Ultima Online - UO An Corp ||| All the IPY T2A pvp goodness with none of the AZ

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Bard is a good start. You can go like 50 provoking 50 healing 50 str 20 dex 10 int. Bard two easy monsters together like skeletons or crappy forest trash outside of West Brit, then you can hit them with your hatchet until you get enough gold to buy a katana, kryss, or q-staff. Once you get your weapon skills up to about 50ish, move on to despise which is the dungeon directly North of the GY through the mountain pass and keep hunting/skilling up on the orcs/harpy/ogres and what not in there. If you're absolutely stuck without gold you can try going 50 fletching 50 lj and craft some bows to sell to the vendor. Can have 3 accounts so you can do all of these while doing stats on another char, do arms lore for str anatomy for dex and eval for int.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Bard is a good start. You can go like 50 provoking 50 healing 50 str 20 dex 10 int. Bard two easy monsters together like skeletons or crappy forest trash outside of West Brit, then you can hit them with your hatchet until you get enough gold to buy a katana, kryss, or q-staff. Once you get your weapon skills up to about 50ish, move on to despise which is the dungeon directly North of the GY through the mountain pass and keep hunting/skilling up on the orcs/harpy/ogres and what not in there. If you're absolutely stuck without gold you can try going 50 fletching 50 lj and craft some bows to sell to the vendor. Can have 3 accounts so you can do all of these while doing stats on another char, do arms lore for str anatomy for dex and eval for int.
Thanks Strifen I'll give that s hot. I think selling goods to vendors has been nerfed to the point of being useless unfortunately.

edit : Thanks Funk for post below.

Alsothere are a few decent newbish guides on the AC forum :UO An Corp View forum - Player Submitted Guides

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah selling shit to the vendor sucks here unfortunately.

50 Provo/50 healing is fine. Pick a weapon skill and maybe put 1 point into that to get the newbie weapon and then hit the newbie dungeon straight away--it's a black portal near West Britain Bank. Work up your fighting and provo there until they kick you out and then I would either hit the graveyard south of Moonglow or the Vesper Graveyard and slaughter some skeletons and zombies. They drop skill scrolls all the time so while it is not much gold, it will help you out a lot. Then just get into Covetous or Shame as soon as you can. 300% skill boost in dungeons so it is beneficial to get in there fast and work on your char there. People are still generally helpful in dungeons atm, so they might seem crowded but people will heal you and you can just whack on their mobs that they are fighting for skillups. Have only seen a couple of reds and it has been very nice in the dungeons so far.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Make a thug thief and steal shit from people farming gold. Let me try to remember my old build, I don't quite remember exactly what it was but it was something along the lines of...

Always start all characters with 50 Resist 50 Healing, every time.

100 Stealing
90 Tactics
90 Swords/Fencing/Macing (do macing now, make a carpenter mule to make Qstaves, clubs, and bows, change it to fencing later when DP becomes available)
90 Healing (minimum to res)
80 Archery (just to chase down runners that attack you after you've flagged, you could replace it with wrestling though)
80 Anatomy
70 Resist
70 Magery or whatever it is for minimum invis
30 Snooping, just spam it, it'll open, make a last object macro.

You can reduce magery to 31.4 or whatever and use recall scrolls later to make room for some hiding

spam mini heals, and stock up on wands. Target someone's weapon, make an ALT+T macro to open a target ring, steal that shit when they disarm to cast, steal people's black pearl -> mandrake root, steal their bandages etc while you joust them down after they attack you.

Another awesome character to make is a stealth herder, hiding, stealth and herding, slow motion invis train people in dungeons. Also put a bunch of purple pots in a box, put the box on the ground next to someone, destroy the box with an axe, throw another purple pot at the giant stack and it causes a chain reaction daisy chain explosion that one shots anybody.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Anyone else think respawn rates are way too fast? I was in Despise and couldn't get past the entrance because everything was respawning 10-20 secs after I kill it.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its a little quick, yea.

Provo'ing in there and I'm basically stuck getting respawned on.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol about the stealing of black pearl, and mandrake. I remember I raged so hard years and years ago when I got jumped in a dungeon, and they stole my mandrake and BP, without me even knowing it, so I tried to recall and couldn't. Oh man.

It was that day, after the rage had subsided that I was forever jealous of thiefs and PvPers due to the sheer wealth they were able to accumulate.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Lol about the stealing of black pearl, and mandrake. I remember I raged so hard years and years ago when I got jumped in a dungeon, and they stole my mandrake and BP, without me even knowing it, so I tried to recall and couldn't. Oh man.

