Ultima Online - UO An Corp ||| All the IPY T2A pvp goodness with none of the AZ

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm up for a guild. On EU time though.

Anyone recommend any online wikis or best resources ? Are these the best maps ? :UO Stratics *New* | Maps and LocationsStruggling to find labelled maps for cities without having to look for a key to the signs.

edit : these maps are about the best I've found :Ultima Online Travelogues - Adventurer's Guide
You need to get UO Auto Map bruh:http://uoancorp.com/download/UOAMv9_Install.exe
Make sure to do the settings for Map->UO Client data files location and set it to your UO folder.

Ryanz_sl said:
Does a weapons durability effect the amount of damage it inflicts? I tried to find an answer but could never find anything definitive. It certainly feels like the weapon I'm using, after a while, starts to do significantly less damage.
I'm pretty sure it does. After a long few trips into a dungeon I'm barely doing shit for damage so I usually go and buy a new Short Spear and I'm back to mowing through Earth Elementals.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm more of a Moonglow man myself, but I'd call anywhere home if I could change my fucking citizenship anytime soon.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
You need to get UO Auto Map bruh:http://uoancorp.com/download/UOAMv9_Install.exe
Make sure to do the settings for Map->UO Client data files location and set it to your UO folder.
Think I love you. Yeah I do, I love you.

This rocks.

Anyone know why cooking isn't working ? Picking up (eg raw ribs) and clicking on ovens or forges not working it seems. Maybe I'm forgetting something else you need to do ?

Been following build Funk and Strifen suggested. Looking like this at the moment :

rrr_img_61438.jpg

Should I change anything up ? Thinking maybe Hiding or Magery (or even Taming on this toon) for ease of life might help ? Not sure how valuable Tactics is for fighting or Anatomy is for Healing/Fighting.

Also should I stick with Katanas or switch to |Viking Sword or maybe Halberd ?

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks good. You could only go up to 70 Resist spells for 30 or so magery. You can invest in a bunch of recall scrolls to put in your bank and use them to recall around with that much magery. 30 Magery will give you a 15% chance of casting recall, so you will burn through a lot of regs doing it, but you can do it with the spell too. I think I've seen people do 80/80 in Anatomy/Healing to get Magery too, not sure which would be better--I'd probably do the resist? Definitely don't do Taming on that toon, wouldn't be helpful plus you need other skills to support a Tamer. Hiding is extremely useful, especially for a new player, but I wouldn't mess with this template and just eat your deaths when they come. You're primarily trying to make cash with this guy so you can have other characters for other playstyles.

Cooking, I don't think you really need to eat on this server--I don't think being full affects skill gains. But I think you need a campfire from Kindling to cook meat. I'm sure other fire sources work, but probably not forges.

Stick to the Katana, especially for now. You'll be missing a lot so the quicker attack speed will help you hit more often plus you'll skill up more. At GM skills you can switch to a Halberd if you want, or stick to Katana + Shield.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I'll join up. Was trying to figure out how I could do that solo but I work better with other people as a provomage.

Ryanz

<Banned>
So love UO but hated IPY ever since they shut down the first iteration. How does this compare?
Much better. The guy who ran IPY was an idiot. These people seem to know what they are doing. Population is around 1000, and should be growing today and tomorrow I would assume. Feels good man.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I was in Destard earlier. Man I died a lot today so I bet you saw me on there.

20k saved up, almost enough for a house, then a boat!

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea. Pretty solid fun in there if you can handle it. I'm right on the edge of it being almost too much for me, so a simple screw up = me dead.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Yea. Pretty solid fun in there if you can handle it. I'm right on the edge of it being almost too much for me, so a simple screw up = me dead.
Solo farming destard is definitely a butt clencher. Much better have 1-2 people who can para the dragons and greater heal eachother.

Ryanz

<Banned>
My magic resist is in the 30's. I can't even handle an orc mage, let alone a drake.