vampire survivors

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you haven't picked up Bloodstained yet and want to it's part of a Humble Bundle deal $20 for 7 games right now.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Kills.

1646454203099.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing sporadically and usually die a little after 10 minutes in. How do I git gud?

I did invest in the +1 projectile upgrade and working on the +EXP upgrades to help outpace the leveling curve. Have had the most consistent early game success with Garlic but I know it doesn't scale.

Still the best $3 I ever sent.

Goonsquad Officer
I kind of recognize which heroes are good with which weapons and which weapons rack up body count vs which are good for punching a hole in a wall of monsters. finding the mix is the trick.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
OK, using the starting character with +1 projectiles got me over that hump and my first clear.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
New area, Bone Zone, is a pain in the ass. I got to like 29:30 and didn't have the killing power to stop from getting overwhelmed but some different build decisions might make the difference. Also, might try it not on Hyper mode and see how that goes.

At 3 bucks I sure have gotten a lot of mileage out of this game.

• 1Solidarity

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
New area, Bone Zone, is a pain in the ass. I got to like 29:30 and didn't have the killing power to stop from getting overwhelmed but some different build decisions might make the difference. Also, might try it not on Hyper mode and see how that goes.

At 3 bucks I sure have gotten a lot of mileage out of this game.
I had to refund power ups and not invest in curse so the enemy hp was more manageable.

Tried a few times before without success.

Used the arcana that allow knife and boomerang to crit along with the one that doubles healing.

• 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I had to refund power ups and not invest in curse so the enemy hp was more manageable.

Tried a few times before without success.

Used the arcana that allow knife and boomerang to crit along with the one that doubles healing.
Yeah, I had the same issue. Had to respec out of curse but even then I still barely did it. Used the newer guy with birds that fire in four directions, axe, book, Santa water, Lightening, fire wand, and evolved them all. Also used the revive arcana with a couple of weapon related ones.

Cybsled

I got by with this combo. I wanted to get the fire explosion arcana to really boost Hellfire damage (the bounce + explode arcanas make it do disgusting DPS), but had to get the revive arcana as my 2nd due to sustain problems. Heaven sword crit + bounce arcanas make it pretty nutty, especially if you get duplicated projectiles. Yatta was useful because his cherrybombs do knockback, so at the end they were able to keep a lot of the shit off my while the constant catfights made a steady DPS cloud

bonezone.jpg

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Games fun. Been playing a bit, ended up using bianca for first time just so I could unlock a reroll and ended up with a god tier run (for where I'm at in the game)

1650952888998.png

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This build completely trivialized it. I don't think I even got hit. Arcanas were bounce for wands, fireball explosions, and axe crits. Was actually quite surprised just how much axe crit boosted it, normally it's the fireballs that stomp every other weapon.

bonezone30.png

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I used the new dog just because. Turns out his base weapon at level 8 heals you. Combined that with the arcana for 2x healing, 3 extra revives, Rune Tracer evolved with Armor, evolved holy water, and a couple other weapons. Also had to turn curse down to 0. Just decided to try to escape towards the end and had no revives left when Death showed up.

Actually challenging again, but that level is annoying because you can't see shit on it.

Also, whose idea was it to name it "Bone Zone?" Ridiculous

1650998801172.png

• 1Worf

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got this yesterday after seeing it pop up on my YouTube. Unlocked a few heroes buy having trouble lasting more than 15 min on map 1. Got up to 28min on the library and unlocked a ton of new items.

Using skeleton guy right now and trying to unlock the gun guy buy no luck yet.

What's a good strategy in the beginning? I guess buying the passives with gold help a lot.

Caliane

the passives do make it go from "this is hard", to "I sleep this is so easy".

with passives, you can reset them, for free with 100% return on gold. this is important to note, because the cost of passives increases when you buy passives, as a %. so, its more cost effective to buy the most expensive ones first. but you also can't afford them right away, so buying cheaper ones will let you progress further earlier. +exp and +proj for sure.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
My best runs usually start with garlic since you just run over guys and get EXP quicker and it slowballs from there.
Big picture wise, I started breaking through when I got the passive for an extra projectile and started using heroes with extra projectiles.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there a max to how many evolved weapons you can have? Sometimes I have the items but it stops giving me upgrades and just goes to Bags of Gold/Chicken option.

E.g. axe and candelabra in below
Ex:

20220518200429_1.jpg

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider
Is there a max to how many evolved weapons you can have? Sometimes I have the items but it stops giving me upgrades and just goes to Bags of Gold/Chicken option.

E.g. axe and candelabra in below
Haven't played in a while, but when I did you could only get an evolution from a chest. Possible you were only getting normal levels?