It was that day, after the rage had subsided that I was forever jealous of thiefs and PvPers due to the sheer wealth they were able to accumulate.
thats the only way to play bro, once you try it theres no going back

Ryanz

<Banned>
Server is getting DDOS'd. Thread about ithere.

Also seems the quick respawn rate was just Despise, and maybe Covetous and will be corrected. Thread about ithere.

*edit* Just to comment on the theif topic. Was some of the most fun I had playing the game back in the day. Me and a buddy use to tag team at the Britain bank, one would steal an item off someone, the other would loot the corpse when they called guards and got killed. This was also right around when they made archery really OP, and made for some serious theif/archery gankers. I use to lead a guild that would terrorize Minoc and the surrounding area. Fun times.

Crone

thats the only way to play bro, once you try it theres no going back
I'm digging so many other games right now, but it would be fun to come back and do something like this. Play the part of the game that I never experienced.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Provocation is the 2nd most powerful build in uo for pve, only behind a tamer, combining those 2 builds is basically god mode.

Even a melee can do them but youll need to be pretty well off with some magic resist and healing since they do poison and cast energy bolt.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Also i want to offer my services to anyone or any guilds from the forum, I'm exclusively playing a Smith and would love some help, if you have a house with a forge, all the better or we can work towards that goal if it suits you.

Free repairs, at cost weapons, armor and who knows what else in the future this shard has to offer gm Smiths.

My in game name is tywin, not the tywin lannister i see running around
smile.png
you can find me usually at the britain forge, post here or pm me, if you have a vent or teamspeak, just let me know in some way
smile.png

Im also open to making a forum guild if its in any interest.

Pks welcome!

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im playing solo pve atm, trying to farm gold for a little house + a boat somewhere.

Can join forces if you want

Ryanz

<Banned>
Also playing solo, trying to skill up and get money. I'd be willing to help get a forum guild going if enough people are interested.

Crone

UO Stratics. Holy shit. Blast from the past!!

Also, who still remembers your ICQ number? Old school guild chat!

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Do not listen to Big Flex. No one is this day and age is going to let you steal their regs in a serious PVP fight. Anyone who is decent knows to at minimum stack recall regs/heal regs in multiple little piles, hidden under tons of shit in your backpack. alternatively, one would carry a locked box......

also, good luck stealing my what, 12 stone halberd? impossible. if you did happen to disarm me, i would just run in circles until full mana and give you 5 spam ebolts with a poison somewhere in between if i needed....

Big flex = big joke. terrible trash template. just do serious mage tank template if you want to play the game seriously.

(I played a thief back on OSI pre 99.....i completely dominated people routinely....but that was when people were idiots.....also during a time when there were 3rd party programs to keep snooped packs open regardless of distance and never close on you. You could also "delete" on your screen anything in backpacks that was covering up their reg bag....or the times when you could just set a 3rd party program to auto steal specific regs)

Make a thug thief and steal shit from people farming gold. Let me try to remember my old build, I don't quite remember exactly what it was but it was something along the lines of...

Always start all characters with 50 Resist 50 Healing, every time.

100 Stealing
90 Tactics
90 Swords/Fencing/Macing (do macing now, make a carpenter mule to make Qstaves, clubs, and bows, change it to fencing later when DP becomes available)
90 Healing (minimum to res)
80 Archery (just to chase down runners that attack you after you've flagged, you could replace it with wrestling though)
80 Anatomy
70 Resist
70 Magery or whatever it is for minimum invis
30 Snooping, just spam it, it'll open, make a last object macro.

You can reduce magery to 31.4 or whatever and use recall scrolls later to make room for some hiding

spam mini heals, and stock up on wands. Target someone's weapon, make an ALT+T macro to open a target ring, steal that shit when they disarm to cast, steal people's black pearl -> mandrake root, steal their bandages etc while you joust them down after they attack you.

Another awesome character to make is a stealth herder, hiding, stealth and herding, slow motion invis train people in dungeons. Also put a bunch of purple pots in a box, put the box on the ground next to someone, destroy the box with an axe, throw another purple pot at the giant stack and it causes a chain reaction daisy chain explosion that one shots anybody.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Does a weapons durability effect the amount of damage it inflicts? I tried to find an answer but could never find anything definitive. It certainly feels like the weapon I'm using, after a while, starts to do significantly less damage.