Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
When Twitch chat and the obvious on-screen ideology intersect:

Screenshot_20190321-233746.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
An actual sequel; nice. Looking forward to seeing gameplay. That said, never heard of this dev team; any reason to be particularly optimistic or pessimistic about them?

Caliane

An actual sequel; nice. Looking forward to seeing gameplay. That said, never heard of this dev team; any reason to be particularly optimistic or pessimistic about them?
Hardsuit labs.
Established in 2015, Hardsuit Labs is an independent game development studio located in Seattle, WA.
Seattle based dve studio making a video game about seattle. I am shocked. SHOCKED.
Formerly, Builderbox games.
Formerly, Zombie studios.
Zombie Studios shut down in January 2015 with its owners' retirement. Former staffers of the company subsequently founded a new studio, Builder Box Games (now Hardsuit Labs), who acquired some of Zombie Studio's former IPs, including Blacklight: Retribution.[3]

LiquidDeath

From last night's Twitch chat. Gee I wonder why nobody likes politics in their games.

Screenshot_20190321-233537.png

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Really, I'd be perfectly find with SJW stuff being in it if it was factored into the clan politics. Use that shit as a way to get easy thralls(ghouls) and have the social upheaval over it in the backdrop as the clans try to learn how to adjust to a drastically different world.

SJW are just Malkavians.

Now that would be funny. :D

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I dunno about this.

Bloodlines was so great because it wasn't your standard completely meets expectations of what a vampire game is gonna be. There was actual worldbuilding and solid writing involved. Even if it was obvious from the first time you interacted with the insane twin that she was 1 person, it was wonderful how that completely obvious bit played out.

It's looking a lot like this one is going to not only meet those standard expectations but wildly exceed them.

I could very well be wrong and we get another "that's not just pretty good for a vampire game, that's just a fucking great game" out of it. I hope I am. But... paradox. I don't even hate paradox. This just isn't what they're known for doing well.

If we've got the same quality of story as the first one but it's just riddled with bizzare sexuality and SJW tropes... hell, I might even be ok with that. It's -vampires-.

As long as the central story is stronk. The Continuing Adventures of Smiling Jack, bringing chaos to some Seattle noobpires.

Then again I'm the one guy that actually liked Queen of the Damned for the hopeless schlock that it was.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've seen a lot of people bitching on Twitter than the VtM games(non-videogame stuff) have gone really SJW lately. If they make a good game, I can deal with some bullshit in that regard, but I'm skeptical at this point.

• 4Barf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It could be a very interesting story since Vampires are social creatures and the Masquerade demands that they become shut ins or participants in the community. I would expect a ton of newly turned vampires to have SJW leanings but expanded into what that would mean for an immortal race that feeds on humans.

It is going to be a fine line to walk and I bet they will fail utterly; but let's not act like Bloodlines didn't have some social commentary running through the story (rich old vampires trying to run the show while the poor vampires tried to stop them and bring it all down!)

• 3Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It could be a very interesting story since Vampires are social creatures and the Masquerade demands that they become shut ins or participants in the community. I would expect a ton of newly turned vampires to have SJW leanings but expanded into what that would mean for an immortal race that feeds on humans.

It is going to be a fine line to walk and I bet they will fail utterly; but let's not act like Bloodlines didn't have some social commentary running through the story (rich old vampires trying to run the show while the poor vampires tried to stop them and bring it all down!)
Yeah, as long as it's not pandering bullshit, I don't mind left-leaning political stories and characters.

• 3Like

LiquidDeath

I don't give a shit about vampire politics, I just want them to stay away from specific politics of right now. Like, if they talk about punching Nazis in a non-ironic way I'm going to be unhappy. I want this kind of shit in the new game:

vtmb picture.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've seen a lot of people bitching on Twitter than the VtM games(non-videogame stuff) have gone really SJW lately. If they make a good game, I can deal with some bullshit in that regard, but I'm skeptical at this point.

View attachment 200398

The most annoying part about this SJW crap is how very on the nose they are with it. The only thing missing from this guy is a f2m transition while being embraced.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The most annoying part about this SJW crap is how very on the nose they are with it. The only thing missing from this guy is a f2m transition while being embraced.
Exactly. It's just corny and not at all subtle or well-written. It's the hallmark of SJW writing, really.

Caliane

that pic is SO corny and on the nose, I have to assume its intentionally a joke.