I guess we'll see how they write the 3rd season.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
jamal is one of those guys who honestly wants to do right by his family and country but is to bug fuck insane to actually manage it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This is back, btw. And holy shit this season, people dying left and right. So far it's been a pretty exciting start. Also, Nina from the Americans is in it now, nice to see her on screen again.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Ya, promising start to a new season. Political turmoil, violence in the Middle East, and American Interventionism!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Holy shit....Well, that's one way to get rid of his family.

He just became, I think, the Tyrant. This season is crazy. God damn. Show has gone up another level. Still some issues, some of the characters actions (Molly) stretch belief, and the interpersonal family shit is awful--but it's paying dividends now that you're watching this normal family getting eaten alive by the hate machine that is the Middle East. In a sick way it shows you why the men of that culture kill people for the slightest infraction.