V Rising

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
See this is that bullshit. I just died from the sunlight bug and died again from it.

"Regarding the roof bug glitch, for the time being, we’re going to be releasing a patch that should fix it for most people.

After servers are back up, your castle should be fixed. However, some people may need to remove a piece of their castle (wall or floor) and replace it to fix the roof.

Please be aware this will require us to restart the servers once more, and there should be only a few minutes of downtime on Official servers and player-run servers that have automatic update switched on. Get to safety!"

Sounds like the hotfix today will fix that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I found Janx's server. MOOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I found Janx's server. MOOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'll have to get back on and do more there. Yesterday, probably due to the patching and fixes, it kept booting me for server reboot every 5 minutes.

1653084303241.png

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'll have to get back on and do more there. Yesterday, probably due to the patching and fixes, it kept booting me for server reboot every 5 minutes.

View attachment 413426
Might have been me trying to get the custom settings working. Its pretty much where it needs to be right now so not a lot of restarts happening.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Game is very cool but I can’t help but thinking “nope, not doing all this over again” while playing.
I don’t get how these games have much longevity for people.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Might have been me trying to get the custom settings working. Its pretty much where it needs to be right now so not a lot of restarts happening.
Yeah the new settings seem great for stacking materials.

Chersk Chersk I agree and also don’t yet know. I can tell on my second restart it is even faster to get up and going so it makes me feel a little better. Otherwise, yeah. Seems like it is going to hurt. That’s why I started playing locally.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is this one actually good, is it another 'good enough' pile of nonsense like Conan/Ark etc?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I feel it's in a better state at early access launch than valheim was after 6 months. Runs great, so far lots to do, combat is fun. Just converted my first servant so not even mid-game yet. Bosses are are plentiful and unique. My goup is having a great time currently.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
How does the game handle progression for a server? Ex. in Valheim you would defeat a boss which would cause a global progression to happen, and screwing others over. Whereas in Conan Exiles you would have individual progression for bosses/dungeon credit/etc.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
How does the game handle progression for a server? Ex. in Valheim you would defeat a boss which would cause a global progression to happen, and screwing others over. Whereas in Conan Exiles you would have individual progression for bosses/dungeon credit/etc.
Can do both. Have a bunch of people that just joined the clan and instead of coming to our castle and getting geared up/unlocks right off the bat they went and started their own castle so they can progress normally.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I feel it's in a better state at early access launch than valheim was after 6 months.
It is rather amazing how well polished this feels and how much more progression there appears to be in this as opposed to Valheim. Especially given the amount of time Valheim has already spent in "Early Access". We'll see how fast the Stunlock devs continue to develop the game. I'll be interested to see if it's faster or slower than Valheim has gone. Even though V-Rising feels like it's starting farther ahead.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hows this for single player? I loved my Valheim singleplayer just fine.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Level 38 so far and been pretty fun for me. I finally gained access to iron weapons and talk about a huge boost in damage upgrading from a copper weapon. At level 33 I had a hard time killing mobs at the level range of mid 30 to level 40 but now I can take a group of them out easily.

The boss battles has been a blast to do. Polora the Feywalker was sorta hard for me but Quincy the Bandit King was a real pain due to the level difference he had over me. Now I need to kill Beatrice the Tailor next who drops the recipe to craft iron armor and it should bump my levels up even more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
For me Polora wasn't that bad but the Bear boss was a huge PITA. His chase was so much faster than the cooldown on my movement skill. I ended up having to use Polora's skill so I could backtrack to the previous position and use it has a double movement.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Hows this for single player? I loved my Valheim singleplayer just fine.
It’s fine I’m currently playing it that way. If you do I would suggest set the server settings so you can use a transporter when you have materials in your inventory. Default setting you can’t transport if you do. I found it annoying running long distances carrying mats. Just a QoL thing for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the first thing you do after leaving the crypt is cross a stream of running water. 0/10 game, going to refund.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I can't imagine the full loot servers - inventory loot with the damage to equipment is harsh enough. All I'm doing is trying to find mats to repair the gear that is getting damaged from dying to people that are skull to me...while getting killed by guys that are skull to me.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Am I missing something on getting the stone walls/floors?

I assume I need the grinder... which needs 4 whetstones. whetstones need 12 stonedust each.
the grinder crafts stonedust I assume?

so... am I just waiting on dumb luck of whetstones or 48 stonedust just dropping from human npcs?