Underrated science fiction movies

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
primer is on IFC often. i tried watching it and it lierally blew my mind and gave me a headache. so i changed the channel. ;0

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't know where you get "Space Jesus" from. It was a sci-fi take on Beowulf.
As Agraza mentioned, he played the title role in Mel Gibson's Jesus Chainsaw Massacre movie.

And we're all, me included, really just naming Sci Fi we feel is underexposed more than underrated.

Except for Dune, that was a fucking mess. That internal monologue shit made me vomit up a lung.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Oh, if not posted already:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fWR4mElJgOY/UM46RrH8YoI/AAAAAAAAB7A/yHi-CI1U140/s1600/GayAmerican Inventors+from+Outer+Space+poster.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaynigg...om_Outer_Space

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
primer is on IFC often. i tried watching it and it lierally blew my mind and gave me a headache. so i changed the channel. ;0
Watch it, god dammit.

Seriously, probably the best sci-fi movie I have ever seen as far as realistic sci-fi goes. It's so grounded I don't know if it even qualifies as sci-fi.

If you haven't watched Primer at least 3 times, you are wrong.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Watch it, god dammit.

Seriously, probably the best sci-fi movie I have ever seen as far as realistic sci-fi goes. It's so grounded I don't know if it even qualifies as sci-fi.

If you haven't watched Primer at least 3 times, you are wrong.
i saw about half of it, but when things started getting really wonky i started feeling like i missed something. and plus i made the mistake of watching it with company. next time i will watch it alone and not on TV so i can go back and rewatch certain things.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm assuming you actually mean Outland, so I'll throw inOutlander. Space man(Jim Caviezel) crash lands on....Earth I guess. Back in time to Viking times. So space Jesus + Vikings vs. Glowing Alien death tigerwolfmonster.

z6eiaJF.jpg
I did meen outland, but outlander was also sweet, I will give.
+1 for pandorum and Riddick. Ridick and pitch black are on regular rotation and pandorum was awesome with a pretty sweet twist. Also I disagree that all the sequals to Starship Troopers were bad, the most recent animated one was pretty awesome. Oh and fucking Krull, I love mixing fantasy with SciFi which is why he-man is so awesome... Which leads to Masters of tue universe (from the perspective of a 10 year old boy)

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Is Sunshine underrated? I didn't know of it's existence until a couple years ago.

I'd say it's my favorite sci-fi film.
I think so. It's my favorite sci-fi film and possibly my favorite film period.

Everyone seems to hate the ending except for me. I don't know why. Pinbacker is necessary to convey the underlying message/theme of the story.

Caliane

I think so. It's my favorite sci-fi film and possibly my favorite film period.

Everyone seems to hate the ending except for me. I don't know why. Pinbacker is necessary to convey the underlying message/theme of the story.
was the message if you ever go into space, strip down naked and sear your flesh off, it gives you super powers?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i saw about half of it, but when things started getting really wonky i started feeling like i missed something. and plus i made the mistake of watching it with company. next time i will watch it alone and not on TV so i can go back and rewatch certain things.
i'd like to interject that i think you might want to watch it w/o the rewind. just watch it in one go, then let it digest, you'll even take slower bites at dinner, and brushing you're teeth then when you're about to sleep... bamm! oh, but then you might want to just jump out and watch it again.

the movie also does a really good ambiguity as well, you're like wait who is that... kinda can't make out really (you know the scenes)

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Going bit old school on most of this:

5th Element (wish they would make the other 2 movies for the trilogy!)
Alien 3
Beastmaster
Blackhole
Brainstorm
Buck Rogers (Movie only)
Butterfly Effect
Cat from Outer Space
City of Lost Children
Damnation Alley
Dark Crystal
Deathrace 2000 (1975)
Demolition Man
Escape from New York
Evolution
Explorers
Fahrenheit 451
Flash Gordon
Forbidden Planet
From Beyond
Hell comes to Frogtown
Highlander
Ice Pirates
Imposter (2001)
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Krull
Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
Logans Run
Looper
Omega Man
Phantasm 1-4
Road Warrior (Mad Max 2)
Robot and Frank
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Rollerball (1975)
Screamers
Surrogates
The Cube
The Keep
The Thing (1982) and prequel (2011)
The Time Travelers (1964)
They Live
Time Crimes
War of the Worlds (1953)
Xtro

All the other movies mentioned are good also posted from others.
If you like Primer, check out Time Crimes.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Copy and pasting a list of every sci fi movie of the last 30 years is a great contribution. None of us would have known about this "Road Warrior" otherwise!

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Copy and pasting a list of every sci fi movie of the last 30 years is a great contribution. None of us would have known about this "Road Warrior" otherwise!
Actually I typed out most from memory and looked up the others I couldnt remember the dates for and some for reminders I forgotten, sorry I copy/pasted my list into Word to sort Alpha for you. Figure it would be easier to read.
tongue.png