ultra beta male virgin shoots up hot girls at UC Santa Barbara at least 7 dead

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Homemade explosives or burning down the house both take time to set up and enact. Not to mention how many people kill themselves making homemade explosives vs being successful.

While both are POSSIBLE they're not very likely avenues. Why don't you talk about him making a nuke to accomplish it too, those plans are public domain too.

(Not to mention most parts that can be used for explosives or arson are tracked in quantities that would be effective, much more so than guns even in "strict" California)
He was planning this shit for months, time and planning weren't a problem. Anyone can get away with making explosives, grass fertilizer isn't tracked unless you buy massive amounts of it at once, the other ingredient is common diesel fuel. Clearly the equivalent of "a nuke". >;p

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
And it still doesn't just because somebody that went there studied it and made books supporting those rights, unless you think they should screen people at the door and kick them out for it, would stop "supporting" it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He was planning this shit for months, time and planning weren't a problem. Anyone can get away with making explosives, grass fertilizer isn't tracked unless you buy massive amounts of it at once, the other ingredient is common diesel fuel. Clearly the equivalent of "a nuke". >;p
Any fertilizer is tracked over 20 lbs. And unless he'd sneak it into the basement you're talking about needing about a ton. Ain't keeping that at an apartment without alarms, people visiting storage lockers regularly get flagged as well.

"Ma'am mind if I come into your basement with 200+ lbs of shit (or lots of gasoline)?" - that would've been the beginning and the end of his attempt with those methods.

Breakarms_sl

shitlord
The guys who wrote that study are known for just that.
Don Kates - His books include Armed: New Perspectives On Gun Control, Restricting Handguns: The Liberal Skeptics Speak Out, Firearms and Violence: Issues of Public Policy, and The Great American Gun Debate: Essays on Firearms and Violence (with Gary Kleck). As a civil liberties lawyer he has represented gun owners attacking the constitutionality of certain firearms laws.

He is editor of Firearms and Violence: Issues of Public Policy (San Francisco: 1984, Pacific Research Institute) and the Winter 1986 issue of Law & Contemporary Problems. He is author of the entry on the Second Amendment in M. Levy & K. Karst, The Encyclopedia of the American Constitution; "Firearms and Violence: Old Premises, Current Evidence," in T. Gurr (ed.), Violence in America (1989); and "Precautionary Handgun Ownership: Reasonable Choice or Dangerous Delusion," B. Danto (ed.), Gun Control and Criminal Homicide, forthcoming (1990).

Gary Mauser - His interest in firearms and ?gun control? grew out of his research in political marketing. He has published two books, Political Marketing, and Manipulating Public Opinion and more than 20 articles. For the past 15 years, Professor Mauser has conducted research on the politics of gun control, the effectiveness of gun control laws, and the use of firearms in self defense.
Chicago is trying your Utopian gun-banning ideas. I hear it's one of the safest cities now in the country. Oh wait, no, it's one of the most dangerous and deadly places to be in the US right now. Along with liberal run Detroit. The simple truth is that if you give people a privilege to defend themselves, a privilege I count as a God given right, then there are some who will mis-use that privilege to hurt others eventually. You can blame the privilege but what we see now in every place such a thing is tried (Chicago, DC, to name a few), the criminals have a field day. And don't think it's because of guns either. You stop at a gas station and a guy comes and sticks a knife at our wife's head, does the guy really need a gun to rob you and possibly still rape your wife?

We have to be very careful in pointing blame. If you think repealing the 2nd amendment is the way to go, I feel sorry for the shithole cities that your ideas will create, just like they are now on display in Michigan, Illinois and DC.

Vaclav

And it still doesn't just because somebody that went there studied it and made books supporting those rights, unless you think they should screen people at the door and kick them out for it would stop "supporting" it.
Harvard's publishing wing is nonselective as long as you're alumni, FYI.

Same goes for most universities. MIT published my sister in law's piece, but still had three department heads from there dissent against her piece.

Have you ever actually even gone to a college? Publishing is just publishing not agreeing or disagreeing.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You're literally saying nothing with many words, have you thought of a career in politics?

Vaclav

Lol? this can't be true.
Post-McVeigh it was in NY state at least. Maybe it's relaxed since or elsewhere. (My employer up there had some home improvement side businesses back when I was up there over the post-McVeigh era)

Vaclav

If it is, there are a ton of boy scouts in my area being tracked...they sell and deliver that shit, by the ton, to raise money.
If it's the same they do here that's mulch, which ain't the same. Besides not all fertilizer works, it's gotta have the right nitrogen content I think?

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Any fertilizer is tracked over 20 lbs. And unless he'd sneak it into the basement you're talking about needing about a ton. Ain't keeping that at an apartment without alarms, people visiting storage lockers regularly get flagged as well.

"Ma'am mind if I come into your basement with 200+ lbs of shit (or lots of gasoline)?" - that would've been the beginning and the end of his attempt with those methods.
Who said he had to demolish the entire building? Pipe bombs or molotov cocktails at a frat/sorority party can potentially kill a lot more than the 3 fucking people he killed with his more than 400 rounds of 9mm ammo.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Or he could have started a fire and stood outside mowing people down as they ran out. Its really not fucking rocket science.

He could have also started it somewhere else and had that much extra time to kill people while emergency services are dealing with the fire elsewhere on campus.

Thankfully the guy was a fucking moron.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
If it's the same they do here that's mulch, which ain't the same. Besides not all fertilizer works, it's gotta have the right nitrogen content I think?
Yeah, nitrogen is the important ingredient. Am I the only one that read the Anarchists Cookbook in high school? You can make fucking napalm out of styrofoam popcorn and diesel fuel as well. The point being there are a million better ways to kill a bunch of people than driving around shooting a glock out your car window.

Vaclav

Breakarms: I still think solid gun education is the best approach. Someone with a proper grip, holster and stance from a military, police or equivalent background never bothers me. Idiots with a gun held sideways, gun shoved in a pocket, or other careless shit demonstrate a person that come crisis is quite likely a liability rather than an asset.

I'd love to see a Swiss quantity of guns if people were educated in guns like them.

We don't let the uneducated have most dangerous tools, why should firearms be any different. After all the primary pro argument is "they're just a tool". Almost all dangerous tools require registration and licensing including some degree of education.

iannis

Musty Nester
What he should have done was build a catapult and lob greek fire at the Beta Cum Lauder sorority house.

But if he was that cool he would have gotten laid before the rampage.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say the only thing I see wrong here, in the case of gun control, is if he is seeing therapist his whole life and was at the time, that should probably raise some red flags(most likely wont stop it because he could of just gotten them non legally). otherwise the whole gun thing is hilarious, you can't stop things like this, well you could but we would live in a completely different world. Shit is going to happen, you can't stop every crazy who snaps. He could of easily just concentrated on mowing people down while driving around and probably killed more. There's so many ways to harm other people.

Vaclav

Pretty sure with how limpwristed he came across as he wasn't throwing anything a substantial distance. (and pipe bombs are damn heavy - the right gauge of pipe is a good 8-10 lbs empty)

Sure there's always greater potential to anything. But regardless of higher potential, one is an easier one to do with less effort regardless. Assuming no chemistry background, he'd likely flub without some test runs.

Versus show ID, wait three days, walk out with all prep done

Effective or not - it's the lowest challenge to attempt.