Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Knight
Cyberpunk 2077
Red Dead Redemption 2
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Metro Exodus
Witcher DLCs (Heart of Stone/Blood & Wine)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
God of War
Farcry: New Dawn
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Jedi Fallen Order
Spiderman DLC
Spiderman: Miles Morales
Uncharted 3
Uncharted 4
Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Coop:
Outriders
The Ascent
Deep Rock Galactic
Dying Light
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Added 5 games to my backlog today alone and none of them are short. I'm never getting through this. Lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Got Assassins Creed: Odyssey platinum this weekend. ~75 hours played to get that, pretty entertaining game, had never played one of these until this one.

They removed the ability to see trophies on the PlayStation site in a browser which is super fucking gay, so I used the mobile app rather than take a pic of my tv screen. I'm sure this is ill-advised since I think I saw people saying you can get your megahertz stolen with phone screenshots but whatever, I live dangerously.

image0.png

backlogcompletion.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got Assassins Creed: Odyssey platinum this weekend. ~75 hours played to get that, pretty entertaining game, had never played one of these until this one.

They removed the ability to see trophies on the PlayStation site in a browser which is super fucking gay, so I used the mobile app rather than take a pic of my tv screen. I'm sure this is ill-advised since I think I saw people saying you can get your megahertz stolen with phone screenshots but whatever, I live dangerously.

View attachment 393331

View attachment 393332
Nice great game

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Nice great game

Sokrates was pretty funny, probably my favorite part of the game.

That and just shanking countless thugs repeatedly, for some reason that never got old. Clearing an entire fort via assassination, while halfway through the remaining soldiers are casually disposing of bodies after wondering "???" for a bit... fucking hilarious.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beat God of War last night. Still haven't decided if I want to go for Platinum or move onto another game... my Playstation backlog is infinite

1642440172895.png

1642440181497.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It pains me to say but move on. After my legendary playthrough of reach I realized it’s best to get 75% done and complete 3 more games than 100% and burnout.

For me it depends on the game whether or not I feel like Platinum. God of War was definitely one where I wanted to. It's just that good.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For me it depends on the game whether or not I feel like Platinum. God of War was definitely one where I wanted to. It's just that good.
Yes I absolutely agree with games like GoW/witcher/Red Dead/Fallout/Bioshock/Mass Effect etc I will always go for the 100% plat (in my case it's mostly on xbox so 1000/1000.)

That is just advice for people having trouble with backlogs. I have found people will burn out pretty easy so if they just change it up and come back later for that plat it could keep them knocking out single players longer. This thread has legit achievement/trophy hunters with 30 plus plats and also guys who probably don't even have one. I wanna help those guys out. My buddy hated single players his whole life and now he's balling thanks to this backlog thread.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yes I absolutely agree with games like GoW/witcher/Red Dead/Fallout/Bioshock/Mass Effect etc I will always go for the 100% plat (in my case it's mostly on xbox so 1000/1000.)

That is just advice for people having trouble with backlogs. I have found people will burn out pretty easy so if they just change it up and come back later for that plat it could keep them knocking out single players longer. This thread has legit achievement/trophy hunters with 30 plus plats and also guys who probably don't even have one. I wanna help those guys out. My buddy hated single players his whole life and now he's balling thanks to this backlog thread.

Yeah fair enough, for sure. I'm one of those completionist idiots. But I also have a swathe of games that I'm only interested in beating once and that's all.

As mentioned a couple pages ago, my other target for January is Doom:Eternal, which I just plan to beat and not 100%. My next PS title is Guardians of the Galaxy and/or Jedi Fallen Order. Still need to get around to finishing the Plat on Hades, too. Hopefully I have one or more of those complete this month!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah fair enough, for sure. I'm one of those completionist idiots. But I also have a swathe of games that I'm only interested in beating once and that's all.

As mentioned a couple pages ago, my other target for January is Doom:Eternal, which I just plan to beat and not 100%. My next PS title is Guardians of the Galaxy and/or Jedi Fallen Order. Still need to get around to finishing the Plat on Hades, too. Hopefully I have one or more of those complete this month!
Nice! I’m going to get to guardians as soon as I finish Far Cry 6 and Blood Dragon remastered. I am a competionist idiot too so I get it. I just got most of the achievements with Doom but don’t wanna dick with collectibles atm .

• 1Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Gaming took a back seat the last few days, but gonna call Doom 2016, Spiderman Miles Morales and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 campaign as my shot to finish for Jan.

To anyone thinking of doing Assassins Creed Valhalla for the back log, don't do it. Not because it's a shit game, I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would after Skillup and others trashed it. Gotta think of it like an offline MMORPG and play like a casual. I've been playing it off and on since August, 180 hours sunk across the main campaign and DLC and I've still got a few regions to get all the markers for. It's great value in the sense of always having something to do and a reason to return to the world, but I would not want to condense my total time played across many months into a shorter burst.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I did a thing! Finished Aliens: Fireteam.

1642614393511.png

1642614413110.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220117_001930.jpg

Finished Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. Had some fun with the naming, went with the Fire starter and it was definitely the right choice. I feel like Fire (later Fire/Fighting) is the best starter in Gen 2, 3, AND 4 (don't remember anything after that) by far, like it isn't even close. Considering Fire was the "hardest" starter in Gen 1 (at least, Grass and Water have a much easier time in the first 2-3 gyms) it's like they way overcompensated with making the Fire starter OP in the next few games.

20220117_003902.jpg

I don't care if she's supposed to be 16 in the game or whatever, Dawn can fucking get it. At least, in battles, because on the overworld she looks like this:

20220117_003910.jpg

The fuck is this design choice? Alpha Sapphire / Omega Ruby had normal-proportioned characters, now for this one they go back to the old 2D style of character appearance even though there's no reason to now. Just reeks of laziness.

20220117_024555.jpg

Seriously how can you take this shit seriously? Just looks awful. Actually the whole game comes off like a low-effort port rather than a remake or remaster. This game has none of Platinum's improvements / added content as far as I can tell, it's just a port of Diamond/Pearl with better visuals. There were actually times roaming around where I felt like I was playing the DS version because it looked so similar. This is the first of the Pokemon remakes that didn't really feel like it was "necessary" to play or advanced anything over the original. Like, everything this does, Platinum already did better, so Platinum is still the definitive Gen 4 game.

If this leads to us getting a decent remake of White/Black 1 and 2, then great. Wondering if that'll happen since A) Gen 5 is two games and B) They didn't bother to do an upgraded version of Gen 5 in the first place like they did with all the others before it (none of the gens after that did either).

20220119_174120.jpg

Here's my final party.

20220119_183355.jpg

Game was extremely easy, until the final boss. They gave her a ridiculously-OP Garchomp and I just barely scraped past it.

Glad this one's over. I had fun with it because Pokemon is generally fun, but it has the same slowness and dullness that Gen 4 had pre-Platinum and it felt more like I was playing it to "check it off" than anything else.

20211204_224512.jpg

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gaming took a back seat the last few days, but gonna call Doom 2016, Spiderman Miles Morales and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 campaign as my shot to finish for Jan.

To anyone thinking of doing Assassins Creed Valhalla for the back log, don't do it. Not because it's a shit game, I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would after Skillup and others trashed it. Gotta think of it like an offline MMORPG and play like a casual. I've been playing it off and on since August, 180 hours sunk across the main campaign and DLC and I've still got a few regions to get all the markers for. It's great value in the sense of always having something to do and a reason to return to the world, but I would not want to condense my total time played across many months into a shorter burst.

Yeah, Valhalla is WAAAAAAY the hell too long.

The crazy part is that the main complaint people had across the board about Odyssey was that it was too long / drawn-out. So they literally doubled-down with Valhalla and made it take a goddamn age and a half. The game itself isn't good enough to warrant its time requirement, not even close. Most of the game / missions are pretty similar to one another and I can't recall any single mission from the game as being particularly unique or memorable.

In short, don't do it. I said as much a couple months ago on this very thread, I believe.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Legendary and THREE mythicals.

I reject this submission.

Who's the third mythical? Manaphy?

I started with the Fire guy, caught Luxray (in his first form...best decision I made all game was building him up), got Dialga later on from the story.

Mew and Jirachi...the game just GIVES to you in the second town for some reason. I think you have to beat the first gym first, but that's it. Manaphy is from an egg that, again, the game just gives to you. I'm glad I went to the trouble of hatching it because it also turned out to be extremely useful.

But yeah, I didn't use anything from outside the game, all of this is stuff they heap on you during the main quest. Not surprised they give you 3 mythicals, the game comes off like Baby's First Pokemon.

Added thoughts to the above post, had a bunch, enough to do a mini blog post of sorts.

Calling shot for the rest of January: Spirit Tracks, Resident Evil 1 and 2. If I get through those, Parasite Eve 2 and Breath of Fire 4 (my last unbeaten PS1 games, I think), Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, Super Paper Mario, Mega Man 9, and Cuphead. Whatever I can clear out of this list would be great, most of them have been sitting there on the agenda for 4+ years. I'm borderline-terrified of Cuphead, left off about two-thirds through it but it's a game that absolutely whoops my ass.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Valhalla is WAAAAAAY the hell too long.

The crazy part is that the main complaint people had across the board about Odyssey was that it was too long / drawn-out. So they literally doubled-down with Valhalla and made it take a goddamn age and a half. The game itself isn't good enough to warrant its time requirement, not even close. Most of the game / missions are pretty similar to one another and I can't recall any single mission from the game as being particularly unique or memorable.

In short, don't do it. I said as much a couple months ago on this very thread, I believe.
I remember you saying that and it's still in my backlog. I wouldn't really mind a game that you pop into every once in a while and do a few missions and then bounce out, and over time eventually beat it or whatever but that's not what I need right now when there's a lot of shit on my backlog already. Lol

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I remember you saying that and it's still in my backlog. I wouldn't really mind a game that you pop into every once in a while and do a few missions and then bounce out, and over time eventually beat it or whatever but that's not what I need right now when there's a lot of shit on my backlog already. Lol
I’d say it’s a perfect game for doing just that

• 1Like